Top Shelf Aquatics

Violinist's 20 Long - 3 Years!

violinist

I read 30 gallons, and to be honest I don't get real hung up over a 10 gallon difference. It seems pretty likely at this point that a much larger tank will get setup in the near future anyway.

I figure a fish that gets its dinner delivered on a regular basis and is in no danger of becoming someone else's dinner has found itself in a far better situation than the one it came from...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a NICE CLAM! oh wait - not one here either...

Love the sunburst! Glad to hear you gave the damsels a proper home.

:)

animalmaster6

Congrats!!!!!

Sunbursts are nano anthias.

Good luck with the hawk. They are awesome but I don't want one to go Godzilla on me.

^^^ :waiting to be sigged:

She says we need a big tank and I need to stop screwing around with tiny tanks lol.

I agree, then I can send you that foxface of mine. :)

Won't a hawk eat a harlequin shrimp? Or did it die?

Gotta keep some excitement in the tank ;) I don't think he will, but we shall see.

I agree, then I can send you that foxface of mine. :)

Heheh!

That's a NICE CLAM! oh wait - not one here either...

Haha, you clam junkies. There's no room in the long anymore for a clam. Maybe the hex but I think I'd rather throw all $$$ at replacing the hex for now. Actually I probably shouldn't even say that since I'm sure I'll keep buying crap along the way. But it sounds like a sensible plan at any rate.

^^^ :waiting to be sigged:

Thought you wanted a sig once your tank is up?

animalmaster6
Thought you wanted a sig once your tank is up?

No I'm waiting for that Godzilla statement to be sigged :lol: After I reread it it seems like it would be something I would find as a quote on someones sig :lol:

No I'm waiting for that Godzilla statement to be sigged :lol: After I reread it it seems like it would be something I would find as a quote on someones sig :lol:

It wasnt sig-worth IMO, sorry.

More pics!

The chalk basslet reminds me of a freshwater bass, how it hides under a ledge waiting for food to show up. I had just turned around and noticed he was actually up in the middle of the tank so I was able to get a couple shots. Unfortunately it appears that the blenny views the basslet as another blenny or something because he goes after it any time he sees it. Only safe spot for the basslet seems to be the back corner under the heater.

It's a very soft powder blue color:

bass.1.jpg

bass.2.jpg

Little guy needs to learn to share...

blenny.jpg

Dosing is paying off in a big way with the SPS. I can't get a good shot of the birdsnest, but it is growing even quicker than this digitata:

digi.jpg

I moved the frogspawn a little because of its probing tentacles, but it's still sending them dangerously close to the birdsnest. This picture is nothing, they extend 6-7 inches long.

frogspawn.jpg

Making babies...

baby.shroom.jpg

Love this guy:

anthia.jpg

Still alive if you can believe it...

wrasse.jpg

FTS

fts.jpg

Nice looking tank, hope that six line does well for you, I absolutely love mine. corals are doing better now that the four-stripe isn't there to pick on them?

Nice looking tank, hope that six line does well for you, I absolutely love mine. corals are doing better now that the four-stripe isn't there to pick on them?

Happy critters all around. Just wish I could arrive at some fixed amount of a/b to dose every day instead of having to keep testing. Don't understand how the depletion rate can vary, unless these api tests are just complete trash.

That's probably very possible buy salifert or elos and check against them. What's your mg at?Love the pics by the way. Since I'm lazy and don't feel like going through your thread what's ur bulb combo?

Archived