Top Shelf Aquatics

The Hun's Acropora Heaven 60g UPGRADE

kthehun89

Tyree Oregon Mummy Eye

DSC_0005-7.jpg

Pink Boobies

DSC_0006-5.jpg

I know they arent colored up, but these frags were in a region where they were shaded by other rocks so I'm looking forward to them coloring up. Considering I traded a small favia colony for these 2 makes me super happy

also, Rodney the Flasher is acting a bit showy...he butted himself into this pic :+)

DSC_0007-12.jpg

and the good ole FTS

DSC_0004-6.jpg

Sold some of my acans to make room for the chalices which are on large discs for maximum grow out

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply
they were listed here, but a local got all of them

Cuz i wanted to get that orange crush acan from u. oh well. lol

Cuz i wanted to get that orange crush acan from u. oh well. lol

haha, I didnt sell that, just a plain purple and red/white/average acan. I need chalice room. the orange crush is growing well, may need to make a frag in month or so...

Awesome!

That wrasse is looking sexy! I like how the body and eyes look on the fish. It must cost you alot for that type of wrasse huh? I never see any cool looking fish at my lfs at all. If I had to get one, I will probably had to order it online or travel 2 states from where I'm at to get a decent fish. Lol

Awesome!

That wrasse is looking sexy! I like how the body and eyes look on the fish. It must cost you alot for that type of wrasse huh? I never see any cool looking fish at my lfs at all. If I had to get one, I will probably had to order it online or travel 2 states from where I'm at to get a decent fish. Lol

not even, i think i got him for 29.99...

http://liveaquaria.com/product/prod_displa...amp;pcatid=2648

0823angeles

Good setup man... I knew I saw that scoly before... I was actually contemplating on getting that piece but I knew it was a little to big for my 10 gallon... Good selection of chalice you got there too... Best of luck with the progress....

-Angeles

oh send me a pic of the Acan cuz im running out of real estate in my tank....

I really like your tank, I think it's going to grow out beautifully.

Thanks for the nice words.

The SPS are really liking it in there now. I have truly stabilized the temp after the move. it got a little hot one week and I kinda flipped but no loses. it stays at 79.5-80.7 day and night and has been for 2 weeks now. the dosing has gone up, 15ml two part every 3 days... but the corals are growing! chalices even have some new growth.

Pics soon

man, so I guess no tank is 100% immune, but something is going wrong. I have had 3 maximas, each have died... but I have 2 croceas, 6" and 3"... The first clam loss is my fault, I had a friend die and I lost track of my tank and the little clam died. I had him for several months. The second maxima was one of Mr.coral's free ones. didn't look good from day 1, what can you expect from a free clam. But yesterday I noticed that my ORA gold maxima was closed up while the other clams were wide and loving it. I picked it up and there were several micro bristle stars around and in the foot area, but the clam's guts and everything looked weird. It wont make it I dont think. I dont know if the stars were predating or scavenging, it's a guess at this point. 3rd maxima lost... truly no more...

K

oh yeah, 1st clam death was last summer, 2nd was january, 3rd is tbd...

some top downs of my chalices. more to come. these were taken from my side tank, a shallow top down reef. pretty neat tank. Lights are now 2x par38 20k LED but i'm adding one more 12k...

Miami Hurricane

DSC_0037-5.jpg

Oregon Mummy Eye

DSC_0038-2.jpg

picked up the last of my chalice-trades today, the Tyree BGM. pretty sweet once again!!! more top down chalice pics soon

Miami Hurricane

DSC_0037-5.jpg

Oregon Mummy Eye

DSC_0038-2.jpg

Those are some nice piece u got there man. When keeping chalice do we keep it away from the mh or can they handle it? Give me the break down about them in the simplest way u can. Thanks

where do you get all these nice chalice from, I'm so jealous california got everything! There is no good lfs around my area all they wanna do is rip you off an arm and legs for something not even that spactualar!

Those are some nice piece u got there man. When keeping chalice do we keep it away from the mh or can they handle it? Give me the break down about them in the simplest way u can. Thanks

where do you get all these nice chalice from, I'm so jealous california got everything! There is no good lfs around my area all they wanna do is rip you off an arm and legs for something not even that spactualar!

Thanks buddy, they can handle the MH just fine. Some can't but I dont place them more than half way up so no biggie.

and honestly, at this point I don't buy anything anymore. Almost all of the chalices I have I got through trading. I'm pretty active in the local SO-Cal forums so I manage to arrange things no problem. I guess it is my location

Archived