Coral Vue Hydros

The Hun's Acropora Heaven 60g UPGRADE

kthehun89

squirrelieygrrrl
yes, this thread has 2 tanks, one is my 34g Solana with my tongan branch piece that has been described as phallic (earlier in this thread), and then there is my mom's 29g which you just said is looking like it's rocking out with its...phallus out.

HAHAHA most interesting reef related discussion right here...

lulz! at least were keeping it interesting! are you sure you dont have a complex there? ;)

love your moms tank too. at first i thought they were the same tank. a tad confusing though cuz i thought the scape kept changing. :facepalm: i can be such a ditz some times.

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lulz! at least were keeping it interesting! are you sure you dont have a complex there? ;)

love your moms tank too. at first i thought they were the same tank. a tad confusing though cuz i thought the scape kept changing. :facepalm: i can be such a ditz some times.

haha, idk how you mixed it up :lol:

My 34g Solana back at school

DSC_0011-5.jpg

29g that I setup for my mom back home, she takes 100% care of it!

DSC_0001-8.jpg

kinda different lol

squirrelieygrrrl

:lol: no excuses there. im just a ditz.

you seem to like doing close to the same kind of scape, i tend to do the same thing with mine. both of these tanks have some serious potential. cant wait t see how they will progress.

thanks girl, yeah all we can do now is wait as them corals grow. I havent seen my solana in 3 weeks so I'm sure the growth will be noticeable when I get back on sunday!

squirrelieygrrrl

gasp!

i hope some one is watching it for you. i bet youll be stoked once you see it again! cant wait to see some updated pics of this bad boy.

i know even when i leave for a few days i stress about the tank. couldnt imagine three weeks. lol.

at least our past time is better than watching paint dry. although just about as thrilling at times. :lol:

gasp!

i hope some one is watching it for you. i bet youll be stoked once you see it again! cant wait to see some updated pics of this bad boy.

i know even when i leave for a few days i stress about the tank. couldnt imagine three weeks. lol.

at least our past time is better than watching paint dry. although just about as thrilling at times. :lol:

yeah my roomie is there, he knows how to care for salt and he's had a pico before. and yes, I am most excited to see it too

So great news, the tank is fine!!!! I only lost one coral, a random pink chalice frag, that got flipped over by my pistol shrimp, but otherwise everything looks awesome...I got some crazy growth to take pics of!!! Stay tuned

So how about a photo update:

So just documenting some growth since I got back, I'm really happy. Tank is due for a large (15%) water change with filtered seawater tomorrow, but otherwise it looks good. I dont want to test any params..i'm too scared. Anyway, as Dr. Steve Brule would say: "check it out!"

I did notice 2 losses, I did lose a trachiphylia and the flasher...It may have jumped...

Red Planet is growing like a fool

DSC_0016-4.jpg

Bubble gum monster, was in high light, that's why it's orange. added a few eyes too

DSC_0018-5.jpg

Pink boobies

DSC_0021-5.jpg

Oregon Mummy eye

DSC_0022-4.jpg

Miami Hurricane

DSC_0023-4.jpg

Blue Tort

DSC_0033-6.jpg

Pearlberry, it's encrusting but it's very slow growing :huh:

DSC_0036-2.jpg

GARF Purple Bonsai

DSC_0037-6.jpg

Tri Color valida

DSC_0039-3.jpg

Roscoe's Blue with Hank, the acro crab

DSC_0040-2.jpg

FTS, sorry the greenness, big water change coming.

DSC_0047-3.jpg

let me know what you guys think

squirrelieygrrrl

love it hun!

lookin really great! when you get the time id love to see a better pic of that acro crab, ive been considering adding one to my tank. sorry to hear about the couple of losses. i guess its better than coming home to a complete catastrophe though. i love your sps collection. got any big plans?

love it hun!

lookin really great! when you get the time id love to see a better pic of that acro crab, ive been considering adding one to my tank. sorry to hear about the couple of losses. i guess its better than coming home to a complete catastrophe though. i love your sps collection. got any big plans?

thanks! yeah I've going home for christmas break or summer vacation for a while now and i've already accepted that I'll lose something, but it could have been allot worse.

As far as big plans? well I want to upgrade my lighting. My 150w MH is good, but I want MOAR PHOTONS haha. The SPS have just started really growing, so I guess wait until the tank grows in more.

Otherwise, I'm setting a prop tank for some big SPS colonies so I will be building that tank up. I'll let you guys know more when i get stuff built up!

squirrelieygrrrl

cool!

cant wait to see! lol! ive been considering an upgrade on lighting as well. the 150 is ok and all, but i just cant seem to achieve the blues im after no matter what bulb i use. so i totally feel ya there.

Hey bro,

That GARF purple bonsai is outrageous. I'm in SD too. Where did you get it?

Man IDK, I've had it for a while, I think I got it in a pack from an online vendor...

i see two MPs wow! bet u are liking the flow so is your sps!

that bonsai and roscoe blue is looking hottness!

haha thanks D, yeah both are going now but I'm sending back to my mom this weekend so these corals better enjoy it now

Little growth comparison:

Red Planet, taken on 8/10/10

DSC_0014-6.jpg

Red Planet, taken on 9/13/10

DSC_0016-4.jpg

So roughly 1 month from pic to pic...good by my standard

So, I just purchased a LARGE (3" plus, triple branched) frag of the Strawberry Shortcake acro...I'm excited to say the least. I'm up visiting some family in San Fransisco and I'm picking the frag up on Monday when I'm back!

How's everything been doing for you bro. Glad to see the new update and your recent photo shots! That red planet is going to grow out well!

thanks man, I'm picking up the strawberry shortcake tomorrow!

so the first strawberry shortcake frag I got died. The originator said he lost several pieces after fragging and it was browned out as hell so he guaranteed me it in case it died.

He got another in today tho so I will have a piece this evening!

Sorry for the long delay on photos. Senior year just started so I've been super busy. The tank is doing well, everything is growing noticeably. I did get a second strawberry shortcake frag which is doing so much better. The polyps are out and crazy. It needs to recover its color, but I can wait.

Strawberry Shortcake

DSC_0090-1.jpg

Red Planet over a crocea

DSC_0067-1.jpg

Coco Worm

DSC_0113-1.jpg

Pearlberry

DSC_0104.jpg

Blue mille

DSC_0103.jpg

Orange Echinata

DSC_0098.jpg

GARF Bonsai is looking AMAZING these days

DSC_0092.jpg

Pink Boobies growing nicely

DSC_0082.jpg

Miami Hurricane is BIG

DSC_0073-3.jpg

Mummy Eye has a few new eyes

DSC_0064-3.jpg

Green Mille has started turning

DSC_0102-1.jpg

"Purple" Lemonade...weird...

DSC_0119.jpg

Dayumm, you got some expensive tastes! Love the new collections and my all time fav is the bonsai. Keep doing whatcha doing bro. I'll stay on the look out.

Hopefully the shortcake will color up nicely soon!

Dayumm, you got some expensive tastes! Love the new collections and my all time fav is the bonsai. Keep doing whatcha doing bro. I'll stay on the look out.

Hopefully the shortcake will color up nicely soon!

Thanks as always D! It may seem like i have paid a ton for all these coral but it's all about trading. I got most of my chalices and half of my SPS from trades.

Update on the lighting issue. Some one local did some fixture tests and found a great 16" led fixture that dumps par. Im getting a fixture one of these next week hopefully!

Archived