SaltCritters.com

The Hun's Acropora Heaven 60g UPGRADE

kthehun89

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're not using your led yet? Did it ever come in?

I like to know fts, I like how you got your sps hanging on the backwall. I am afraid to do it to mine bcuz in the future sometime next I will have to move to another place and don't want to go through the pain of ripping the colonies off the back wall. Lol

everything is looking good k!

There was a shipping delay and the organizer is going out of town tomorrow til Monday so I've been waiting. As for the sps on the wall, I found some place that sells magnet frag plugs. Its just secure through the back or glass no biggie

A more aquascape focused FTS

DSC_0004-8.jpg

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

love the chalice you got going on there. finally a good close up on your scape and all your corals. When you feed your corals do you turn off all your pumps and flow? and how long do you leave them off?

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

love the chalice you got going on there. finally a good close up on your scape and all your corals. When you feed your corals do you turn off all your pumps and flow? and how long do you leave them off?

I'm really sorry D, I looked back through my thread and I realized that I lacked a decent aquascape shot. It's pretty much how I see the tank day by day, I like the shot.

as for feeding, of course i turn the pumps off. otherwise the MP20 on full blast would demolish it. I usually turn off the pumps for 15 min, but sometimes i forget and leave it off for a night or day...no biggie.

Nothing to special. Its basically a 12" cube win 4 mangroves. Im working on modding an ac-70 to hide all the wires and whatnot. As far as stocking, I'm definitely adding a blue damsel and im playing with the idea of a zoa tank...

So I got my LED last night, and I hooked up last night. All I can say is that I'm floored with it!!!! It's two corded, and I hooked it up to my RKL and the blues run longer then the day lights. I'm light acclimating now for the switch over.

As far as a comparison with the MH, the LED's are much brighter and give the tank a nice 17k look. The light is considerably more far reaching than the MH. I ran them for an hour today, and there was virtually no heat. I'm looking forward to this heat reduction!

So, here are some random shots, nothing too special

DSC_0004-9.jpg

DSC_0011-6.jpg

DSC_0014-7.jpg

DSC_0015-4.jpg

DSC_0016-5.jpg

Whatever you're doing, don't change a thing and let these suckers grow! Everything looks great! I love it.

Thanks Paleo, I really appreciate the kind words.

d9hp, yeah its a mille. It was on sale, so I snagged. I've been watching this piece grow in the LFS tank for months now so it was my day to get it. It actually has some cool gold and red tips...may color into something ridiculous.

Did a couple of top downs with the new fixture. I love this LED, my tank's fans havent turned on since I bought it!

Pink Boobies and echinata

DSC_0022-6.jpg

Green and Gold mille

DSC_0020-4.jpg

Chalices, acan echinata, and sand courtesy of the pistol shrimp

DSC_0019-9.jpg

actinics only

DSC_0018-8.jpg

View of the fixture over the tank. yeah i know it's crooked lol. Actinic lights only

DSC_0015-6.jpg

So I did the best trade of my life today. Sump, stand, and a skimmer for a juvie male Ambanja panther chameleon!!! His name is Doug! Already ate some crickets tonight.

DSC_0007-15.jpg

DSC_0011-7.jpg

Chameleons are amazing. I kept a veiled for about 7 years, he passed a way a fat old man. If you handle them about every other day they will become familiar and you can usually train them to eat from your hand.

pyronus: yeah this guy is amazing. He's already eating from my palm and is pretty tame. I'll post pics as he and his colors progress.

Captain Billy: thanks for the nice words. I've noticed some interesting things so far, I'll be doing a write up in a bit to detail my observations.

squirrelieygrrrl

dude! hun!

the tank is looking great! love how its all coming together for sure. seems like i missed alot and ive only been gone a month. crazy how fast these things can progress.

doug is pretty cute too. :happy:

gulfsurfer101

Cool lizard, the actinics on that fixture look crazy. What fixture is that or is it a diy somebody put together for you.

Hey squirrely long time no see. Yeah things are progressing well with the tank. Im surprised how different the tank is with the led and the upgraded Tunze skimmer. Unfortunately, my large pink acan has brown jellied away this weekend and my pathetic strawberry shortcake rtn'ed also. I don't think this is a result of the led since everything is looking sweet otherwise. Im acclimatin by raising the light,using eggcrate to diffuse the light and running a shortened photoperiod. In never had hope for the strawberry but im sad about the acan. I will be getting a big ultra chalice colony from AquaSD to go where the acan was with the money I spent on the strawberry frag, so it'll all work out.

Archived