Top Shelf Aquatics

Violinist's 20 Long - 3 Years!

violinist

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never actually put the ac70 on the tank, though I did eventually use it on the hex. I've just been running the skimmer on the 20L. It's not the nano, but it is an aquac remora. Skimmer performance on the long is certainly better than ac70 w/floss and chaeto on the hex as far as nitrate/phosphate readings. Louphoenix has me 90% convinced to buy that other skimmer for the hex. But I'm not sure I want to drop a bunch of dough on that tank.

I'd definitely look into getting a used MCE300 or 600, it will cut down on your cost significantly compared to buying a new one.

No pics but I did take a short video of feeding the inmates. Unfortunately youtube is broken, but I'll link it when I can.

What do you feed on a regular basis??? That looked like a combination of diffrent thisng. Oh and how often do you feed. I only feed my tank like every other day.

That's Rods Food - a mixture of various meaty bits and plant bits plus a healthy dose of fish crack! They get fed every other day.

I like the video!! You have all your pumps off don't you? The water surface looks still in the video. Is this something you do for feeding or just for the video?

Awesome vid.

I am gonna see about posting one tonight too. Perhaps during a rod's frenzy as well. See how Rosie takes it.....

The Murder Box is down a man...

That feeding video is our last look at the purple dottyback. Just found him on the floor next to the tank. I will miss his little vampire fangs and his tireless efforts at keeping the damsels beat down.

So it will be interesting to see who becomes the new king of the tank.

kennycs1292

R.I.P Purple Dottyback...

I hardly knew you, but i long to have known you just a bit more. You were a great fish, always purple in color, and you knew how to keep the riff raff in check. May your journey to the perfect nano reef in the sky be a peaceful one...

The Murder Box is down a man...

That feeding video is our last look at the purple dottyback. Just found him on the floor next to the tank. I will miss his little vampire fangs and his tireless efforts at keeping the damsels beat down.

So it will be interesting to see who becomes the new king of the tank.

:tears:

Dinosaur omgomgomg:P

How about another dottyback. OOo. What about a Pseaudochromis?

Well he was a purple pseudochromis. Come on animalmaster, live up to your name and give me some options!

Archived