inTank Media Baskets

Violinist's 20 Long - 3 Years!

violinist

how often do you feed your harlequin? and what lfs do you get his food from?

(looking at your pics makes me want one!)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how often do you feed your harlequin? and what lfs do you get his food from?

(looking at your pics makes me want one!)

Think hard about getting one because as cool as they look and as sadistically pleasurable it is to watch them munch, in the end that is the extent of the experience...

I feed this one every couple of weeks. Midwest Coral Farm carries the chocolate chip stars pretty much all the time. They stock a fair number of the shrimp too.

Think hard about getting one because as cool as they look and as sadistically pleasurable it is to watch them munch, in the end that is the extent of the experience...

I feed this one every couple of weeks. Midwest Coral Farm carries the chocolate chip stars pretty much all the time. They stock a fair number of the shrimp too.

now you reply! i already bought one as you already know....too late now :angry:

j/k

i had a ball python for a couple years and have a nile monitor now. looking cool and enjoyable meal times is all they have going for them and i love it.

Dusted off the api...

sg: 1.026

ph: 8.3

am: 0

trite: 0

trate: 0

phos: 0

alk: 7

calc: 380

mag: 1200 (elos)

Dosed 10ml of reef code B and checked again about 5 hours later. Alk = 8.

Sick of the low alk, and alk of 7 is a bit of wishful thinking to be honest. It was somewhere between 6 and 7.

Calcium is low but it's also about a day and a half from WC so I can maybe live with that.

Going to get this figured out.

how do you have 0 nitrates? no fair.

Non-stop skimming, feed every other day and 30% WC's every week.

On the hex, there is no skimmer but same feeding and same WC schedule. I'll test nitrates in that tank this evening and we can see if there's a big difference. Only mechanical on the hex is an ac70 with a wad of chaeto in it.

Alk is now 9-9.5. This is in line with the dosing instructions (1ml/gal = +2.2 alk). And from one day to the next the alk dropped by 1. So I should be able to dose up to where I want to be, then +10ml of B a day to keep it there. Will give it a few more days to make sure that holds true.

Probably fooling myself, but could swear I'm already seeing the return of coraline growth on the skimmer box and back wall.

Then calcium...

How is the API calcium test kit (I assume that's what you use?) I need to start dosing calcium soon I suspect and need to get a test kit to confirm this.

PS- You got my sig? :)

How is the API calcium test kit (I assume that's what you use?) I need to start dosing calcium soon I suspect and need to get a test kit to confirm this.

PS- You got my sig? :)

It's the only one I've ever used (the API) so I have nothing to compare it to. It's easy enough to do the test, if a bit of a pain in the ass. I also have to rein in my wandering thoughts or I forget how many drops I've added...

I was just thinking about your sig - sorry it just slipped my mind, I have no good excuse! I have a bunch of pics to edit for this thread and I'll do your sig as well.

Did you say you were doing my sig also lol. I did finally take pics I have them on ohitbucket just need to put them on my tank thread. I got as close as I could get to the corals while zoomingwitjout making them blury and the pics still aren't the greatest. I'll get them up tomorrow and let everyone see. I keep my alk at 9 and my ca at 430 I'm dosing 2.5 of bionic a day will test my levels again in a week ro see if I'm adding toouch or too little

It's the only one I've ever used (the API) so I have nothing to compare it to. It's easy enough to do the test, if a bit of a pain in the ass. I also have to rein in my wandering thoughts or I forget how many drops I've added...

heh, i have the same test. it always ends up being a big pink mess.

great new pics by the way.

man, that blenny is cooler than I fist thought! So want to get one now but i'm overstocked as is <_<. bloody damsels.

Well it only means another tank :rolleyes:....

What camera do you have again?

Canon 5D ftw!

man, that blenny is cooler than I fist thought! So want to get one now but i'm overstocked as is <_<. bloody damsels.

Well it only means another tank :rolleyes:....

Hahaha. Send the damsels sewer surfing. He's a really cool fish.

great new pics by the way.

Thanks!

Man I love the pics!! I guess the reason you can get so close to the corals is because of the lens on your camera? What kind of blenny is that start nights?

It's a 100mm macro lens. Some of the shrooms and zoas are close enough to the front pane that I can get about an inch from the glass and still focus on them.

The blenny was tagged as an Eyelash Blenny at the lfs. You can't really see all the sexy blue lines until the actinics are on and you are looking closely at him (or staring at a closeup picture). When he's cruising around wrecking the sandbed he's looks like a mishmash of dark and light grays.

ender wiggin

phenomenal pics! Man, i just got a canon rebel xsi and I can't wait to get a 100mm macro lens and get some pictures..i guess I need to get my tank up and running first too..hm...until then I'll just look at your pictures! love it!

Archived