ReefCleaners.org

Violinist's 20 Long - 3 Years!

violinist

48 hours after wc. Ca was 460, Alk was 7 a couple hrs after the WC.

sg:          1.025mag (elos):  1200alk:         6ca:          360ph:          8.3phosphate:   0nitrate:     0

I dosed 3/4 the recommended of kent a/b. If there is a preferred a/b, let me know it and I can pick it up this afternoon. Ionic?

The blenny was partying overnight. My sandbed is a bunch of dunes and valleys now lol.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My only complaint is having to look at the ugly float switch in the display, but in the cube I think you can mod your way around that eyesore.

Other than that, no complaints at all. If there are salinity shifts, they are not measurable with my refractometer. The float switch is sensitive enough to react to a very slight drop in water level, and does so. I left the unit with the default safety timeout (a couple minutes) so when the occasional snail decides to go for a ride on the float switch, the unit runs until the timeout expires and then fails itself - no floods.

Great, thanks for the info! I'll definitely look into that.

Well apparently I screwed up my first attempt at dosing. The water is cloudy. Got a 30% wc mixing/coming up to temp right now.

Kent a/b is in the trash, got some of the brightwell a/b - which has directions a little more involved than x drops per gallon.

Everything seems ok, open, swimming, etc.

Did a 5g wc just to feel better. PH is still at 8.3, so according to the reefkeeper article on what to do if you stupidly overdose your tank I don't have anything to worry about.

I moved the 4 stripe from the hex to this tank. Let the games begin!

My fav fish in the 20L is defintely the blenny...

blenny.jpg

Tank is all cleared up now. Will have to test later, but everything is looking ok. Guess that was my freebie, hopefully next time won't be a nuke :blink: Lots of math to do with the brightwell a/b.

Tank is all cleared up now. Will have to test later, but everything is looking ok. Guess that was my freebie, hopefully next time won't be a nuke :blink: Lots of math to do with the brightwell a/b.

I am scare to dose calcium in my tank, even though with the clam, SPS and LPS probably need it. I need to pick up a Calc test kit.

You will get the dosing thing under control. O, btw, get a clam! :)

Man right now I wouldn't even be able to keep a clam! I'm afraid of the dosing too. I need to, that much is obvious, but what a quick way to nuke your box if you screw it up.

I'm thinking of yanking those mermaid algae, they are calciferous, and maybe I can continue to squeak by on water changes alone... I don't want them in the hex though, so it would be a waste.

Probably just need to man up and get the dosing worked out.

Thanks! I was going to try and take a decent video this evening but apparently the overdose hasn't sorted itself out yet. The water clouded up a bit this afternoon.

It's taken me 4 days to read you thread, between yoga, hosting a dinner party, work and more yoga, I'm now up-to-date on you fabulous 20 Long! Sublime tank, aesthetically pleasing, I agree, TOTM!

I'm a big Blenny fan as well, we have a midas blenny and an algae eating blenny in our 112 shallow reef, everyone who visits loves them, they're such characters.

Great work, kudos!

Whoah, the whole thing lol. Thanks!

The blenny is the coolest fish, but boy he sure does make a mess of things. My ric roc has been shoved up to the glass and all my sand is arranged in large dunes now. I imagine he thinks things look better haha. Definitely a character!

Any FTS? I love your harlequin :wub:

The tank is sort of crappy looking right now with all the #### blowing around from the calc overdose... I did shoot some video just because I'm a geek like that. So while I'm watching Lost I'll try and hack up a little video but again, lots of junk blowing around in the water.

Got some good clips of the blenny and the shrimp tho, so stay tuned!

Archived