Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Hun's Acropora Heaven 60g UPGRADE

kthehun89

Hey K, I need some advice on a return pump for a 60cube. Do you think your Tunze is enough gph (I think it is 300g or so?) I just ordered a 60cube for myself and was wondering what your thoughts were. It will be drilled twice behind a center overflow, one for the sump and one for the return which will also have one hole drilled in the overflow for the return nozzle.

The only tunze I run is my skimmer. Now its some marineland 430gph thing...not too strong

What's up with your new tank setup for your bedroom?

you mean this one?

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=272351&hl=

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went up to LA with my boo this weekend and I was sure to stop in at Vivid Aquariums since I bought their pink tipped tabling acropora a week ago. Their store is sick, and very organized. The prices were also very good and their selection was ridiculous. You guys know I'm an acro fan, and I was blow away by what they had in stock and some at a very good price. I found a really nice red Aussie acropora spathulata for an amazing price. Here's a cool article on the spathulata from reefbuilders!

http://reefbuilders.com/2010/09/08/acropor...emic-australia/

The pink tipped yello acro looks amazingly similar to my mom's acropora cytherea. They are both tabling in form with small verticle branches, and both are without a fused base. I'm 100% sure they are the same species. This one has really cool yellow-green polyps.

Both of these corals have potential to color up into ridiculous pieces. I'm excited.

Aussie acropora spathulata

DSC_0015-11.jpg

Pink Tipped, Yellow acropora cytherea

DSC_0012-13.jpg

DSC_0013-12.jpg

And the Strawberry Shortcake looking amazing...my favorite coral

DSC_0018-14.jpg

cheryl jordan

Beautiful sps. The SBC is a piece I have wanted for along time. The Aussie if pretty darn impressive as well.

Beautiful sps. The SBC is a piece I have wanted for along time. The Aussie if pretty darn impressive as well.

Thanks! I was so lucky with the strawberry since it wasnt too expensive. And the aussie spath?

cheryl jordan
Thanks! I was so lucky with the strawberry since it wasnt too expensive. And the aussie spath?

Yes the Aussie Spath.

I have been reluctant to get the SBC, because I hear some really have an issue with keeping it. Since you have such great PE and coloration you must be doing something right (well it all looks excellent).

:)

not gonna lie I did go through 2 pieces before I got one right. I do have 2 in my tank, the other is mini colony that is pretty as well and ive had for a 4 months.. They are quite nice if they are adjusted well

Wow, I love the strawberry shortcake. Just cant find it in the UK. Nice buy.

Thanks! anything over there that we dont have or cant get in the states? I'm sure it's a two-way street when it comes to certain things or corals being available...

Do u have any new pics of the Acropora Turaki.

You threw in a free bee last time a got a frag pack from you and im trying to figure it out.

It has a greenish to it but its just starten to color up.

squirrelieygrrrl

wow hun! your tank has totally taken off, im friggen impressed.

thats quite the acro collection you have, now im the one who is envious!

Do u have any new pics of the Acropora Turaki.

You threw in a free bee last time a got a frag pack from you and im trying to figure it out.

It has a greenish to it but its just starten to color up.

My colony rtned a few weeks ago. Dead!

• 2 weeks later...

Here it is.

Originally I was told this was going to be an ultra spathulata, but I think it is a really nice acropora prostrata instead. White creamy base, pink-purple-blue tips...WOW. Instant favorite for bobmonkey who has seen it in person...

DSC_0029-8.jpg

Acro crab in left lower middle :D

DSC_0032-3.jpg

still juiced on that cytherea its so dank

That it is...I finally glued it, the vivid spathulata, and my blueberry nasuta down so they can really grow out now.

Anyone use red sea coral pro salt? I just bought a 175g tub to test out...hopefully my growth will skyrocket since the parameters of the mix are ridiculous. I also got their pro test kit...talk about college chem lab all over again...titrations and whatnot... very accurate.

Yesterday pre waterchange parameters:

Ca: 390

Alk:7.4

Mg: 1330

I want to get a few water changes in with the salt and then figure out my dosing once again...time to grow sps like a fool.

Archived