Pod Your Reef

Violinist's 20 Long - 3 Years!

violinist

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! Looks excellent. Great shots from the top down (I LIVE for those in my tank.....). Also, great choices on the new livestock.

I was half kidding when I said did you get stuff for the left side.....but I think it is AWESOME that you did! Well done....

My wife is a tough sell...rarely thinks tanks look "good." She saw yours and dug it. She liked the "minimalist" look rather than a huge rock wall....

Also loved the bright greens (torch, FS, trumpets, etc.).

Thought I would share her accolades.

New Frogspawn looks like it has yellow tips in the pic.

Are they really yellow?

The old one has yellow tips, the new one (pic of its mouth showing) has bright green tentacles and pink tips.

Thought I would share her accolades.

Tell her thanks :) My wife's comment was 'thought you said you weren't buying anything...' haha.

omgomgomg

Very sweet. Makes me wanna get a torch.

I like torches. I've been bugging the lfs to find some colorful ones like (forget the name) someone here has in their little bonsai looking tank.

Tried to get some top down shots. They suck, but it's an interesting view that hasn't been seen to date. These are all from before I re-scaped it today.

IMG_0284-Edit.jpg

The gross sponge in the skimmer box was from my quarantine tank. I thought I'd put it there to load it up with bacteria but it just gunked up so I threw it out. Also threw out the birdsnest that was slowly dieing after getting nuked.

IMG_0285-Edit.jpg

IMG_0286-Edit.jpg

So I guess left isle is now LPS/shroom land. This is the new scape, and hopefully the candycanes are out of striking distance. The old frogspawn is pretty po'd, I can only assume from having its victim taken out of stinger's reach.

IMG_0294-Edit.jpg

IMG_0289-Edit.jpg

IMG_0295-Edit.jpg

IMG_0296-Edit.jpg

Probably the best blenny snap I've ever taken:

IMG_0297-Edit.jpg

IMG_0298-Edit.jpg

IMG_0299-Edit-2.jpg

IMG_0300-Edit.jpg

New torch

IMG_0301-Edit.jpg

IMG_0304-Edit.jpg

New frogspawn starting to puff up

IMG_0282-Edit.jpg

just keeping them on the page.

Get one markushka!

My wife's comment was 'thought you said you weren't buying anything...' haha.

My wife recorded this, and just presses play every time I come back from the fish store, as she got sick of saying every day.

OClownsandNanos
The old one has yellow tips, the new one (pic of its mouth showing) has bright green tentacles and pink tips.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Weetie was asking you about your frogspawn and you are talking about your torches?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Weetie was asking you about your frogspawn and you are talking about your torches?

Oh, sorry. The pics should be pretty close to true color, but it's lights-out so I'll have to check tomorrow.

Nice additions. should be nice when they all fluff out and are flowing around over there.

Still like those blastos!

Oh also I'm waiting to get a quote back tomorrow on a 24x24x24 (60G) glass tank, reef-ready. Also a guy with a 6 day old skimmer is going to sell it to me for half off... I forget the brand, this is all very up in the air still but looks like it's going to happen sooner rather than later. This will be done by Executive Order, the usual democratic processes (aka wife input) will not apply.

Oh also I'm waiting to get a quote back tomorrow on a 24x24x24 (60G) glass tank, reef-ready. Also a guy with a 6 day old skimmer is going to sell it to me for half off... I forget the brand, this is all very up in the air still but looks like it's going to happen sooner rather than later. This will be done by Executive Order, the usual democratic processes (aka wife input) will not apply.

Ya!!! a 2ft cubed tank will be sweet!!! Is that going in place of the Hex right? Also, will the 60g be drilled? I know you don't have them, but I want details man!

You going to get yourself some tang now? :naughtydance:

Thanks guys!

SoCal yeah it will be reef ready so overflow installed, drilled, etc. All depends on cost, I was given a ballpark of 'around 200 bucks' so we'll see. Would still have to buy or make (haha) a stand and figure out which way to go on a sump - either a rubbermaid tub or another tank.

tundrashaul

Great pics. I want a blenny so bad and my fiance really likes yours, ive probably missed it but what kind is he, he is beautiful. thanks V again beautiful pics.

He's a fat, punky Blenny.

Only pic I found that was a close match said Sailfin Blenny. Sticker on the tank where I bought him said Eyelash Blenny.

I lold at that last part :) should be a very nice looking tank. are you gonna go no coralline in this one too? any plans?

OClownsandNanos

If you're going to go rimless 60 cube, you don't really wanna do ghetto rubbermaid sump do you? Dunno, it kind of offends the sensibilities a little bit. You know what would be awesome - a display fuge under the cube with custom stand!

(Edited to add: Violinist, I am 100% ready to live vicariously through your build. Bring it on! :) )

Ok so the Demonic Frogspawn melted a third of a head off the new torch while I was out today. Torch has been relocated... So much for these things being able to stand each other.

Archived