SaltCritters.com

Violinist's 20 Long - 3 Years!

violinist

No. Lots of little worms living in there and they seem to keep things tidy. I did add some sand in at some point way back when after I tore down a different tank just to beef things up. My WC's are very fast assuming I'm not moving corals around. Water out, razor the front, water in. Usually done in under 10 minutes.

Hey buddy! Still running Giesemann's and I order from aquacave.com because they are close and I can pick things up instead of having them shipped. Same mix of bulbs as what's in post #1 too - never did change it up.

Thanks all for the nice comments!

Haha, nice! I kept trying to go over to LEDs, but never managed to switch out my t5s. I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How's your nano reef doing these days violinist? I'd love to see a new FTS!

Well folks I just thought I'd drop in to provide a proper end to the tale. As of an hour ago someone just drove off with the whole show in a bunch of buckets. We are getting ready to embark on a number of home improvements, some of which involve playing musical chairs with my office so the tank was about to become a big hassle. Short of ripping out large chunks of montipora that kept outgrowing the space, I hadn't really done anything with it in so long it was time to just move on for now.

With luck (and time), I'll finally get around to upgrading to a very large tank once the dust has settled.

Thanks to all who followed along in the past. Glad you enjoyed watching the tank grow out as much as I did.

V

2013-09-10%252022.09.29.jpg

• 1 year later...

Archived