Pod Your Reef

The Hun's Acropora Heaven 60g UPGRADE

kthehun89

I'm on Christmas break so I'm back home in TN now for 2 weeks. The Solana is back in SD, but my roommates are well versed in its care. In the meantime, here are pics from my mom's 20L. My parents LOVE this tank, they take care of it and spend hours infront of it.

frags

DSC_0028-2.jpg

interracial clowns

DSC_0021.jpg

Frogspawn, AOG

DSC_0018-1.jpg

what were PPE's but now look different, and some cool orange zoas

DSC_0016.jpg

Joe the Coral Acro

DSC_0012.jpg

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

any opinions out there about Coralife's Liquid Gold? I got it at petco for 4.99. so after skipping the homeward bound taco bell stop, we got it and are tryin it... let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice Tank ! started mine about 5 days ago and my rock work is similar - I am having a hard time placing coral - I have a Koralia 2 and the flow seems to much- might be my inexperience. any advice on mine would be appreciated thread is RFD Solana

Nice tank.

I really like the 'scape, and you've got some pretty stuff in there as well.

I like the Frogspawn and the "interracial Clowns" in your parents tank.

Where you at in TN right now?

I'm in E. TN, in Oak Ridge.

OneTimer, I think the Koralia should be fine. If anything, your corals may not be used to it. Its all abour acclimation.

Weetabix, I was raised in Memphis. Thanks for the comments

You've really got some nice hardware there and I like the set-up. Only question I have looking at it is, with the MP10, do you really need the loc-line? IMO, it takes away from the aquascaping. Just my 2 cents! ;)

You've really got some nice hardware there and I like the set-up. Only question I have looking at it is, with the MP10, do you really need the loc-line? IMO, it takes away from the aquascaping. Just my 2 cents! ;)

You're right, It does detract, but I havent taken any recent pics of the Solana. It is now hidden lol. Thanks for the kind words!

Kristof

Nice pics! I wish I could keep a RBTA but I don't have the real estate to spare in my tank and it would be a shame to have it move and kill off coral. Have you had any issues with yours?

Nice pics! I wish I could keep a RBTA but I don't have the real estate to spare in my tank and it would be a shame to have it move and kill off coral. Have you had any issues with yours?

ohh yeah, lots. my parents have 1 and I have one and both animals decided to get sucked into the powehead. They survived but it sent anemone everywhere! really not fun dealing with. But they are fun critters but canget annoying. They only kill coral if they are constantly touching them. other than that not much harm

Kristof

So I just got back to my pad here in SD, my reef keeper was off lol. Only for 2 days tho. I managed to get a WC in. I only lost my trachy. My big snail flipped it -_- . Anywho, here are some shots. Enjoy

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0007-5.jpg

My Anem just split...

DSC_0010-1.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

Comment some...

Picked up some more goodies today. I was bumbed about not getting a flasher wrasse, so I got a shrimp and goby pair. They parked it right in front. Love them already!

If at first you dont suceed, try and try again. RIP Happy the Trachyphyllia

My new one :happy:

DSC_0007-6.jpg

Purple Hornets growing

DSC_0005-2.jpg

Coolest Zoas ever

DSC_0004-1.jpg

SPS garden!

DSC_0008-1.jpg

So I got a Sapphire skimmer from mikedge yesterday and that think is pulling crud like a fool. Its soo much quieter too! Love it. I'll be getting some more SPS frags so stay tuned.

kristof

So I got a Sapphire skimmer from mikedge yesterday and that think is pulling crud like a fool. Its soo much quieter too! Love it. I'll be getting some more SPS frags so stay tuned.

kristof

Congrats!!! I knew I should have bought that damn skimmer from him a while back!!! :angry: Helluva deal wasn't it?!?!

B)

Congrats!!! I knew I should have bought that damn skimmer from him a while back!!! :angry: Helluva deal wasn't it?!?!

B)

Sorry Dude I totally swept that deal away from you lol. I couldnt resist. But yeah I just bought an awesome SPS frag pack from Mr. Coral for $85! Pics when I get them prolly tuesday!

Kristof

Sorry Dude I totally swept that deal away from you lol. I couldnt resist. But yeah I just bought an awesome SPS frag pack from Mr. Coral for $85! Pics when I get them prolly tuesday!

Kristof

No worries... I didn't have the funds before Christmas!!! -_-

Can't wait to see the new stuff!!! B)

So I started vodka dosing this past week. I've started noticing some changes after just 1 week!!! current dosing scheme is .5ml 40% Vodka w/ 5ml amino/vit supplement. My new Sapphire skimmer is working like a champ, thick black, smelly gunk. My sps is coloring up and increasing polyp extension. Nitrate at 2.5ppm and phosphate at 0! calcium is 390 alk 7. Pics when new SPS gets here tuesday!

Kristof

Happy corals!

DSC_0009-1.jpg

Some frags waiting to be glued (more to come tomorrow lol)!!

DSC_0012-1.jpg

My favorite coral, my ORA Verde acro

DSC_0008-2.jpg

vodka is working quite well, comment please

Archived