inTank Media Baskets

Violinist's 20 Long - 3 Years!

violinist

OClownsandNanos

VIolinist, your tank looks more amazing every time you update your thread! Love your new frags and your feather dusters and wish I was ready for SPS. BTW, I saw this awesome FHI Blue Xenia at my LFS over a week ago - pulsing and everything and so nice and compact and just a captivating color - and I've been thinking about it ever since, smacking myself for not getting it . . . you're gonna tell me I'm nuts, aren't you? :D

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heheh, just stick it on a rock and surround it with a lot of empty space so it stays on that rock. I like the pulsing kind, but this stuff didn't even pulse. Just grew all over the place.

What a cool little blenny! Your tank is looking great man. I just picked up some xenia today; I don't think I would keep it either if it didn't pulse. Hopefully it will stay on the lone rock I put it next too.

He is quickly becoming the star of the 20L, great little fish with lots of personality. He's already roaming around the tank and checking out all the caves. Plus bonus (maybe) he seems to like kicking up sand all over the place. Every time I see him laying somewhere and he's ready to move, he does this big shake, almost like spinning his wheels lol, and off he goes.

I just cut off a leg from the starfish in the hex and tossed it to the harlequin. Nom, nom, nom. Got a little video of it I won't bore you with. I hate this kodak piece of #### video cam.

Almost bought a lionfish the other day :) he was a little bugger, bout 3 inches long, but they wanted 50 for it, so no. A blenny would be a cool addition, now you've got me thinking. I saw a bluespot jawfish but he was 130... I've gotta stop liking all the expensive fish :)

I passed on a jawfish, but they had two beautiful specimens. I don't have a top on the tank, and they stressed that they will jump out at the first opportunity.

animalmaster6
I passed on a jawfish, but they had two beautiful specimens. I don't have a top on the tank, and they stressed that they will jump out at the first opportunity.

:(

Good call though :)

I just noticed that your 20 Hex is going to pass my thread up in comments very quickly. Nice job lol.

The new fish is cool. I have not seen one of those on any websites before. Does it eat algae at all?

Supposedly, according to the usual sources of disinformation and expertise... I tossed Rod's Food in and he grabbed his fair share of meat chunks that's for sure.

Hey Violinist,

How is that JBJ/Aqualifter top off system working for you? I've got a 29 Biocube, and would love to have some kind of reliable top off system. I'm inexperienced and a little confused with ATOs (esp for such a small tank), which is why I nearly teared up when I saw your system - seems simple, and relatively inexpensive. How wild are you salinity shifts? Has your JBJ had any brain farts or anything? Any missed assignments with the refills? Or, the opposite... any flooding?

Love the tank, btw.

My only complaint is having to look at the ugly float switch in the display, but in the cube I think you can mod your way around that eyesore.

Other than that, no complaints at all. If there are salinity shifts, they are not measurable with my refractometer. The float switch is sensitive enough to react to a very slight drop in water level, and does so. I left the unit with the default safety timeout (a couple minutes) so when the occasional snail decides to go for a ride on the float switch, the unit runs until the timeout expires and then fails itself - no floods.

Archived