Top Shelf Aquatics

The Hun's Acropora Heaven 60g UPGRADE

kthehun89

kthehun89

Hey weet, unfortunately these are the true colors, or pretty close. I am using a 14k Phoenix with dual 65w PC-R actinics. there is a HUGE difference when I turn off the actinics.

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply
steely185

Looking sharp. Most of my acans faded a bit under the T5s. Looking forward to getting their color back. Looks like you've got quite the collection.

Looking sharp. Most of my acans faded a bit under the T5s. Looking forward to getting their color back. Looks like you've got quite the collection.

my didnt really fade under t5 but they did lose their crazier colors (green, yellow, pink streaks, blue, etc) but im experimenting with some red acans i had that were a dull red but are now turning yellow and orange. indirect and shaded. the only light theyre getting is probably reflection from the glass.

kthehun89

yeah these acans came from a neglected tank with PC's. I think they like the Phoenix 150 and 65w actinics

kthehun89
People who go to UCSD have the best tanks :D

eronious. I had to stop studying so I could actually keep a tank :P hahahahah

kthehun89
It's doing great. Coming up on 6 months running with no major issues!

same, up since end of november.

• 2 weeks later...
Upped my feeding from 1 mysis cube to 3 cuz of all these acans. I seriously increased my polyp count 8 fold haha. Actinic shots

Silver and red, it sparkles

DSC_0017-3.jpg

Crazy favia

DSC_0007-9.jpg

My new showpiece acan

DSC_0006.jpg

are you spot feeding? Also I'm not sure if I read this write do you feed that much every day? I have a good mix and I only feed about 1/2 a cube every 3 days. I didn't think it was good to feed anywhere near this much.

are you spot feeding? Also I'm not sure if I read this write do you feed that much every day? I have a good mix and I only feed about 1/2 a cube every 3 days. I didn't think it was good to feed anywhere near this much.

I spot feed all my LPS every 3 days. it takes allot of mysis since I have probably 15 acan frags/colonies

So I must say I love my two clowns, Robert and Terry. Have had them for 2.5 years. Terry is the big female, and Bobby is the little sucker... They used to have an anemone, whose name was Philip. One day Philip met my MP10...and then there was no more hahaha. For a while the clowns were lost, hosting the power head, mag float, and back corner. Well, now they have taken quite a liking to my big plate coral! Check out the pics!

DSC_0008-4.jpg

DSC_0006-2.jpg

Comment por favor!

Here's a little progression shot for my nice sized blue acro. this bad boy has started tabling nicely... got it in February.

Feb.

DSC_0012-2-1.jpg

mid march

DSC_0037-1-1.jpg

Today

DSC_0012-6.jpg

regards

Archived