Coral Vue Hydros

The Hun's Acropora Heaven 60g UPGRADE

kthehun89

in the mean time, i managed to attach all my chalice frag discs to the live rock, via water weld 2 part epoxy from homedepot. this stuff has great reviews in the reef community. it looks pretty sick, look forward to some pics.

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gulfsurfer101

Nice additions, sorry to hear bout that clam. I don't keep them anymore but may give it some thought in the future when I'm better able to understand how to keep my parmeters more adaquate for them along with sps in such a small tank.

thanks bud, but common knowledge would lend that the more sensitive Crocea would perish more readily than the hardier Maxima. who knows...It's just a sign I should't keep Maximas

The original Tyree Pink Lemonade acro frag I got from reefgardener rtn'ed soon after getting due to shipping stress, but Morgan cut me a frag right after I lost the other and we let it sit and heal for a few weeks. I got it today. I'm freaking stunned. I cant get a good pic where it is not, but I'm gonna re-arrange it a tad.

DSC_0010-9.jpg

I'll be updating this one's growth for sure over the next few months!

K

probably half of my new chalices. they are attached with 2-part epoxy. lots of other goodies in this one

DSC_0015-3.jpg

Red planet has started growing rapidly

DSC_0014-6.jpg

a somewhat relaxed, natural shot in my mind

DSC_0012-7.jpg

I just love your scoly and that orange crush acan. Also if it's a closer shot on your new frag would be nice too.

What did you use to attach the frags? Where can I get it from?

Thanks k, u don't know how much I wanna pull out them frag disc off. I just don't know how to attach it underwater. Dumb question but foreel!

Thanks k, u don't know how much I wanna pull out them frag disc off. I just don't know how to attach it underwater. Dumb question but foreel!

just put it in place and mush it in underwater. it dries and everything underwater. just imagine doing it in the tank, minus all the water. its supa easy

well, I'll continue talking with myself if no one can muster anything else...

So I managed to get a decent picture of my new pink lemonade. man this thing is hairy... I wonder what i'm gonna eat for dinner. Pizza rolls sounds great! ohh yeah, tomorrow is garbage day, I can't forget to take it out this week...

DSC_0013-6.jpg

PLEASE COMMENT OR CRITICIZE

I feel the same way to bro.

But yeah I wish I can get my hands on that lemonade. That is going to look good when it grows out in couple years!

I feel the same way to bro.

But yeah I wish I can get my hands on that lemonade. That is going to look good when it grows out in couple years!

haha tell me about. I get more feed back talking to the damn tank itself haha. but yeah, I'm super excited for the frag. All I can do now is wait til it starts growing!

I just got some new sps frag too but I have no idea what those sps names are. All I know they look decent and they are purple and bluelish green one.

I'm just not sure yet how to or want to attach the sps to the rock. Since I love to aquascape all the time in my tank. Lol

I just got some new sps frag too but I have no idea what those sps names are. All I know they look decent and they are purple and bluelish green one.

I'm just not sure yet how to or want to attach the sps to the rock. Since I love to aquascape all the time in my tank. Lol

post some pics, maybe i can ID some. and just get some superglue gel or that epoxy.

as far as placement, its common knowledge that frags don't grow or do well if they are getting moved around and bugged. Just place them and watch them grow!!!

Wow, that's great news K! Glad to hear it is going well. Keep us in progress alrite!

It's the weekend time to get crunk!

Wow, that's great news K! Glad to hear it is going well. Keep us in progress alrite!

It's the weekend time to get crunk!

uhh, this weekend was an understatement in crunk! I turned 21 yesterday and I live in a fun city (San Diego)!!! I'm surprised I'm even up now...

You have a lot of nice frags. Tank looks great.

thanks bud.

santa barbara huh? I'm considering UCSB for grad school, I love it up there...

thanks bud.

santa barbara huh? I'm considering UCSB for grad school, I love it up there...

I am a grad student at UCSB atm. It is pretty nice up here.

So little update. I'm back home in TN, and the tank is in the hands of my friends. I'm gone for 3 weeks and my friend is stopping by every 2 days to check in and refill my ATO reservoir. Fish and corals could use a diet, they'll be fine eating whatever's floating around :P

I know it's risky, but I figure i have my bases covered and I've done this before. My reefkeeper is controlling the lights and temp, and my dual float switch ATO assures the ultimate safety. My friend Jimi has taken care of salt before. Everything will be fine.

I am looking forward to seeing it when I get back. 3 weeks is allot of growth especially with the, dare I say, daily growth of my SPS (my Red planet has sprouted like 5 more branches, up from a respectable 2, in 2 weeks).

Enough talking, here are the last pics I took. I was taking more pics as I was waiting on my date to show up, but then I got "distracted" hahahah oh women...

Actinics only

Oregon Mummy Eye's new eye starting

DSC_0022-3.jpg

Tri-Color

DSC_0006-6.jpg

Roscoe's Blue, freaking biggest SPS (non-mille) polyps

DSC_0017-6.jpg

Archived