The Hun's Acropora Heaven 60g UPGRADE

kthehun89

Pm me. I also can make frags of most everything else

and yes D, it's a yellow tipped torch. Really cool contrast

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BUMP for more feedback.

Also, I will be making some frags of some of my corals to generate some project funds, if anyone is interested, please PM me.

I got bored and labeled my FTS with my coral's names...well the SPS at least

and you guys should get ready to see what I have in the works...any guesses?

NamingCorals.jpg

d'Espresso

Are you gonna down graded like I did? Right now I don't have a thread for my 14x14x14 tank yet but I'm to lazy to make one since no one ever interest in what my tank is going through. Lol

Don't tell me you are moving out your place again?

Arkayology
Not down grading, but building a 12" cube with led retro

Your not taking down the 60 though right? A 12'' should be cool. Stocking plans?

Yes I am not tearing down my 60. I just want a little tank for my room. As far as stocking, im going to do something new. Im gonna showcase one nice tabling acropora and an acan colony and a plate coral. That's it, just these three corals. I want a slice of the reef in my room, but very zen. Its gonna be drilled and everything.

Arkayology
Yes I am not tearing down my 60. I just want a little tank for my room. As far as stocking, im going to do something new. Im gonna showcase one nice tabling acropora and an acan colony and a plate coral. That's it, just these three corals. I want a slice of the reef in my room, but very zen. Its gonna be drilled and everything.

Maybe a 10x10x10 cube? With Sexy Shrimp and those corals?

bobmonkey11

its like a 12x12x11.5 cube which is drilled in the back for a 1" drain with glass holes nano overflow w/ teeth and a 3/4" return.

this is going to be one seriously awesome tank.

ill let kthehun elaborate more when the time is right. its not my place to spoil anything.

but we did drill and install the overflow and bulkheads and tested for leaks. everything looks great.

like Sal, bobmonkey11, says, I have a 12x12x11.5 cube that we drilled yesterday for a 1" drain and 3/4" return. I have the tank ready to plumb, I just need to paint the back black and build a sump. I'm thinking about a similar sized sump with a nice fuge, 400gph return, and room for my ATO and heater.

As far as the sexy shrimp, probably not. I'm not really a fan of them. Like I said, I'm going for a minimalist look as far as stocking so the 3 coral I will have will be the showcase. I'd like to find a nice tabling acropora like my mom's cytherea. It's nice and tabled out, and it has 2 acropora crabs living in it so there is some small life as well. I may get a nano goby or small fish to put in it later.

Ultimately, my goal is to be able to keep and sustain a really nice SPS colony in a small tank while keeping the hardware simple and to the point. I plan on doing weekly, 1-2 gallon waterchanges and maintaining a healthy fuge for nutrient export. I think using a really nice salt mix will allow me to keep up with calcium and alk. I'm pretty excited for it!

its like a 12x12x11.5 cube which is drilled in the back for a 1" drain with glass holes nano overflow w/ teeth and a 3/4" return.

this is going to be one seriously awesome tank.

ill let kthehun elaborate more when the time is right. its not my place to spoil anything.

but we did drill and install the overflow and bulkheads and tested for leaks. everything looks great.

Yeah, Sal's got it right. Tank is ready to get plumbed as soon as the sump is figured out. I also sold a fragpack on friday to fund my Rapid LED DIY kit.

I got the 12 LED Ultra Premium kit with 6 Cool White Cree XP-G R5 and 6 Royal Blue Cree XP-E LEDs. The kit will be here tomorrow, I probably will be able to throw something together tomorrow night and test it out.

My new rainbow lobophyllia. It's inner flesh is a nice speckled green with some yellow, blue, and purple, and the outer rim is pink and yellow. A magnificent piece indeed. Best part: I got it for $35

DSC_0005-16.jpg

My new rainbow lobophyllia. It's inner flesh is a nice speckled green with some yellow, blue, and purple, and the outer rim is pink and yellow. A magnificent piece indeed. Best part: I got it for $35

DSC_0005-16.jpg

WOW!!! Thats an awesome piece. I bet that looks unreal under actinics :wub: And so cheap too! Good buy. Sometimes good pieces do come up for decent prices. If I were in the US, I'd ask for a frag of that haha!

WOW!!! Thats an awesome piece. I bet that looks unreal under actinics :wub: And so cheap too! Good buy. Sometimes good pieces do come up for decent prices. If I were in the US, I'd ask for a frag of that haha!

Thanks! It's really doing well, extended and eating!

So my brother managed to snap two pics of my mom's tank back home. Her SPS are growing like crazy...

Acro cytherea

348.jpg

Joe the Coral, Pink Mille

351.jpg

d'Espresso
So my brother managed to snap two pics of my mom's tank back home. Her SPS are growing like crazy...

Acro cytherea

348.jpg

Joe the Coral, Pink Mille

351.jpg

Daym.. Your mom's tank is growing out of control. What does your mom be dosing in her tank?

I finally got a skimmer in my little tank! Lol

Daym.. Your mom's tank is growing out of control. What does your mom be dosing in her tank?

I finally got a skimmer in my little tank! Lol

no dosing, just water changing and chilling...

Some shots from my set up now.

One of three softies in the tank: my PPE's. These things are amazing; huge polyps and a deep purple center.

DSC_0001-20.jpg

My strawberry shortcake colony is coloring up very nicely. Polyp extension is ridiculous, especially at night.

DSC_0011-15.jpg

Arkayology

Hey K, I need some advice on a return pump for a 60cube. Do you think your Tunze is enough gph (I think it is 300g or so?) I just ordered a 60cube for myself and was wondering what your thoughts were. It will be drilled twice behind a center overflow, one for the sump and one for the return which will also have one hole drilled in the overflow for the return nozzle.

Archived