Coral Vue Hydros

Violinist's 20 Long - 3 Years!

violinist

Here we go:

feeding.movie.jpg

Very cool vid, missed it before, this thread moves so fast! nice choice of music too :) those guys sure love what your feeding. Do you spot feed the coral? its all looking so nice, especially with the cool panning shot at the beginning.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know, I wish you could sticky posts within your own thread.

I've been lazy on feeding the corals lately, got tired of trying to beat the blenny away from them. He will not stop eating. Ever. I think I could feed him until he ruptured his fat gut, and he'd still try and eat some more.

I know, I wish you could sticky posts within your own thread.

I've been lazy on feeding the corals lately, got tired of trying to beat the blenny away from them. He will not stop eating. Ever. I think I could feed him until he ruptured his fat gut, and he'd still try and eat some more.

I have the same problem with my tank. the damsels in there are vicious. thats why I pulled all my nps form there. How often are feedings?

Every other day. There's a lot of bugs that float around the tank at night and the candycanes keep popping new heads so I assume they are getting some munchies at night.

Every other day. There's a lot of bugs that float around the tank at night and the candycanes keep popping new heads so I assume they are getting some munchies at night.

copepods? That's awesome!

animalmaster6
Well he was a purple pseudochromis. Come on animalmaster, live up to your name and give me some options!

Alright. I shall:

- Arabian Pseaudochromis

- Springeri Pseaudochromis

- Bicolor Dottyback

- Fridmani Pseaudochromis

- Diadern Pseaudochromis

- Neon Pseaudochromis

- Splendid Pseaudochromis

:D

I would be careful with the bicolor psuedos as they will attack smaller shrimp from what I have heard and read.

I think that you should add a pair of maroons for 20L or take a crack at another 6line or 4line wrasse? If you see one around, I would recommend the Yellow Candy Hog. I think mine is totally awesome.

c380/a8, +20ml A

Yeah I thought about trying yet another 6 line but I don't know... I keep reading how aggressive they can be but neither of the two I've (very briefly) owned were aggressive at all and I'm afraid the damsel gang would rip them to shreds in short order.

That hogfish pretty tough?

I love my 6-line favorite fish in my hex but he certainly does not keep the damsels in order. he just sorta cruises around minding his own business. my damsles go at him every once in a while but he stands his ground usually, doesn't let himself be beat up.

I have a maroon too, she's definitely the queen of the tank. she's also bigger than all but the foxface, so that helps. keeps everyone in line. but a pretty dumb fish IMO. Pairing maroons is quite trick from what I read, they don't like submitting and being the male. A pair of maroon and gold would be cool.

Really liked the purple pseudochromis in your tank, you should get another, hopefully it won't jump again.

animalmaster6

If you take them out- Let me know. I'll come up with a peaceful and cool list.

If you stay aggressive- Those Pseaudos and Dottybacks will not take crap from the damsels, if the damsels attack them they will beat the crap out of them. I like hogfish. I think the damsels would bother them though. And hogfish aren't reef safe I thought?

And hogfish aren't reef safe I thought?

We live on the edge, animalmaster. ON THE EDGE. 'Reef safe' are two words that carry no weight here!

But in case I wanted to slowly back away from the edge, what are your thoughts on a sunshine-and-flowers crew of fish?

animalmaster6

:lol: I try not to live On the Ledge. Don't like animals dying.

Ummm. What do you mean by a sunshine-and-flowers crew of fish?

We live on the edge, animalmaster. ON THE EDGE. 'Reef safe' are two words that carry no weight here!

But in case I wanted to slowly back away from the edge, what are your thoughts on a sunshine-and-flowers crew of fish?

I lol'd

I sorta want to go sunshine-and-flowers myself, tired of all the bickering.

Banggais are always cool IMO.

could also just trade the damsels in for some peacenik fish at the LFS.

Hmm maybe someone can explain the voodoo to me

380 calc, 8 alk

I added 20ml of reef code A which should bring the calcium up by 32ppm in my tank.

I tested again a couple hours later and sure enough calc is 420, so the math is more or less correct (per the bottle instructions of 1ml=16ppm increase per gallon).

So I thought ok I will now dose alk up 2 points but just for grins I tested it again first, thinking after the calcium dose it might have dropped even more. But no, it magically increased from 8 to 10 on its own.

I thought calcium and alk had an inverse relationship?

Maybe your first test of eight was incorrect. Raising ca won't raise alk. So I'm nit sure what to say other than a bad test the first time

Happy fish. Peaceful fish. The opposite of the current MURDER BOX crew of fish lol.

:lol:

hmm, so that's not a problem. How's your PH?

PH was 8.3 last I checked it (which was not today).

What time do you dose? Does it matter? I know ph swings throughout the day, but I don't remember reading that alk levels do. Do they?

Archived