Innovative Marine Aquariums

Violinist's 20 Long - 3 Years!

violinist

great lookin tank! love the two island look. i got that going in my 10 gal. your tank makes me wish i had a 20L.... so many more possiblilities!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
callmesaul8889

k man.. i love ur tank.. but for some reason i get like 3-6 emails after i look at your thread in between viewings. i know it's not your fault, but stop being so popular! lol

for some reason i get like 3-6 emails after i look at your thread in between viewings

Lol, set the subscription to not email you! I have so many threads tracked I'm waiting for the subscription page to go blank when I check to see what people have been up to.

I'm happy people follow and chime in, all the input/comments/feedback is great and appreciated!

At this point I can't tell if there's still calc precipitating out of the water or if the blenny is just kicking up so much crap into the water column. He has completely reworked the floor of the tank lol. Hilarious fish, excellent addition. Even comes up to the front glass when I'm looking in and sits like a dog waiting for a treat.

Also seems to make a game of doing this torpedo thing at snails and knocking them upside down.

callmesaul8889
Lol, set the subscription to not email you! I have so many threads tracked I'm waiting for the subscription page to go blank when I check to see what people have been up to.

I'm happy people follow and chime in, all the input/comments/feedback is great and appreciated!

haha i still want email updates for when you have new activity, but it's supposed to not email you again until you visit the page right?

Cool video.....

I have been following your tank for awhile now. Your aquascape inspired me to try the two island approach in my 20H.

Beautiful tank. Sorry about the Xenia, I learned that lesson years ago. Even my wife says "I hate that stuff....it grows EVERYWHERE!"

Actually every time I sit down and think about killing a half hour making a sig, I plan to make two image with the hex on one and the long on the other. I think I can put them in the sig so they look like one image, but clicking either side will go to either thread.

Then I just dick around with the banner and forget my original plan lol.

My candy cane already seems to have healed over the spot the blenny took a bite from. Is that even possible? How come they don't normally grow so fast lol.

Want a picture for your sig, let me know. I've made them for other people, it's just something I find a fun diversion.

haha, that be nice, if you find it fun.

say when can you take that foxface off my hands? he's much bigger than I remembered him being. :)

good to hear about your candycane, my acro however wasn't so lucky, the urchin went back for more and the whole frag's now white :tears: so he's in the QT with my mandarin and banggais :closedeyes:

Dunno man. I've been looking at some large rimless cubes, but as usual it comes down to finding a place in the house for one. If it were just me, I'd throw out a table or something and the tank would be filled and lit by dinner time. But, it's not just me...

Realistically, probably mid to late summer I could take that fish but if you found someone before then or just wanted to trade it to the lfs that's cool.

Dunno man. I've been looking at some large rimless cubes, but as usual it comes down to finding a place in the house for one. If it were just me, I'd throw out a table or something and the tank would be filled and lit by dinner time. But, it's not just me...

Realistically, probably mid to late summer I could take that fish but if you found someone before then or just wanted to trade it to the lfs that's cool.

Haha lol. No prob, I can wait, i'm gonna have to start feeding nori though cause it ate most all the algae in the tank already.

I wouldn't trade it to either of my LFS because neither will give me anything for it. why do I support them with my business?

just went through the last couple pages of your thread here and wow. you have some amazing stuff. next time you frag some of those zoas be sure to let me know! great stuff. also that blenny is straight up badass

26 seconds in - blenny goes nuts and makes a huge smoke explosion

1m 31s - harlequin shrimp preening itself

2m 14s - more blenny

5m 55s - upside down blenny action

click for video

Amazing video! Love it.

Archived