Top Shelf Aquatics

Violinist's 20 Long - 3 Years!

violinist

Well mr coral has a free clam w/coral purchase deal. But no monti caps in stock. Also went to my favorite lfs this afternoon. No caps there either. Wtf.

Going to that frag swap next saturday, maybe see what's there.

In tank news - took a late night look at the tank last night. The torch had pulled itself in to its skeleton mostly. It has had two heads ever since I got it, but now the one head has pinched itself (for lack of a better description) and is four heads. I thought it was looking extremely fluffed out lately.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just took a look at Mr Coral site - looks like they are a little picked through - only two clams for the special and both Green Maxima. Thought you were looking for blue or gold.

Just took a look at Mr Coral site - looks like they are a little picked through - only two clams for the special and both Green Maxima. Thought you were looking for blue or gold.

That's just what's left, there were about 30 or so to start. I want the clam, but even for free I don't want to buy some coral at random just to get it.

dunno if you saw this already or if you're near streamwood, but this guy is selling some frags of green monti caps.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1800278

I didn't see it, thanks! There's a guy here on n-r down in schaumburg/itasca area who has orange cap frags.

I have a purple monti cap that is around 2" in diameter. I just have to dig it out in the back of my rocks. It fell a couple days ago. Let me know if you are interested and I'll try to get it out.

yea...i'm not too active on reef central but i do frequent the CMAS (chicagoland marine aquarium society) part of it because there's always somebody selling something.

here's the link

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdis...amp;forumid=180

I might take both colonies off that guy's hands.... He offered one hell of a deal. Depends on how huge they are, but worst case I'll get a frag off each Wednesday night. Woo!

what are the dimensions of the 20L in comparison with a 10g? Is it much taller or wider? I'm thinkin of picking up one of these for the residents of my QT (now an improv NPS tank)

I have always loved the look of a red monti cap growing out off of a rock face. It just looks awesome...

That is how I placed mine. Little did I know, it would become the favorite ledge to sit on and molt if you are a hermit crab. :angry:

Yeah I want diff colored monti's as ledges on the rock column in the hex. Should look cool.

Just got done playing email tag with Ecotech. I explained that my new mp10 is dead silent whereas my old mp10 has always whined as it spins up/down. No hassle at all, the guy is putting together an RMA to replace the dry side. Shoulda emailed a month ago.

Yeah I want diff colored monti's as ledges on the rock column in the hex. Should look cool.

Just got done playing email tag with Ecotech. I explained that my new mp10 is dead silent whereas my old mp10 has always whined as it spins up/down. No hassle at all, the guy is putting together an RMA to replace the dry side. Shoulda emailed a month ago.

Yet another reason to be jealous of the violin-er

Archived