Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Hun's Acropora Heaven 60g UPGRADE

kthehun89

Where you been MIA? are you still in TN. you're very close to me just one state over down south. i'm in MS. Hattiesburg.

How you're tank doing!

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah D, I'm in TN for another 2 weeks. I've been to Hattiesburg a few times! The tank is doing good, back in California. The roommate's been taking good care of it, all he's really been doing is filling up the ATO reservoir. Hopefully there wont be any too drastic changes when I get back :D

So since I'm around my Mom's tank while I'm on vacation, I figure I'll post pics. I'm so proud of my mom, you guys dont even know. She does everything! I mean she even knows how to program the RKL hahah.

She's very picky about what corals I can frag, which is good cuz she lets these bad boys grow.

DSC_0005-8.jpg

She has several of my original AquaSD purple hornets, this colony is going to a buyer on tuesday

DSC_0001-7.jpg

SPS top, ORA Joe the Coral growing well!

DSC_0006-7-1.jpg

You're MOM is awesome! :)

I like that scape she got bro. and the corals looking sweet!

thnks, which coral in particulate. i'll send a frag of whatever you want!

Did some fragging in mom's tank, ended up taking them to the LFS. Got a nice 5" Gold Teardrop Maxima! Also got some frags from Will @ AquaSD sent to me for the tank. It's looking sweet. Enjoy the pics!

DSC_0059-4.jpg

DSC_0065-2.jpg

DSC_0045-1.jpg

DSC_0043-2.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0064-2.jpg

DSC_0066-3.jpg

DSC_0056-4.jpg

DSC_0048-2.jpg

DSC_0049-3.jpg

Oh dang man. Those corals looking awesome. Sweet deal!

I like that red coral u got on the bottom but also all your zoas you have in there. Very nice variety color choice of zoas you have there.

Any up date or pic of your tank back home in cali bro? Hope it's doing good :D

Oh dang man. Those corals looking awesome. Sweet deal!

I like that red coral u got on the bottom but also all your zoas you have in there. Very nice variety color choice of zoas you have there.

Any up date or pic of your tank back home in cali bro? Hope it's doing good :D

Yeah I'm really digging how this tank has turned out. most of the corals here started off as 1-2 head frags so it's come a long way. No pics from the tank back in Cali, but the roomie says its fine, nothing drastic or the like. It has been on cruise control for a while so all it's missing out is 2-part dosing, but that's not too bad.

How many gallons is your mom's tank? it looks simple and clean.

That clam is hella big bro. 5" daym.. i am afraid to put clam in my tank, i had bad luck in the past so i think i will stay away for now. lol

Also got anymore of Whalmin' watermelons or Eagle eyes, AOG, and nucs?

yeah D i got some frags of those. I was gonna send some this up coming week if thats cool with you. The dimensions are 22" wide, 17" deep and 17" tall. It's plummed to a 10g sump...

and the clam's a beast, but it's beautiful and adds allot to the tank...

1 week til I'm back. I cant wait to see the progress of the tank. No more "yeah the red one is doing well, its growing a bunch of...branches" hahaha

So I picked up a really nice tabling acro today. Looks like an acropora cytherea. This thing has like a 4" diameter, and is nicely tabling already. It has a nice little white acro crab too, just like the one I have back in SD. It's got pink tips, a nice tan-light green skin, and white/red polyps. It was sitting low in the LFS tank, so chances are the green skin will comeback more since it's up in the top. Take a look

DSC_0032-1.jpg

DSC_0031-4.jpg

top down on the new a. cytherea

DSC_0004-7.jpg

this is very accurate of the colors, except that I had to push back the T5 to take this pic, so it's not as bright and vivid

So upon further inspection, I've noticed there is a pair of acro crabs in the a. cytherea!

Both are white with a black stripe across the shell from eye to eye. They are so cute, and that's coming from a dude!!!!

One is slightly bigger than the other, and I saw the 2 together just now. I'll try and get a pic, it's certainly hard with this coral!

squirrelieygrrrl

love the tank hun!

you're not so good at being subtle huh? lulz. this tank is gonna be the shiz once it all grows in a bit. if you can id really like to see pics of your acro crabs. ive always loved those guys. me likey that a. cytherea. totally love the placement too. definitely makes that rock look less phallic. :lol:

love the tank hun!

you're not so good at being subtle huh? lulz. this tank is gonna be the shiz once it all grows in a bit. if you can id really like to see pics of your acro crabs. ive always loved those guys. me likey that a. cytherea. totally love the placement too. definitely makes that rock look less phallic. :lol:

that's like the 5th person to say something regarding weiners and my tank(s) haha. uhh nothing Freudian i swear.

and you gotta advertise/force people to look at your thread to get any traffic, right?

but yes, I'm trying to get some pics of the crabs as we speak!

squirrelieygrrrl
that's like the 5th person to say something regarding weiners and my tank(s) haha. uhh nothing Freudian i swear.

and you gotta advertise/force people to look at your thread to get any traffic, right?

but yes, I'm trying to get some pics of the crabs as we speak!

tanks? :huh: you have more than one with some sort of phallus? wait. maybe i dont wanna know....

lol. force. so true around here these days.

tanks? :huh: you have more than one with some sort of phallus? wait. maybe i dont wanna know....

lol. force. so true around here these days.

yes, this thread has 2 tanks, one is my 34g Solana with my tongan branch piece that has been described as phallic (earlier in this thread), and then there is my mom's 29g which you just said is looking like it's rocking out with its...phallus out.

HAHAHA most interesting reef related discussion right here...

Archived