Coral Vue Hydros

20long barrier/lagoon build

bird

Very Nice!

What are the kind you have and the goby?

The pistols are paired up? Cool.

I had two tigers that I tried to pair up but one ripped the claw off of the one I now have.

Took the other to the fish store for credit.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr. Microscope

Awesome! I was thinking about doing something like this the other day. I'm glad someone has already attempted it with success. Conragrats! Tank looks amazing.

animalmaster6
What are the kind you have and the goby?

The pistols are paired up? Cool.

I had two tigers that I tried to pair up but one ripped the claw off of the one I now have.

Took the other to the fish store for credit.

I have a Hi Fin Red Banded Shrimp Goby and he'she is paired with a mated pair of Red Banded Pistol Shrimps.

I had pure luck pairing the male and female. It is very hard!

kamikaze_fish

I think the tank looks awesome but I think it looks cluttered (just an opinion). You should do a 2nd one going the opposite direction sitting right beside this one.

I think the tank looks awesome but I think it looks cluttered (just an opinion). You should do a 2nd one going the opposite direction sitting right beside this one.

I think you are right about the clutter.

I had not planned on having this many different corals, but the bug bit and you know how that can go...

I have been looking carefully and deciding which I want to keep and have dominate the tank.

I am pretty sure sps and a few zoanthids.

A list is what I need listing the ones I could not get rid of and those I can part with and go from there.

Yes, room is an issue here for sure.

Unfortunately, a second tank is not an option right now, I am lucky I have been able to keep this one going for now.

• 4 weeks later...

have been changing layout of the corals and combating purple macro but I think I am getting it under control somewhat.

It has slowed in growth and seems to have even changed texture/color to a degree becoming a brighter purple and firmer looking.

This section I believe is complete for these to grow out.

20longvid2423.jpg?t=1272114375

thanks for looking.

fishdaddy0831
Is there any way to see the past pics that were posted?

They all say they've been moved or deleted.

^^ YES! Repost those pics. I want to see this tank!

Did you ever get an ID on the Purple Macro?

I ask because it reminds me a bit of Blue Ochtodes but I'm not sure if it's the same thing.

This thread sucks without all the past pics :P

No seriously.. post the past pics.. you had me licking my chops when I saw the "inspirational" tank. :)

Nice.

What zoa is to the left?

They are Capt America and Purple Hornets and the ones in the back are Raptor Rainbow I believe.

Is there any way to see the past pics that were posted?

They all say they've been moved or deleted.

I have been planning to load them all again but was not sure which went where so been taking a little longer than I had planned.

Did you ever get an ID on the Purple Macro?

I ask because it reminds me a bit of Blue Ochtodes but I'm not sure if it's the same thing.

Yes, I believe most have identified it as ochtodes and image search shows same looking algae.

fishdaddy0831
I have been planning to load them all again but was not sure which went where so been taking a little longer than I had planned.

Start a whole new thread IMO. First post make a step by step from start to finish. This thread needs a different title anyway. "Bird's 20L shallow-deep" or something

Start a whole new thread IMO. First post make a step by step from start to finish. This thread needs a different title anyway. "Bird's 20L shallow-deep" or something

Probably would be easier.

Might call it 'Bird's Barrier/Lagoon nano'.

fishdaddy0831
Probably would be easier.

Might call it 'Bird's Barrier/Lagoon nano'.

I noticed you got a FTS at the top of this page now. AWSOME! Great tank. I hope you get the rest of the pics up.

WOW just read the whole thing from front to back really nice setup. Hows the vortech doing with the waves on the surface how natural looking is it pretty good..? Like the watchman in his cave looking out in that FTS you have.. Have you had to do any maintance in the bottom yet any problems with your arm's and hands getting down there..? We'll looks great and will contiue to check out the thread weekly.Keep it up and best of luck to a great tank.. did stevie end making a media basket for you to fit in there.. just wondering..

WOW just read the whole thing from front to back really nice setup. Hows the vortech doing with the waves on the surface how natural looking is it pretty good..? Like the watchman in his cave looking out in that FTS you have.. Have you had to do any maintance in the bottom yet any problems with your arm's and hands getting down there..? We'll looks great and will contiue to check out the thread weekly.Keep it up and best of luck to a great tank.. did stevie end making a media basket for you to fit in there.. just wondering..

Thanks very much.

The MP10 is awesome. I love the way the corals wave back and forth and I think they like it too.

Have not had to go into the bottom yet.

I change the filter pads (Pura cut to fit pads), the pump has kept going and the chaeto, though it has been growing, has not come into contact with the pump strainer nor clogged it.

I thought I would be playing around in there quite a bit, but so far no problems.

Never did get the media baskets as the one I did seems to work OK.

Archived