ReefCleaners.org

20long barrier/lagoon build

bird

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those suckers get suprisingly huge, if I'm right of course. Plus, the tank looks massive in the pics, but it is a 20 long. Scale might have something to do with it.

Any who, here I am perpetually screwing around on your thread. I'm off to rescue preety damsels and what not.

Added some macro to the shallow.

Once I find a place for the rest of the corals I hope to have nothing but macro there.

you have to be here though, but maybe give an idea.

th_20longvid312.jpg

One of my favorite additions. Hopefully it will cull out the starfish populations in this tank.

OK, so more nutrient addition. Something I am trying to get away from, but who keeping a reef tank can do so 100% ?

20longvid318.jpg?t=1267227049

Added more macro.

I hope with the lagoon full of macro and chaeto macro in the bottom chamber I might be able to avoid hooking up a protein skimmer.

Just keeping 2 fish. Cherub angel and watchman goby so feedings will be much less than before.

20longvid321.jpg?t=1267246047

Harlequin Shrimp are bad arse. just vacuum out the "pebbles" it leaves behind and you should be OK. B)

Thanks. I will do that. It is eating in a corner that will be easy to get to.

This tank is so cool, I just feel like the pictures don't do it justice. Any way you can get us some better pictures? Maybe a head on shot?

Been trying but with the wide tank and no wide angle lens not working too great as far as pics. Witht he lame stand I built until I get it covered with a shell, I don't want to go too far back for a pic. :(

Best look I think is from above though.

Semi-full pic

20longvid370.jpg?t=1267324368

my favorite section-the reef crest. I think it will look sweet once the zoanthids have overgrown it.

20longvid434.jpg?t=1267324538

Been trying but with the wide tank and no wide angle lens not working too great as far as pics. Witht he lame stand I built until I get it covered with a shell, I don't want to go too far back for a pic. :(

Best look I think is from above though.

Semi-full pic

LOL my stand / skin build isn't that greating looking either right now, I'm actually gluing the skin on now. Just take a picture from further back and PM me, I'm curious as to what it looks like head on.

LOL my stand / skin build isn't that greating looking either right now, I'm actually gluing the skin on now. Just take a picture from further back and PM me, I'm curious as to what it looks like head on.

The lighting took care of it. I was going to edit out the stand but it doesn't show up anyway.

20longvid450.jpg?t=1267327447

The lighting took care of it. I was going to edit out the stand but it doesn't show up anyway.

20longvid450.jpg?t=1267327447

Best picture yet :bowdown:

With the Calurpa in the sand flats it makes me want to try something like this.

Great looking tank. Couldn't tell whether it was the audio on the video clips or was it a bit on the loud side, but none the less, a very inspiring tank. Even more impressive is your collection of zoas. Damn they looked large and heathly. I'll be keeping an eye out in the classifieds in the event you ever have to frag them. Anyway, great design, execution and display!

lnglostsurfer

Wow, haven't chimed in here in awhile...but wow! This thing has come along really well! And much quicker than I could have imagined, projects seem to take me 3 times as long as they should. I'm definitely excited for you though, this is an awesome tank! I'm very jealous. Now....how do to this on my 55 gallon....

Wow, haven't chimed in here in awhile...but wow! This thing has come along really well! And much quicker than I could have imagined, projects seem to take me 3 times as long as they should. I'm definitely excited for you though, this is an awesome tank! I'm very jealous. Now....how do to this on my 55 gallon....

A 55 would be awesome. Long and narrow and plenty of room to do it. Would only need one stong pump at the deep end side too.

If I were to do it in a 55gl I would go with an MP40.

If you do do it, please do a build thread.

Algae is out.

The second pistol moved up to the shallow and made havoc, had the macro floating everywhere.

Next morning after removing the macro I saw the pistol sitting in a corner so I was able to scoop it out and give it away.

Now to add macro again.

Searching for shavebrush and from what I gather, Halimeda will grow in sand bed rooted.

A mix of the three I think will keep the tank nutrient free.

Anyone know anything about seagrass and if it would stay short enough?

Only about 4" to the surface.

some new pictures of corals.

Bonsai has colored back up nicely and seems to be enjoying the new tank

20longvid618.jpg?t=1267846841

same with the Voodoo-this and the bonsai are my favorites I guess.

20longvid622.jpg?t=1267846954

Don't know what this is, forgo the name. Hope it colors up nicely.

20longvid649.jpg?t=1267847040

Don't know what these are but have taken notice of them lately since moving them closer to the light. Don't even remember where I go them from. They sat down low in the old tank for who knows how long. Never paid them any mind.

20longvid658.jpg?t=1267847112

Archived