ReefCleaners.org

The Hun's Acropora Heaven 60g UPGRADE

kthehun89

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realized today that I dont get to see much of my tank with the MH on since I'm at school all day. I've still been toying around with my new Sigma macro lens. I havent been able to throw it on the tripod yet, but it's still an amazing lens. In other news, my MP10 is fixed and being sent back. Vortech covered the costs and I'm very happy with the service. I fried my ATO, but next Wed. is payday so I'm getting another one and the Ecosmart driver. Anywho, some more shots in actinic lol

I've been really fascinated with the growth and coloration of my 2 ORA Red Planet frags:

DSC_0089-1.jpg

Larger pic of the frag

DSC_0047-2.jpg

Smaller frag, but with better color

DSC_0102.jpg

My Garf Bonsai is basing and growing considerably

DSC_0107.jpg

Let me know what you guys think

what type of skimmer are you using? i am looking for a new one since i don't have any skimmer right at the moment. thanks

between you and me, he kinda does. dont tell dale!!

who is dale? also we have a wild populations of madagascar day gekos which are the exact geko the geico geko is based off of living in our neibhorhood. there is one problem though...ours dont talk! :angry:

we do live in fllorida where they are obviously not native so that is not a good think but they dont seem to grow in population crazy fast like iguanas. plus the recent cold front killed most of them. :(

who is dale? also we have a wild populations of madagascar day gekos which are the exact geko the geico geko is based off of living in our neibhorhood. there is one problem though...ours dont talk! :angry:

we do live in fllorida where they are obviously not native so that is not a good think but they dont seem to grow in population crazy fast like iguanas. plus the recent cold front killed most of them. :(

Dale is my day gecko silly...actually one of them. Dale is about 4" and the pair are 9". Dale's a little goober haha

My Phelsuma quadriocellata quadriocellata, Dale

DSC_0080.jpg

My Phelsuma madagascariensis male, JR, after John Redcorn from the King of the Hill series

DSC_0085.jpg

and his gf, Nancy, also a madagascariensis

DSC_0086.jpg

Nancy and JR just laid eggs, im super excited.

correction, according to Dale, he is 5.5", he has grown quite a bit and is a little fatty

Crackerballer

Love the tank (just got a Solana) and the corals/inhabitants, but I cannot stand the overhang. To me, if you are set on doing that, the fixture should be suspended above the tank. I had a 24" Outer Orbit (same as your light basically) over my Biocube and I ended up selling it and going to the Nova Extreme Pro.

With the Solana I just bought, I will be using a Sundial HQI (150w MH and 2x32w PC) and hanging it as well. The Current hanging kit can be had for like $75 shipped. I think that would make the tank perfect.

Crackerballer
I have a hanging kit for my light, and i'm going to use it when i move in june =)

Then I am preaching to the choir! Good stuff man, hope mine turns out as well as yours. I am super excited to get back into the game. omgomgomg

Crackerballer
yeah, well im considering 3 par38's as well so we will see...

My cousin has 6 (waiting on 2 more to run 8 total) on his 90g Tech Tank, you won't regret the switch.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates, school has been super busy. The tank is doing GREAT. I recently acquired a nice acan collection, and I have NO room left. Check out some pics

Really interesting gold/green actinic

DSC_0015-1.jpg

Same of the normal

DSC_0070.jpg

Front collection

DSC_0060-1.jpg

Large colonies on the side

DSC_0061.jpg

Nice green one

DSC_0054-3.jpg

Large blue/silver colony

DSC_0071.jpg

Some more!

DSC_0074-2.jpg

hey guys thanks for the comment.

Weet- I got allot of smaller frags, and some frags I had before are similar to the large colonies i got

fiction- yeah my tri-color is pretty much all purple, with green polyps. Its also one of my highest lighted corals

DSC_0118.jpg

kthehun89

Upped my feeding from 1 mysis cube to 3 cuz of all these acans. I seriously increased my polyp count 8 fold haha. Actinic shots

Silver and red, it sparkles

DSC_0017-3.jpg

Crazy favia

DSC_0007-9.jpg

My new showpiece acan

DSC_0006.jpg

kthehun89

wow no one has anything to say?

DSC_0005-5.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg

DSC_0009-5.jpg

DSC_0012-5.jpg

my innovative placement has one drawback: hand rail on the stairs other side. Otherwise I love where it is...

DSC_0014-4.jpg

Weetabix7

This reminds me of the placement of my Prop Tank, which is on a ledge next to the stairs going down to my basement.

I have to sit on the steps to look at it, but I actually kinda like sitting on the steps watching it.

My 4yo likes to sit on the steps with me when I do maintenance on it, he thinks it's "cool" or something. :lol:

Everything looks really blue in your pics so it's hard to see the true colors of your corals.

I can tell they're nice, which is why I commented on it earlier, but I'd love to see the true colors.

Remind me what kind of lighting you're using and what camera you're using to take pics.

Also, Urchinhead got me started on this food called Marine Energy Plus, made by Salifert.

It's small pellets made for fish, and it's expensive, but totally worth it.

My corals have grown more since I started feeding it to the fish, probably just from pieces they miss breaking down in the tank or something.

It doesn't cause Algae Blooms either.

UH says it's like steroids for corals if you feed it to them directly.

I haven't tried that yet, but hope to do so soon.

I have plenty of LPS in my tank too.

Archived