Coral Vue Hydros

The Hun's Acropora Heaven 60g UPGRADE

kthehun89

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I just ordered a really neat 120w LED fixture for the tank. Its through a local group buy, and the fixture has been PAR tested and it's really strong fixture. I should be getting it in 2 weeks so i'll post pics then it comes.

Sweet found your tank :) holler sometime whats on the fragrack these days?

haha yeah the local forum blows...but I actually just removed my frag rack to get the glass real clean. I may have a random frag here or there i'll let you know

No big changes in tank as of late. I did trade 2 Par38 bulbs for a tunze 9002 skimmer, and I did buy some carbon and phosban. I hope to be able to get to a really low nutrient system like before, as admittedly things have slipped a tad. All the SPS are growing steadily, and I dose 10ml of 2 part every 3 days. Chalices have been encrusting considerably as well. The new LED light should be here in a week or 2 so stay tuned for that.

Verde

DSC_0076-1.jpg

Blue/ Purple mille

DSC_0078.jpg

GARF

DSC_0079-1.jpg

Acans

DSC_0084.jpg

Hungry Miami Hurricane

DSC_0085-1.jpg

Bottom of the Mummy Eye

DSC_0092-1.jpg

Front side of the Mummy Eye

DSC_0096.jpg

Pink Boobies

DSC_0102-2.jpg

Sixline's back after the loss of the flasher

DSC_0106.jpg

Frag of the A. Cytherea that is in my mom's tank, note the difference in colors

DSC_0110-1.jpg

FTS muthas

DSC_0035-6.jpg

Nice corals. Tank looks good!

Thanks bud. I appreciate the kind words.

I must say that I am very impressed with the Tunze nano skimmer. Its in the display for now while I wait for the upgraded cup. Its already pulled some gnarly skimmate.

So a little update on the LED's. The local group-buy organizer emailed us saying that they will be shipped on Oct. 13th. Here are some pics courtesy of LarryM from SDreefs (these arent my pics). Needless to say we all are exited.

16"x8", 120w, mine will be black with 2 cords, one for each color.

P1040035.jpg

LED's ACTIVATE

P1040030.jpg

Over a RSM 34g

P1040036.jpg

Par readings done by Larry

LEDPARREADINGS.jpg

once again, these are Larry's pics and his readings, all credit to him. I'll keep you guys updated when I get it. I'm looking forward to the heat reduction and increased growth!!!

Miami hurricane is growing like mad, and eats like a pig too

DSC_0037-7.jpg

Pink Boobies has put on like 3 more eyes. Looking forward to this one maturing.

DSC_0039-4.jpg

Dang that red planet is doing hella good growing! I just got a mummy eye and right now it's sitting on the sandbed, what do I need to do to make them happy? Do they like high lights and how about the flow?

Your chalice is incredible k! Make me wanna start collecting them now. Lol

Dang that red planet is doing hella good growing! I just got a mummy eye and right now it's sitting on the sandbed, what do I need to do to make them happy? Do they like high lights and how about the flow?

Your chalice is incredible k! Make me wanna start collecting them now. Lol

Thanks man, I'm loving these chalices. They like med. to low lighting and decent flow. Allot of them morph colors under higher intensity lighting, but most will eat a ton. feed them and they will grow hardcore

Also, just to clarify size, the Miami Hurricane has encrusted down a normal sized frag plug, and now onto the rock. You can actually still see the frag plug, hence the round shape...

New SPS! got a real nice piece of an Acropora Echinata. The owner of the mother colony told me he got it as an ORA Hawkins, but he doubt it truly is that. Anyway, I still love it, and as it grows I'll be able to tell more about it.

Actinic shot

DSC_0019-4.jpg

Daytime

DSC_0006-8.jpg

he also gave me a freebie frag of another deepwater acro. this one had a cool growth pattern, thinner branches and a cool blue green color.

DSC_0002-4.jpg

Aussie Twoface chalice from Kraylen growing well

DSC_0017-7.jpg

Frag of the A. Cytherea is encrusting well and looks great! Interestingly, the acro crab from my Roscoe's Blue migrated to this piece. It's weird because the mother colony of this frag that is in my mom's tank has the 2 acro crabs in it there. And my acro crab and those back in her tank are the same species!!! Some preferential treatment is going on there B)

You can see the crab's white claw...

DSC_0005-9.jpg

ORA Verde

DSC_0001-9.jpg

Pink Lemonade is growing nicely and looks beautiful

DSC_0002-6.jpg

Art, the Harlequin shrimp

DSC_0018-6.jpg

Upper right side...strawberry shortcake is slowly recovering. kinda disappointed so far

DSC_0022-5.jpg

PLEASE COMMENT!

Hey k, those are some interesting sps you just got there. They all looking happy in your tank bro. I can't wait to check out your LEDs system, just be careful when acclimate your lights. Might see some fading issues, like I have with mine but I started over again and raised 8" above and 4" down from the water line and it's doing much better then before. I am just dealing with brown algae at the moment though. Don't know why? But after I do a water change, couple days later my sand started to brown out again.

What kind of skimmer do you run btw?

I traded 2 par38bulbs for a new Tunze nano and I run it in the display for now while I wait for an upgraded cup so it fits in the back. I have a bent conduit that is about 12" above the tank so the corals will be a good 20" away starting.

Weird about the algae. Try turning off the lights for 3 days or so... how them frags looking?

Thanks guys! I'm trying to do some research on how to do that white-balance adjustment to make it so you can take good LED pics. anyone know of any tips?

So I got back at like 3:30 AM this morning and I drunkenly took 2 night pics. As Dr. Steve Brule would say "Check it out":

Green mille's polyps were out like no other

DSC_0002-7.jpg

New favorite acro

DSC_0003-5.jpg

Archived