Cultivated Reef

The Hun's Acropora Heaven 60g UPGRADE

kthehun89

So I got drunk one night and decided that the favia's gotta go, so I have made some deals. I took a 5 polyp frag and chopped that in half. i'm trading one of the 2-eye frags and a frag of the Lemonade acro for 2 eyes of the Tyree BGM. I'm keeping the other frag and trading the colony for frags of the Tyree Mummy Eye and one of the Pink Boobies chalice.

As well as these chalices, I'm in the talks with the long lost Kraylen for a pack of his awesome chalices!!

Stay tuned thugs

Maxima and Polyp themed

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0074-4.jpg

DSC_0070-2.jpg

Comment!

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New chalices from Kraylen

Group shot, all the frags I got

DSC_0075.jpg

Close ups:

DSC_0111-2.jpg

DSC_0112-1.jpg

DSC_0114-1.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

I'm still getting 2 large frags of the Tyree Mummy Eye and BGM to boot. hello chalice, acan, and SPS tank..

Good stuff bro. Especially from kraylen! I like the new stuff you got, Im thinking about just going all acan out now.

Keep posting more pics because your collections are hella nice!

Good stuff bro. Especially from kraylen! I like the new stuff you got, Im thinking about just going all acan out now.

Keep posting more pics because your collections are hella nice!

Thanks! I should be getting the other chalices in a week or so after the frags heal and then I'll do another photo log.

free bump here too! but i really digging your chalices. do you spot feed them too?

The Miami Hurrican eats like a PIG, the other sorta do so yeah occasionally.

do you dose anything in your tank? if so can you give me a guide line?

Ohh man do I hahahaha

Vodka: I dose 3.5 mL of 40% Ethanol every Monday, having built up to this dosing over a few months

Amino Acids: 1 mL of Brightwells Coral Amino every Monday

Calcium: 6mL of part A/B every 3 days

Vitamin C: 5mL of Brightwells Vitamarin Pro

Ohh man do I hahahaha

Vodka: I dose 3.5 mL of 40% Ethanol every Monday, having built up to this dosing over a few months

Amino Acids: 1 mL of Brightwells Coral Amino every Monday

Calcium: 6mL of part A/B every 3 days

Vitamin C: 5mL of Brightwells Vitamarin Pro

VODKA? what kind of vodka do you use (grey goose)? sorry bro i don't know about dosing and i am pretty interested. The only thing i am using is B-Ionic Alk/ Cal 25mL everyday. i finally got my purple coraline algae buildup. lol

VODKA? what kind of vodka do you use (grey goose)? sorry bro i don't know about dosing and i am pretty interested. The only thing i am using is B-Ionic Alk/ Cal 25mL everyday. i finally got my purple coraline algae buildup. lol

Haha, no I drink the grey goose and the tank get straight up ethanol from the lab. the vodka creates an ultra low nutrient system (ULNS), and once this has been established over time, the results are fantastic. My SPS colors are great and their growth is consistently accelerated. def. look into it

And 25mL each day? are you sure that you are in the correct range? seems like allot even for my tank...

I like your acan garden. Which is your favorite? :)

probably this one for sure. such insane colors

DSC_0072-1.jpg

Well not everyday but maybe every other day. I guess I need to adjust again my alk/cal but yeah where can I purchase some of that vodka for the corals from? I would like to boost up the colors a bit and more growth. :)

That one sexy acan you have there too!

Well not everyday but maybe every other day. I guess I need to adjust again my alk/cal but yeah where can I purchase some of that vodka for the corals from? I would like to boost up the colors a bit and more growth. :)

That one sexy acan you have there too!

Honestly, I just jack my stuff from work. I work in a plant physiology lab, we go through so much ethanol. I dont think anyone even cares. but yeah a bottle of popov or smirnoff 40%, 80proof plain vodka. Get it at the grocery or liquor store wherever you are. READ THIS B4 you dose!!!

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2008-08/nftt/index.php

and after you maintenance dose, then you may notice pailing of the colors. Then, get some amino acids and dose once a week. This is due to the ULNS, the corals lose their colors in a too clean environment.

i like them. lol do you sell frags every once and a while?

also dont stress it people hardly comment on my tank lmao. i need to update now that i'm thinking about it.

Archived