Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

AJ_Tsin's Zeo 47g Shallow. NEW FTS

AJ_Tsin

I'm guessing you meant they dropped to <0.04 :P

Interesting that the rubbermaid container was the cause of the rise in phosphates. I was thinking of switching my top off reservoir from a 2.5 tank to plasic container but guess I'll stick with the tank.

Edited by msujeff
I'm guessing you meant they dropped to <0.04 :P

Interesting that the rubbermaid container was the cause of the rise in phosphates. I was thinking of switching my top off reservoir from a 2.5 tank to plasic container but guess I'll stick with the tank.

Post edited... ha. Yea stick with the tank. I have been doing a lot of reading on this both aquarium and non aquarium related, pure H20 is really corrosive it really should be stored in glass or used immediately.

Tank looks great AJ! You really deserved TOTM.

Keep it up!

Thanks Dasani. Means a lot.

Thinking of getting an ATI Skimmer in the future...

I am happy with the Vertex however I think a more powerful skimmer may be necessary especially if I am planning on adding any more water volume sometime in the future.

This one in particular: http://glassbox-design.com/2010/ati-powercone/

Anyone have any thoughts, or comparable price point alternatives? I know they aren't available yet at least not in Canada.

I was set on an automated Dosing system but honestly dosing the ZEOvit system means I am dosing daily anyways so its not much more work to dose ALK and CA manually as well. So I am looking at skimmers instead... I think thats the only item left on the tank that is just moderate in performance currently.

Edited by AJ_Tsin
you looking for a price for that specific skimmer? goreef has them for preorder.. not sure if you already knew that.. lol

I have seen it at goreef and I have asked about preordering... I am going to get this skimmer. I watched a few videos online on how it performs. Its ridiculous... preorded..? I think so.

Well I don't know wether to attribute it to the ZEOvit or the ATI Lighting or both, but I have never seen SPS grow this fast. I will take pictures at the end of the month to compare some of the frag growth its ridiculous. Its fast enough I notice growth daily, and polyp extension at night is insane.

This system is really starting to rock.

TheNordCelt
Well I don't know wether to attribute it to the ZEOvit or the ATI Lighting or both, but I have never seen SPS grow this fast. I will take pictures at the end of the month to compare some of the frag growth its ridiculous. Its fast enough I notice growth daily, and polyp extension at night is insane.

I hear you man, Its only been a couple days since I added the zeolites, and i think it has been a cumulative affect of vsv heavy feeding/skimming, but its like the Pohls Xtra, zeolites and Amino's just pushed it over the edge. I swear I can see new tips on all my sps in the last 2 days.

Paleoreef103

Says the guy who just got TOTM. :lol: Oh. Premium aquatics has the powercone for 40 dollars cheaper than goreef.

Edited by Paleoreef103

hi,awsome tank mate, i got a similair size being built and hope it looks as good as urs. What substrate did you go for ? Carib Sea seafloor grade ? I have Fiji pink in my RSM 250 but gets blown around with the mp10 to much

Says the guy who just got TOTM. :lol: Oh. Premium aquatics has the powercone for 40 dollars cheaper than goreef.

Hahaha. Nice, I am Canada though so shipping will bring that price back up.

hi,awsome tank mate, i got a similair size being built and hope it looks as good as urs. What substrate did you go for ? Carib Sea seafloor grade ? I have Fiji pink in my RSM 250 but gets blown around with the mp10 to much

I have sugar sized sand. Thanks for the compliments guys.

Getting a new sump built I think. I felt the setup I have now is not very practical also with such a big basement the potential is limitless. I had a bit of an emergency this weekend as I was adjusting one of the overflow pipes in the basement "Sump#1" I must have twisted too much because I put a giant crack in the glass. Luckily I drained it and rerouted the display back into "Sump#2" before I lost any water. The problem is now my sump is jammed pack with a Protein Skimmer a Zeo reator a heater and a return pump. Also I lost 15 gallons of water volume by removing the cracked tank.

So here is the solution to do it right and really allow for expansion a frag tank or fish only tank are added in the future.

Here are the plans.

There are Four chambers including a setup for an eggcrate ladder system.

The ladder where the water flows in will contain filter floss and Carbon in a filter sock.

Chamber 1 (With the ladder) will have Finnex Heater and the little gate at the bottom will direct overflow water right at the skimmer input.

Chamber 2 will hold The ATI Powercone Skimmer I preordered

Chamber 3 will have the Zeo reactor chamber and any probes

Chamber 4 will include return pump, any dosing hoses, ato water and float valves.

NewSumpDimensions.jpg

Angles4.jpg

Angles2.jpg

Edited by AJ_Tsin

Also quarantine update: I will be adding both Black Ice Snowflake Clowns from ORA this upcoming weekend. They will have been in quarantine for a month now and are super healthy. Eating flakes, frozen, and spectrum pellets like crazy.

Hahaha. Nice, I am Canada though so shipping will bring that price back up.

Depending on the shipping price from the states... I have found from experience that if you ask the vendors to put gift or sample on the claim slip, that you don't have to pay duty on the order and can still get it $10-$20+ cheaper than we can in Canada, especially when our dollar is really high.

Depending on the shipping price from the states... I have found from experience that if you ask the vendors to put gift or sample on the claim slip, that you don't have to pay duty on the order and can still get it $10-$20+ cheaper than we can in Canada, especially when our dollar is really high.

This is true however I am not sure I'd want to risk it. Plus I am a Canadian business owner myself so I have some moral obligation to support the national economy. I try to buy locally when I can. Also GoReef.com and other Canadian order sites are usually very fast with shipping.

Nice looking sump plans! Thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing those new clowns as well.

Thanks Mighty.

Anyone see any potential issues or have any advice?

NewSumpDimensions.jpg

Angles4.jpg

Angles2.jpg

Hey AJ,

Have you still got that star fish that was in your first vid?

N

Not anymore. It died randomly last year. Lasted about a year or so then just all of a sudden died with no warnings etc.

I love the starfish. I will probably add a new one sometime soon just havent gotten around to it yet.

- A.

The sump design looks great. Which side will be input and output? I assume you are putting the skimmer before the fuge area?

Input is on the end with the square tower. (Front left of image w/dimensions). There will be filter floss and carbon sitting on eggcrate in the ladder setup.

Yes skimmer will go in the front chamber. No fuge though. I run zeovit.

If you didn't have an auto topoff already, then my only concern so far would have been the footprint for the return as evaporation would quickly deplete the water level. But you do, so I don't see any issues there.

Let us know how it ends up working out, and Im still excited to see those clowns!! :D

If you didn't have an auto topoff already, then my only concern so far would have been the footprint for the return as evaporation would quickly deplete the water level. But you do, so I don't see any issues there.

Let us know how it ends up working out, and Im still excited to see those clowns!! :D

Yea the ATO certainly eliminates any water level issues. When the clowns are added I will be shooting a new video in 4k Resolution...

Yea the ATO certainly eliminates any water level issues. When the clowns are added I will be shooting a new video in 4k Resolution...

HHHHD you mean? :lol:

You don't necessarily need all those bubble traps if you place your pump intake right. You could probably get away with just 1 baffle..

Edited by Maeda