inTank Media Baskets

Violinist's 20 Long - 3 Years!

violinist

i have watched and watch my frogspawn, torch and hammer. still havent seen sweepers

I'll get a decent video camera and take a video off this thing when it is in murder-mode. Insane reach.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have watched and watch my frogspawn, torch and hammer. still havent seen sweepers

I never see sweepers on my frogspawn. The hammer, however, is in dominate and destroy mode all the time. 3" sweeper is almost always out.

If you weren't going for a bigger tank I would vote to get rid of the fspawn. For me it's a favia that puts out 3-5" sweepers.

I never see sweepers on my frogspawn. The hammer, however, is in dominate and destroy mode all the time. 3" sweeper is almost always out.

idk its weird i just hope they stay this way and dont extend their sweepers so far so good

strange even when mine have put out sweepers they've like tag teamed. never seen the fsp, hammer or torch do anything to each other.

you need to talk to that ninja of yours and get them to behave.

The two FS next to each other are ok. The torch got zapped bad. I basically just grabbed the torch and plopped it down in the middle of the sandbed because I don't have time to screw around with it. It's in higher flow now and it has a 5 inch tentacle of its own extended now flickering around the zoas... I swear they can sense prey.

tundrashaul
He's a fat, punky Blenny.

Only pic I found that was a close match said Sailfin Blenny. Sticker on the tank where I bought him said Eyelash Blenny.

Thanks, He definately looks like he hasnt missed any meals :lol:

OClownsandNanos

Sorry to hear about the euphyllia warfare. :( Read about the possibility of it on Weetie's thread (and was surprised) but it sounds like it's hard to tell whether or not it'll happen until it does. Hope the torch heals quickly for you!

Sorry to hear about the euphyllia warfare.

Keeps things interesting, still a bit of murder left in the murder box I guess. My anthia is hiding in the hole left from where I pulled the torch. Not sure what's up with that fish. I never really see it eat, but it doesn't appear to be getting skinny. Wonder if it's getting ready to kick.

Mine hasn't seem to have stung anything at all. Yours definitely looks different though. They are one of my favorite corals by far.

Mine hasn't seem to have stung anything at all. Yours definitely looks different though. They are one of my favorite corals by far.

My other torch, the one with stubby fat tentacles never sends out stingers.

I'm neck deep in a @#!%!@ powerpoint presentation I've been slacking on for a class I'm running tomorrow, but I'll take some pics tomorrow evening.

Keeps things interesting, still a bit of murder left in the murder box I guess. My anthia is hiding in the hole left from where I pulled the torch. Not sure what's up with that fish. I never really see it eat, but it doesn't appear to be getting skinny. Wonder if it's getting ready to kick.

haha, guess you cant ever take all the murder outta the murder box. good luck with all your coral, you should be able to work it out, if not there's the hex still right? or you could just send some my way ;)

I'm thinking of using the hex for experimentation while waiting for the ich to die out. Things like 'will a fire shrimp and a coral banded get along' or other things like that. See for myself what happens.

Hmm sound interesting, guess it's gonna become a colosseum then.

I was planning some experiments myself, but they were along the lines of using phyto to remove nitrate & phosphate from 'spent' water and then adding lost elements and recycling it.

Meant to ask you - do you use night mode on the MP10 or just let it reef crest 24 hours?

Do the fish and corals appreciate a little less flow?

You could have a mantis shrimp in there to fight things and call the tank "The Octagon"

Oh my God, I'm totally doing that. :D

Huge UFC fan.

Meant to ask you - do you use night mode on the MP10 or just let it reef crest 24 hours?

Do the fish and corals appreciate a little less flow?

I've done both. Right now it goes to night mode at lights out. I don't think anything cares. The fish all dive for caves when the lights go out anyway.

Someone's been ripping up the fins on the anthias. I'm so sick of fish.

Anyway here is a snap of the torch looking for something to kill

IMG_0013-Edit.jpg

Sorry to hear that....hopefully the Anthias toughens up!

Anyways....WTH? I get all kinds of crap for not posting pics, then I post 13 and get no responses.....

Nobody loves me :tears:

That torch has a LONG reach - I am trying something with mine. I have put it closer to the MP10 so that it does not get blasted with the flow (it is going over it) but it gets flow from the MP10 bringing water in. The frog still puffs up, but I have not seen it "reaching" since I put it there.

Yeah that's the return path of the current where it's at in that picture. I'm not sure where I'm going to put it this weekend when I wc the tank. Right now I just plopped it there in the sand thinking it would be out of harm's reach, but that tentacle has been touching all sorts of zoas. None of them seem to be dying from it tho.

Archived