ReefCleaners.org

Violinist's 20 Long - 3 Years!

violinist

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got home after a client wine & dine followed by a trip to the guy's house to buy the monti caps.

He lives a mile from a reef store in the same area, so I hit that on the way back out. From the guy I got a large 6" frag of his Leng Sy monti and a couple smaller frags as well. He also threw in a 4 or 5 head blue trumpets. 30 bucks total. His other monti was encrusting which a) I don't want and B) I would have had to take a huge piece of LR that it was growing over. He's tearing down a 180 and moving what he's not selling into a 90 gallon rimless cube. Frigging awesome tank.

From the reef store I picked up a 6 inch frag of red cap.

All caps are chilling in the hex, unmounted. I put one of the little leng sy frags in the 20L as well as the trumpets.

Which goes about 1 inch towards making up for this ####:

bnest.1.jpg

and the brazen sonofa##### still sitting there munching away on it

bnest.2.jpg

Frags - good

damsel - bad

sorry to hear about the frag and your back... You could always clip a piece off and put it on a fishing hook and see what you get...

Sweet silence! The replacement mp10 dry side showed up this morning. Figured I would install it before the dope wore off and I couldn't bend my back again. So nice to have a silent pump on the long!

Removed the purple birdsnest. :(

Placed the cap and trumpet frags :)

Pics later when things open up. Think it might take the trumpets a bit to get happy. The guy had half the halides over his tank shut off so they were sitting in the shadows for a few days.

This is the smallest of the leng sy frags I bought off the RC guy. Thought I'd add it to the long and see how the frags grow under MH (hex) and T5 (20L).

leng.sy.jpg

The candycanes he threw in for free. Hopefully they color up quickly now that they are getting some light again. He had some of the same in his rimless that were a nice vibrant blue.

trumpets.jpg

The battle continues:

harl.star.jpg

This is the smallest of the leng sy frags I bought off the RC guy. Thought I'd add it to the long and see how the frags grow under MH (hex) and T5 (20L).

leng.sy.jpg

The candycanes he threw in for free. Hopefully they color up quickly now that they are getting some light again. He had some of the same in his rimless that were a nice vibrant blue.

trumpets.jpg

The battle continues:

harl.star.jpg

Woahhh...... WTF is going on in that last pic?

That's the harlequin shrimp chowing down on a chocolate chip starfish. It's cool to watch such a little shrimp completely manhandle the big starfish, flip it over and start munching.

As ususal - the harlequin does not dissapoint!

Pretty cool you got those candy canes! Like the monti - can't wait to see the rest (guess I need to go to the hex thread)

As ususal - the harlequin does not dissapoint!

Pretty cool you got those candy canes! Like the monti - can't wait to see the rest (guess I need to go to the hex thread)

Yeah I broke the canes into two pieces like I did with the others, so now it's sort of like these sentinel candycanes guarding the valley heheh. Hope they grow as well as the green ones, those things are out of control with new heads.

Beautiful tank! I love the zoa side of the tank... lol

Damn I don't even think the starfish saw it coming...

Glad you like it!

That shrimp will sit upside down for two weeks straight and the only movement will be the occasional preening of itself.

The SECOND a starfish hits the water, BOOM it is running for it and goes right to work. I can put the star (or a piece of it) out of the shrimp's sight and still it immediately starts hunting it down. I guess starfish smells damn good.

That's the harlequin shrimp chowing down on a chocolate chip starfish. It's cool to watch such a little shrimp completely manhandle the big starfish, flip it over and start munching.

Awesome.

Did the weekly wc. Cleaned the living hell out of the skimmer and even tore apart the pump to clean that as well. My office was starting to smell like a dirty sock from the skimmate.

Sat there beforehand staring at the tank, planning out my plan of attack. Then sat there afterwards realizing I completely forgot to pick off a few pieces of bubble algae that rode in on the last piece of LR I bought. Duh.

Probably took a good thirty minutes to clean the skimmer out as well as I possibly could including the maxijet and the overflow box. Nasty, nasty gunk inside both. Then I left it all upside down to drip out what water I wasn't able to paper towel off and went and did the WC before getting it all back on the tank.

Archived