ReefCleaners.org

20long barrier/lagoon build

bird

new vid

getting a little better at it.

loud noise is an oversized fan on the MH. It is not that loud but the camera seems to pick up even the tiniest fart.

th_20longvid769.jpg

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is sweet, but you need to change the thread name. Coolest tank/I did it!

I will do that. lol

Come to jersey and tell me what is wrong with my bonsai... Its killing me..

Awesome tank btw!

Thanks.

I notice some of my sps have become duller lately, more brown like.

Only thing I have done different in the last week is run out of the Brightwell CoralAmino.

Ordering some more tonight.

The lighting took care of it. I was going to edit out the stand but it doesn't show up anyway.

20longvid450.jpg?t=1267327447

Woah... Freaking sweet. :o

latest pictures. seeing some good growth from the zoanthids. BamBams are really doing well I notice.

Started using Brightwell CA again so hopefully get some color back into the sps.

20longvid896.jpg?t=1268603407

20longvid910.jpg?t=1268603429

This tank is soo awesome!

I love the Grandis Paly! They dwarf all the other zoas :lol:

Thanks. I feel fortunate with them

I know several other locals that have gotten them and have had trouble keeping them green.

I have nothing to offer them though cause I don't know what makes them stay green or loose the green.

The local guy I got them from said to feed them a couple times a week, which I do (pellets-so much easier and can target 100%) and keep them in med-high lighting.

that is freakin awesome, i was also going to do a tank like this

imo i think you should stop adding corals and just let it all grow out from now

My one concern is that you mentioned having a DSB in the deep end. The 20 long isn't super deep so if you are taking up 4-6 inches for a DSB the drop-off won't be as dramatic as if you had a normal sandbed or even bare bottom...

Agreed. Having the pump under the shallow end may be a servicing nightmare as well...

20longvid450.jpg?t=1267327447

Looks great! Cool dynamic...

Agreed. Having the pump under the shallow end may be a servicing nightmare as well...

Looks great! Cool dynamic...

It seems to be working out OK. I agree, I had considered that it might be difficult to service, but so far I have been able to get to the pump with no problem.

Being a Maxijet, it doesn't have too many problems and really the only pain is when I turn the chaeto once a week. But that only takes removing the magnetic held egg crate that holds the filter pad from the overflow.

Takes about 5 minutes if that.

The real problem is that room has already become an issue for corals.

Trying to find places for them so that one does not block light from another or overgrow.

amazing. what lighting are you using

150 wt Metal Halide. It is phoenix bulb and 2 T5 actinic.

I am really surprised I have had this much luck with keeping everything healthy and growing.

Get on the right forum and it is not so hard after all to keep a nano sized tank.

Here is a side shot and a couple other pics.

It is so amazing to get home in the evenings and find something like this staring up at you.

Helps to unwind after a long day at work.

I get picture crazy it seems.

20longvid1232.jpg?t=1269473959

20longvid1257.jpg?t=1269473992

This tank is too incredibly awesomey crazy.

What is the current fish list?

Thanks for the encouraging words.

The is a pygmy angel and a yellow watchman.

That will be all so I can keep nutrients down.

I had my nitrates checked and they were between 5 and 10, the test kit was a dip in so I don't know how reliable those are, and I was thinking that may be why some of my sps went brown.

I am doing some research on sps going brown, well reading what I can find that is to say.

I also am thinking that I have had my lighting too high up.

I have lowered it a little now.

latest pictures. seeing some good growth from the zoanthids. BamBams are really doing well I notice.

Started using Brightwell CA again so hopefully get some color back into the sps.

20longvid896.jpg?t=1268603407

20longvid910.jpg?t=1268603429

Top down shots are my favorite!

Do you have a pistol for the watchman?

Yes. A Tiger pistol kind.

It has been keeping the sand bed stirred up under the rock very well.

I think this will help to keep nutrients built up there.

I hope so at least some.

Archived