Coral Vue Hydros

AJ_Tsin's Zeo 47g Shallow. NEW FTS

AJ_Tsin

HHHHD you mean? :lol:

You don't necessarily need all those bubble traps if you place your pump intake right. You could probably get away with just 1 baffle..

No I mean 4K lol.... 4K 2:1 Which is 4,096×2,048 pixels from a Red Camera compared to the typical 1920x1080 HD

It is equivalent to 2304p instead of the typical 1080p if you were to compare the two 16:9 images.

In lamans terms its way bigger than HD...

As for the sump I will probably build it with two baffles instead of three per section. This way no detritus can build up between the baffles. I do however want more than one per section to really guarantee nothing gets through also I want to discourage detritus from leaving the first chamber the longer it stays in the first sections the more likely it will get skimmed up instead of going somewhere else.

Edited by AJ_Tsin
Yea the ATO certainly eliminates any water level issues. When the clowns are added I will be shooting a new video in 4k Resolution...

Have you ever taken 35mm film shots of your tank? From my limited understanding it's even better than 4K.

Unfortunately I don't think we'd be able to view it online, even if youtube allowed such an upload. My monitor's resolution maxes out at 1080p. :D

Have you ever taken 35mm film shots of your tank? From my limited understanding it's even better than 4K.

Unfortunately I don't think we'd be able to view it online, even if youtube allowed such an upload. My monitor's resolution maxes out at 1080p. :D

I havent shot any 35mm of the tank that's far too expensive these days. Its not necessarily better than 4K they are completely different and hard to compare. Pros and Cons to both.

Youtube allows 4K uploads these days but its basically very difficult to view. However the native ingestion of the media makes a huge difference. Although most of us can only watch it at about 1080 or 2k there were more pixels to begin with so it looks way better and there is far more detail in the image.

Compare it to a photo taken with a Point and Shoot vs a DSLR. Although they might both be displayed at the same resolution online the DSLR was a higher native resolution so it looks cleaner and clearer less noise etc.

Ha it will be much easier to explain when you see shots in the next video. The image quality will be incredible compared to any other aquarium video online... period.

So last week I added two sexy shrimp to the system... Today they both finally found the maxi mini anemone. Awesome! Pics to come of this soon.

Also I am dripping in 14 new sps and Lps frags as we speak. Haha a bit much. I know. Stay tuned for updates.

you drip corals? how long?

Yea. About an hour. I actually didn't drip just used a turkey baster and slowly exchanged the water. I find it works well to help sps adapt, avoid rtn, or at least keep thier color.

Frags are all settling in well with nice polyp extension this morning. Lights were off though so tonight I will see how they really look.

Currently I have them all sitting in eggcrate on top of the sandbed I will take some photos once I start attaching them to rocks.

I am pretty pleased my sexy shrimp found the anemone. It's awesome they're hosting, pretty interesting stuff. Really adds to the ecosystem.

I am pretty pleased my sexy shrimp found the anemone. It's awesome they're hosting, pretty interesting stuff. Really adds to the ecosystem.

yeah, they're odd to watch... I think I got a pair cause they are hosting the same nem and are rarely less than an inch apart.

I really want to get a purple/clear commensal shrimp... SUM and NAFB has them, but not really interesting to watch as they just sit in the nem and do nothing, lol.

your tank is awesome btw.

yeah, they're odd to watch... I think I got a pair cause they are hosting the same nem and are rarely less than an inch apart.

I really want to get a purple/clear commensal shrimp... SUM and NAFB has them, but not really interesting to watch as they just sit in the nem and do nothing, lol.

your tank is awesome btw.

