Coral Vue Hydros

Violinist's 20 Long - 3 Years!

violinist

animalmaster6
Canon 5D. I've had it for a long time now, I imagine they can be had for significantly less money these days. Usually I'm lazy and just shoot jpegs for posting here, but for these I worked the raws in lightroom and then resized and saved to jpeg in photoshop.

Most FTS are shot with 16-35L lens. All macros are with the generic canon 100mm macro. This FTS with the 50mm just because it was sitting there. If things are moving around, shots are at iso3200. If things aren't moving around, shots are at iso800. Macros are tripod mount, slow shutter, small aperture, lowest iso possible to still get the shot.

Thanks! I am really considering this for the 125G! I really like it! A lot! haha

How much were the lenses? Expensive?

Are pics easy to upload to photobucket?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use picasa for nano-reef pictures. Yes, very easy to upload and then just link to them.

Lenses run the gamut as far as $$$. The macro lens was 400 bucks I think, maybe a little more. The 16-35 was somewhere around 1500 bucks. Have some that cost less, have a few that cost more. It's probably the one hobby that could make reef-keeping look cheap if you really get into the equipment side of it.

soooooooo NICE!

Thanks!

animalmaster6
I use picasa for nano-reef pictures. Yes, very easy to upload and then just link to them.

Lenses run the gamut as far as $$$. The macro lens was 400 bucks I think, maybe a little more. The 16-35 was somewhere around 1500 bucks. Have some that cost less, have a few that cost more. It's probably the one hobby that could make reef-keeping look cheap if you really get into the equipment side of it.

I have the Canon Powershot 1100is and I haven't tried it out yet. Got it for Christmas. Do you know much about it? Is it good for the 125G?

I'm sure it will be fine. I don't know the details of that particular camera, but if it offers a Manual mode I'd suggest you become intimately familiar with it. Left to their own auto decision making, point and shoots often have a rough time dealing with situations like aquarium lighting.

animalmaster6
I'm sure it will be fine. I don't know the details of that particular camera, but if it offers a Manual mode I'd suggest you become intimately familiar with it. Left to their own auto decision making, point and shoots often have a rough time dealing with situations like aquarium lighting.

I currently have a point and shoot.

The new camera looks to be a manual. It has a lot of differen t settings and things like that.

Cool. Learn them and start practicing with them so setting shutter speed/aperture/iso becomes second nature under your fingers. That way when 'the shot' is sitting in front of you, you aren't looking at the camera fumbling with the controls while it swims away.

Btw this blenny is apparently perturbed that I flattened out all the sand lol. I'm sitting in front of the tank watching explosion after explosion of sand appear. He does this mad tail wiggle thing and BOOM big cloud of white.

animalmaster6
Cool. Learn them and start practicing with them so setting shutter speed/aperture/iso becomes second nature under your fingers. That way when 'the shot' is sitting in front of you, you aren't looking at the camera fumbling with the controls while it swims away.

Thanks I will try to find out how to work it soon:)

Btw this blenny is apparently perturbed that I flattened out all the sand lol. I'm sitting in front of the tank watching explosion after explosion of sand appear. He does this mad tail wiggle thing and BOOM big cloud of white.

:lol:

Gotta love blennies :lol:

the blenny I have does the same thing too... When I smooth out the sand, you can see him hiding under the rock watching - he's probably thinking S**t, now I gotta fix it - stupid human...

Lol! He's also carved caves out beneath all the rocks. I'm so glad I have everything pushed down to the glass. Plus I like how he comes up to the glass when he sees me, and sort of sits there upright like he's waiting for me to toss him a treat.

That is funny - sounds like blennys have similar personalities as mine does it too - I almost have him eating out of my hand... I put in some algae and hold it, he has gotten close - just not ready to take it yet.

been reading your thread and noticed that you frequent midwest corals. how is it over there? i still haven't had a chance to visit. prices good?

Best LFS in the area - selection, prices and staff. I'm probably going to swing by there tomorrow since I need to go down to deerfield in the afternoon. See a guy with buzzed hair, a goatee and a black leather coat that's me :)

Best LFS in the area - selection, prices and staff. I'm probably going to swing by there tomorrow since I need to go down to deerfield in the afternoon. See a guy with buzzed hair, a goatee and a black leather coat that's me :)

oh yea...deerfield. i forgot that it was like a 45 min drive from me. but sounds like it's worth the trip. thanks for the tip.

Heh yeah I had just dumped a dozen margaritas in the tank before I took that shot. Snail orgy.

Just saw a crab walking around with a new margarita shell on his back. Margs are good algae eaters but can't right themselves so...

Yeah, its pretty annoying to have to keep flipping margs over all the time....oh well

My LFS just picked up a big order of Bumblebees, so I will see how a couple of those do with sand-work. He is also holding on to a Tail Spot Blenny for me. I am excited.

Hey have you decided on that clam yet? #2 seems pretty nice if you want a gold one. #21 and 30 are pretty cool too if you want blue. There was a nice one yesterday but someone already got it. I thought about it but they didn't have much that I really wanted as far as corals go. I'm like in clam mode right now and not really thinking about corals. Haha.

An absolutely stunning tank! You're not too shabby with photography either. It's inspiration in a box! Great job.....pardon me while I whipe that bead of drewl coming down my cheek.

Go ahead take the plunge and buy you a clam. Hey how do you add a subtitle to your thread title like you did saying you had a udapte on pg 25?

Go the the first post in your thread and hit Edit, then you can change that.

An absolutely stunning tank! You're not too shabby with photography either. It's inspiration in a box! Great job.....pardon me while I whipe that bead of drewl coming down my cheek.

Thanks!!

Hey have you decided on that clam yet?

Still undecided. The only coral I want, he doesn't have in stock. So I'm looking through the rest of his inventory to see if there's anything else I can talk myself into...

Archived