Coral Vue Hydros

The Hun's Acropora Heaven 60g UPGRADE

kthehun89

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are some shots

SPS garden. They aren't super crowded as it seems. I just can get a pic of the depth of the placement lol

DSC_0027.jpg

Nice mini colony that is coloring up to a light purple/ pink

DSC_0012-2.jpg

Female clown and some zoanthids.

DSC_0029-1.jpg

Thanks for looking

The Solana is 2.5 months old, moved upstairs from my frag tank. I've had the clowns and nem for 2 years and allot of the coral. The SPS is all new...

In the meantime, I changed the light from my 150w Sunpod to my 150w Coralife Aqualight Pro w/ 2x 65 PC's. Both PC's are actinic, one 420nm the other 460nm. I eventually wanna DIY 2x 24" T5VHO and dump the PC's. But I love the color boost for now and hopefully I can upgrade the PC's soon. Here are some new pics

Dark Blue acro

DSC_0052-1.jpg

SPS portion

DSC_0059.jpg

Clowns, Nem, and Trachy

DSC_0060.jpg

These are with all lights on, NOT ONLY ACTINIC!!

DSC_0049.jpg

Cool shot of my Pistol Shrimp

DSC_0005-3.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Some more shots. I'm loving the upgraded light

Coloring up daily

DSC_0037-1.jpg

Upper portion, note the brighter colors

DSC_0053-1.jpg

Any comments or criticisms welcome

Very nice setup!! I like how everything has come together. Do you have a FTS showing the new light? I'm curious to see the profile of it.

ask and you shall receive. It only sits 2" further on each side, and it puts the MH right over the middle and the PC's on the edges. This creates more depth, and the add 1" on the height of fixture makes it look deeper

I know the pic is blurry, but it shows the fixture well

DSC_0057.jpg

You have some very nice SPS. Can't wait to see them after they grow into colonies!

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Its really hard not touching anything in the tank. Now that I have planted most everything and streamlined the system, all i can do is sit back and enjoy. and of course, take tons of pics

DSC_0025-2.jpg

This mille is extending its polyps nicely

DSC_0023.jpg

I've noticed that the new light's LED nightlights are way brighter. here are some rad night shots!

Thanks for looking!

ORA Verde acro and a green and pinktipped millepora

DSC_0007-7.jpg

Wicked trachy

DSC_0005-4.jpg

Darkside of the Moon??

DSC_0003-2.jpg

Good night!

DSC_0002-1.jpg

ask and you shall receive. It only sits 2" further on each side, and it puts the MH right over the middle and the PC's on the edges. This creates more depth, and the add 1" on the height of fixture makes it look deeper

I know the pic is blurry, but it shows the fixture well

DSC_0057.jpg

Oh that's nice. I will be looking into that light. I have the Sunpod 150 and have been wanting supplemental lighting and that is a nice look.

Thanks

Oh that's nice. I will be looking into that light. I have the Sunpod 150 and have been wanting supplemental lighting and that is a nice look.

Thanks

Thanks for the responses. I'm really happy with the light, and so are my coral. The SPS garden is taking shape

Frags are looking great so far. I've noticed growth and/or better coloration on almost everything. I've had some diatoms on my sand, but I'm buying a RO/DI system this week, no more tap water.

I got some more killer SPS frags today, and one of them is a red planet!!! (its super small, but was 10bucks. maybe 3/4") .. I had to add 2, 1lb live rock pieces to give more planting space. doesnt look half bad... comment or questions peeps

Green mille

DSC_0033-1.jpg

Blue mille

DSC_0032.jpg

superman monti, really awesome colors

DSC_0034-1.jpg

red planet, small and lacking colors. we'll give it some time.

DSC_0031-1.jpg

growin like a fool

DSC_0029-2.jpg

I love this acros colors...

DSC_0013.jpg

More awesome colors

DSC_0024-2.jpg

Thanks for lookin!

I really like how you have the piece jutting up into the tank. That's going to look really interesting and differnt once the SPS grows out.

thanks man, I'm really looking forward to it growing in. It gives it more of a 3D aspect. Not just 1 viewing angle, ya digg?

Its been 1 week since this was in my tank. before

DSC_0012-2.jpg

After

DSC_0013.jpg

So one problem I have been encountering is that my dKH is low, at 6. I know this is super low, but my calcium is at 420 and pH is 8.3... Any tips on raising my dKH??? This is my first SPS tank, so I'm not quite sure on the protocol. I only dose when my calcium is low, about twice a month, and its 2-part, amino acids 1 a week, 1ml vodka everyday.

Other specs.

Avg. Temp: 78-79

Ammonia, Nitrite: 0ppm

Nitrate: <5ppm

Phosphate: .25 <Tryna get this lower, slowly but surely

Lighting Schedule:

Actinics: 8am-9pm

Phoenix 14k:10am-7pm

LED's on 24/7

Fuge Light: 10pm-8am

Archived