Nasuta

DSC_0007-19.jpg

AquaSD Rainbow Mille

DSC_0006-19.jpg

Comment please

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no comments, more pics...funny how people can blabber on and on about useless junk, yet no one can actually nut up and talk reef...

Top downs:

DSC_0012-12.jpg

DSC_0011-14.jpg

DSC_0010-16.jpg

Your coral colours are really good; I know you are using the BRS media things so I got a few questions:

1. What GFO/PO4 remover are you using?

2. How often do you replace the GFO/PO4 remover?

3. Is the GFO/PO4 remover fluidised ie bouncing in suspension within the BRS canister or is water merely passing through the media with slight or no agitation of the media?

Thanks man, and keep up the good work. This tank will look awesome in 6 months time with more growth.

Colors look great. The fairy wrasse looks healthy too, nice specimen. Does it swim out in the open a lot?

The fairy is quite rambunctious at this point actually. He loves the SPS section on top, while the flasher swims around the bottom and the chalices. When I feed, he joins the rest of the gang at the top, tearing up the cube.

Your coral colours are really good; I know you are using the BRS media things so I got a few questions:

1. What GFO/PO4 remover are you using?

2. How often do you replace the GFO/PO4 remover?

3. Is the GFO/PO4 remover fluidised ie bouncing in suspension within the BRS canister or is water merely passing through the media with slight or no agitation of the media?

Thanks man, and keep up the good work. This tank will look awesome in 6 months time with more growth.

Thanks Sahin.

So actually, I just removed the BRS since it wasnt turning my pellets anymore and it just ran poorly. Plus it's huge and take up space in my limited sump. Since then, I just run a Phosban reactor with pellets, and my phosphate stays low because I dose MB7, run the pellets, run chaeto and mangroves, and that I change my water with NSW weekly. Plus, I don't over feed and I'm afraid of over feeding.

On a very sad note, I just fragged the last 1/3 of my Aussi Echinata colony since it totally died off over the past 2 days. I had my powerhead pointed at it and it lost tissue on 2 branches, and then it grew algae on those white branches. Then, I wake up today and the front part is totally gone. I cut the piece in hope of saving the rest. Let's keep our fingers crossed for this piece.

I noticed u got your Rainbow Mille from aquasd is that were u get most of your corals from, I just went their yesterday for the first time and got a couple of acans and now I think this will be the only LFS I go to buy corals.

I noticed u got your Rainbow Mille from aquasd is that were u get most of your corals from, I just went their yesterday for the first time and got a couple of acans and now I think this will be the only LFS I go to buy corals.

Sometimes, he's the only lfs ill go to but all my coral are not from him. I have 3-4 pieces from AquaSD

I have but the coral is so sensitive that I don't want to kill the rest of it. There hasn't been anymore tissue loss today thank god.

Omg k, my ench. Acan has stressed out today also and I started to see alot of tissues come out. What is the best possible to save it. I have grow out from one head and now I have about 25 head but would like to save it asap!

Let me know what you did or if u have saved it

Mine too I am so depressed now Imma need to get intouch with anestia again see if he got another pieces left. :( sorry to hear about your lost man! Happy easter!

igotreefermadness
Echinata is virtually gone...I'm sick.

I know that feeling man, sucks. Sweet looking tank though. That acro looking piece in the second pic on your last post looks sweet, never quite seen any growth like it.

bobmonkey11
I know that feeling man, sucks. Sweet looking tank though. That acro looking piece in the second pic on your last post looks sweet, never quite seen any growth like it.

yea thats a neon yellow tipped tabling acro, its more commonly called a "highlighter" i think, but the reason for its growth that way is cause its a tabling species

yea thats a neon yellow tipped tabling acro, its more commonly called a "highlighter" i think, but the reason for its growth that way is cause its a tabling species

Sal has seen my tank several times in person, so he knows what's cracking with it. Yeah that acro is an Australian highlighter acropora, and it is a tabling species for sure. I found the species name for it but it escapes me now... its definitely a cool looking acro.

lpskeeper

hey man hows the tank doing. sorry to hear about that echinata. it was dif an eye catcher. you save any of it?

kthehun89

Thanks buddy tank is doing great aside from the loss of the echinata. All my sps is growing well now, im seeing some insane growth these days. My pearlberry has put on an inche in the previous 2 weeks, and my blue tipped drag has literally doubled in size. I plan on doing a photoshoot soon of all my stuff to highlight the growth. Stay tuned

lpskeeper

crazy man and inch in two weeks! Growth shots be sick.

hey that blue acro you have on that magnet what type of acro is it. and where did you get that magnet that you have it on?

well when that rainbow mille is ready let me know. lol mabe we could set up a frag pack again.

just got done putting all my coral into my new cube. cubes are where its at. a little hard to scape but its so nice to have three big sides to stare at all day.

kthehun89

That's a blue tortuosa. And the magnets are from an old frag rack I had. Im not gonna frag the rainbow mille until it's a nice size colony, so you and everyone else is gonna have to wait. I get pms about that weekly...not for sale lol

lpskeeper

lol cant blame me for trying lol. Its a crazy looking mille.

have your to new table acros started to color up yet?

kthehun89

So I managed to locate a large piece of a Strawberry Shortcake for a very good price. I traded my 2 acan frags and my mauls, plus some cash for it, but I say worth it. The colony's color isnt the best, but its polyp extension is crazy and the tips are bright and colorful, so it has allot of potential to be a show-stopper in a few weeks. Here are pics:

Strawberry

DSC_0006-20.jpg

Nasuta coloring up

DSC_0007-20.jpg

Horrida not so much

DSC_0010-17.jpg

Blue stag growth

DSC_0009-11.jpg

Comment please!!!

kthehun89

I also put one of my fiji pink into the back bulb of my 2 actinic bulbs. This is such a cool switch considering it replicates sunrise/sunset. It's such a cool contrast, I'm pretty amped by the change.

As Dr. Steve Brule says, "Check it out!"

DSC_0003-7.jpg

Archived