inTank Media Baskets

Violinist's 20 Long - 3 Years!

violinist

dirtwheelsfl
You don't need to add equal parts. What brand are you dosing? The brightwell bottles say on the back (which confirms what I read) that adding different amounts of a and b is common.

Your new tank is absolutely sick btw!

You have loads more sps than me - how much are you having to dose every day?

probably be around 12ml of each per day, still figuring it out. it was nice just doing water changes when they were just frags. they really seem to like the dosing though...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A 5g bucket of brightwell neomarine saltwater, 1.026 @ 80F mixing for 18 hours is calc 400 alk 8. Will dose 20m A and 7.5m B and test for 460/11.

Well close. 500/12. Must only be around 4.25-4.5g when I fill the bucket up to the line inside.

Did some rearranging. Moved the torch to save the zoas next to it. Moved the birdsnest to save it from the frogspawn. Good spot too, much better flow on it. I'll post a pic later, the side that was by the frogspawn is really brutalized.

The worm made it hard to get a full shot of the birdsnest, but you can see a bit on the left where the frogspawn nuked it. Quite a bit of the left side is blasted like that.

IMG_0251-Edit.jpg

IMG_0252-Edit.jpg

IMG_0253-Edit.jpg

IMG_0255-Edit.jpg

IMG_0257-Edit.jpg

When I got this kenya frag, it was two little stumpy branches.

IMG_0260-Edit.jpg

These purple zoas have almost grown all the way down the rock to the sand, as well as to the sides. go go zoa garden!

IMG_0261-Edit.jpg

IMG_0262-Edit.jpg

IMG_0263-Edit.jpg

Nubs, nubs and more nubs of new growth.

IMG_0264-Edit.jpg

IMG_0265-Edit.jpg

IMG_0266-Edit.jpg

IMG_0267-Edit.jpg

IMG_0268-Edit.jpg

IMG_0269-Edit.jpg

The worm on top, it's tube goes all the way down to the sand and lays on it for a few inches. Probably 12-14 inches long. Crazy.

IMG_0270-Edit.jpg

Evil, evil frogspawn.

IMG_0271-Edit.jpg

IMG_0272-Edit.jpg

One of the hawks preferred perches there in the back corner

IMG_0273-Edit.jpg

IMG_0274-Edit.jpg

IMG_0276-Edit.jpg

Thought I took a straight FTS but apparently not, so stitch some of those together in your head ;)

dear lord, man!

your keddredds are amazingly healthy!

The rest of the tank isn't too shabby either.

Thanks! Not sure which are keds reds but I'll guess the solid red ones lol. Don't know the names of any of them.

All the zoas get hammered with flow, don't believe the hype about them liking low flow.

Turn the knob to Manual and then tear it off! :P

Really that's about 90% of it since the camera's brain isn't really up to the task of dealing with most fish tank lighting. Turn your pumps off so there's no water movement and you can use a lower shutter speed and smaller aperture, break out the tripod if needed. That's about it.

Did you make it over to MCF for the SPS sale? I'll probably be picking up something (if there is anything left!)

Sorry about all the fish troubles you have been having. It really sucks to have losses like you have had over the last couple weeks.

The fish problems are mostly in the hex-o-death. This tank still makes me smile.

Never did make it over there. I almost went yesterday to buy one of those hqi bc 29's and replace the hex with it, but talked myself out of the impulse buy.

Love the pictures. Great white-balance as well.....I have never been fond of the over-bearing blue that most people seem to prefer....Looks rad!

Mr. Microscope

Sorry to hear about your losses. Nice save on your corals with the rearrangement though. Hopefully, nothing will get stung anymore.

Got lucky. It's a fight for space with the shrooms, rics and yumas. From one day to the next someone new is on top of the pile.

Tweezer'd out the mongo HH crab last night.

Big feather duster worm blew off its crown this afternoon at some point. Wonder who was messing with it. My guess is the blenny, just because he's a punk.

Archived