Innovative Marine Aquariums

20long barrier/lagoon build

bird

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice!!! It's going to look like a forrest once all of those acros start growing in. I think you'll have to just frag them and send me some clippings..lol

By the way, I fragged up some of those Aztecs last week. I'll send you a few polyps, if you just want to cover shipping. Unless, you decided that the old palys are not cool enough for you..haha

new picture.

I am thinking that the colors could be much brighter still.

At this point though I have become really confused as to what additives to add.

There seems to be so damn many and all claim to be the best.

The few I have tried seem to have worked...at first.

I have about abandoned all hope I am afraid when it comes to knowing what to use if anything.

I have to admit I love haing a reef tank, but with so many different products available all claiming to be what is needed it kind of makes the hobby not not only confusing but expensive.

Picture275.jpg?t=1274749124

[/img]

Still not real pleased with the colors of some, but most seem to be coloring up OK.

Tank has still not come about like I had first planned.

I wanted in the shallow only macro.

It has been difficult to choose which corals to keep and which to thin so the keepers have room to grow. Shallow still has lots of overflow.

Also I added a tiger pistol to the shallow which will mean only well attached macros.

So far keeping a nano reef has been more pleasurable then not. :happydance:

getting there-almost all keepers

Picture506.jpg?t=1275752501

Picture490.jpg?t=1275752522

I think the larger bird nest will go though. Think it is going to be a shader for anything under.

This is one of the coolest tanks on this site.. I've been wanting to do a tank like this for some time now. Great choice on the corals, and the colors are looking great.

What are the two HUGE ass Zoa/Pally things you have called? They are both green and look like each polyp is the size of a quarter. I want some of these badly.

What are the two HUGE ass Zoa/Pally things you have called? They are both green and look like each polyp is the size of a quarter. I want some of these badly.

Not really sure which you mean. THe ones in the second picture from the last and in the top right corner?

If so, those are Palythoa Grandis.

That's a lot of excellent corals right there.

FTS?

Too kind.

I want to finish the stand doors before I get a full shot.

Kind of embarrassed about it right now.

I have a table saw and wood, but getting it done if another matter.

This is one of the coolest tanks on this site.. I've been wanting to do a tank like this for some time now. Great choice on the corals, and the colors are looking great.

Way over on that one, lol. I appreciate the complement though. Maybe because I see it everyday.

One of the coolest tanks if you haven't seen it though is here

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...&hl=volcano

After checking it out and a few more that are on this site, mine becomes pretty boring.

Awesome tank.... I want to build one now!!!! But I have bills to pay so not likely.... sucks being a grown up lol

3 new polyps I notice now. At first they were not much to look at but now that they have settled in and colored up they are nearing my top favorites.

Picture736.jpg?t=1276984969

Definetly Captain Americas.

Some awesome palys for sure!!!

Are they still popular or fading out? What is the average polyp going for?

I thought I would get some grown and then use them for trades for other high end zoanthids.

$60pp in some places.. ;) You my friend have scored big time.

Sweet.

Some latest pics.

Notice the flat worm outbreak. I think they came in on some algae. I don't know why but I had never thought to dip the algae, just corals.

Live and learn.

I might try a 6 line and syphoning them, lower nutrients and let them run their course.

Picture739.jpg?t=1277588202

Picture743.jpg?t=1277588261

Picture754.jpg?t=1277588290

Do you know what these ones are called? I just acquired some of the same.

Picture739.jpg

not really ure myself. Some kind of pple eater

The corals look incredible!!!

I don't see any flatworms :unsure:

Too kind. The colors do seem to be getting better, somewhat.

You can see the flatworms in this pic. I don't want to add any FWE right now.

Notice the zoanthids both with the algae in the mouth. What's up with that I wonder?

Just noticed this one

Picture778.jpg?t=1277598069

this one from a while back.

Picture074.jpg?t=1277598019

animalmaster6

Oh I see a few.

I think I know what the zoas are doing. The algae becomes loose and goes to the zoas and the zoas mouths are open. Do you feed them?

Archived