Thanks dude. Those clear purple ones are pretty sweet! Good to see a fellow Ontario reefer on N-R. Thanks for the compliments!

phi delt reefer

RED CAMERA :o

lets have some pics of the camera! I heard they are using 50 of these cameras to film the new Hobbit movie (LOTR). You must be doing some serious work AJ - congrats on the new camera (and fish, lol)

RED CAMERA :o

lets have some pics of the camera! I heard they are using 50 of these cameras to film the new Hobbit movie (LOTR). You must be doing some serious work AJ - congrats on the new camera (and fish, lol)

I will post a picture or two of the camera when I bring it home. We have two of them at the studio in my office. It is certainly a heavy duty rig.

All 14 new Frags are all in place now and the scape looks pretty full. 12 of the 14 are SPS. These pieces are very unique shapes with multiple branches and are going to fill out nicely. At 10$ each for some really colorful corals im very pleased. I wont be adding many, if any new SPS frags for a while now until things fill out. There is still a bit of room on the lower ledges for zoas and LPS.

It's such a dynamic scape that pictures don't really do it justice hopefully the next video will.

How have you liked your configuration of your T5 bulbs now that you've had them a bit? I have a 6 bulb fixture and I like the color and the growth of your tank.

If you only had 6 bulbs instead of 8 to work with, what 6 would you pick?

I have to upgrade from the stock bulbs the Nova Extreme Pro came with soon I think, even though they have no run time on them.

Thanks again, looking forward to those new frags and the new sump.

How have you liked your configuration of your T5 bulbs now that you've had them a bit? I have a 6 bulb fixture and I like the color and the growth of your tank.

If you only had 6 bulbs instead of 8 to work with, what 6 would you pick?

I have to upgrade from the stock bulbs the Nova Extreme Pro came with soon I think, even though they have no run time on them.

Thanks again, looking forward to those new frags and the new sump.

I like the combo although its a bit too blue right now. I could go for another white and another purple bulb. If it were 6 I'd run.

ATI Blue +

ATI Blue +

K-Z Fiji Purple

ATI Aquablue Special

ATI Blue +

ATI Blue +

Frags are settling in well but will probably take a couple weeks to color up. Most of em arrived a bit brown at least on one side. There are some really nice ones though. ORA Clowns are going in tomorrow night so pics to come of all of this.

Also I may have to take out one of the anthias. It's getting the crap kicked out of it by the larger one. I don't think it will survive much longer if it keeps up.

If that's the case I will probably just keep the one for a while until things are really stable and then add a longnose butterfly in a few months.

Did I mention sexy shrimp are awesome.

We definetly need pics.. Cant wait for my shallow to be finished at the builder.. Got all my Zeovit and goodies waiting.. What Gravel did you go for ? I fing the Caribsea Fiji pink is to small and gets blown around by the Mp10

Pics? :P

We definetly need pics.. Cant wait for my shallow to be finished at the builder.. Got all my Zeovit and goodies waiting.. What Gravel did you go for ? I fing the Caribsea Fiji pink is to small and gets blown around by the Mp10

Soon... I am at two commercial shoots for Triscuits and Corona all weekend lol so haven't had a chance to take pictures.

I have Carib-Sea Sugar Sized Sand and sometimes it gets blown around a bit from time to time but for the most part I have the pump tuned well enough to keep things on the ground. I think the sugar sized sand looks 10000 times better in nano reefs but there are pros and cons to any choice of sand bed.

animalmaster6
Soon... I am at two commercial shoots for Triscuits and Corona all weekend lol so haven't had a chance to take pictures.

That's awesome. Can you post the videos?

Here are two iPhone Shots the ORA Black Ice Snowflake Clowns. I haven't shot any DLSR photos of them or the new frags and I had to crop the crap out of these so they are obviously not the best quality. The fish are moving quite quickly and the iPhone is not the best for focusing on moving subjects... nonetheless you get the gist. They are amazing looking fish.

IMG_2228.jpg

IMG_2232.jpg

They are doing awesome and are loving the new pad.

- A.

Those clowns are AMAZING, I love this thread

Haha, Thanks Jessy, I try to keep it up. I hope to have some DSLR shots up soon. For sure for April FTS.