Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Hun's Acropora Heaven 60g UPGRADE

kthehun89

Your pictures with your sigma starting to showout better on your corals. Everything look fantastic! I love how u still have mr. Clam sitting up there with your sps. What type of sps is that next to the clam? The color and growth is extreme bright!

My testing sps is doing ok. I see polyps extension but the color is still faded and brown. How can I get the colors to come back? I have A Maxspect G2 400 over the tank and I raise it really high up so I won't bleach my corals out. How long your light setting cycle on/off. I do waterchange once every 2 week. I only dose alk/cal only and 1 drop of iodine each week. Am I missing something? Sorry to ask u alot of question about sps because it seem u have master the level of sps in your tank and just wanted to follow your footsteps. :)

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your pictures with your sigma starting to showout better on your corals. Everything look fantastic! I love how u still have mr. Clam sitting up there with your sps. What type of sps is that next to the clam? The color and growth is extreme bright!

My testing sps is doing ok. I see polyps extension but the color is still faded and brown. How can I get the colors to come back? I have A Maxspect G2 400 over the tank and I raise it really high up so I won't bleach my corals out. How long your light setting cycle on/off. I do waterchange once every 2 week. I only dose alk/cal only and 1 drop of iodine each week. Am I missing something? Sorry to ask u alot of question about sps because it seem u have master the level of sps in your tank and just wanted to follow your footsteps. :)

Thanks D! The sps next to the clam is the aussie highlighter tabling acro. Really cool color and growth. As far as your sps, browning and lack of nice colors is most likely a problem with phosphates not alk/ cal. My actinics come on at 730 and then off at 9pm and the daylights are on from 11 to 7pm. Feeding should be cut back. Also, if the light is super high up you may not have enough light. Be sure to have the pieces glued down in good flow, light, etc.

Bumpity fir some more thoughts, questions, criticisms? Also, I will be selling countless GARF bonsai frags. I got a huge, football sized colony from a break down. I can make frags any size at a good price. Pm me if anyone's interested.

you have any pics of the new garf?

hows the nano coming along?

why you make the switch from nsw to red pro.

tanks coming along so well be asome to see this tank in a year.

once again thanks for the frag pack you gave me all of the frags are doing so well.

im outa town for three week so im kinda freaken out that all come home and be crying lol

well i paid a guy 300$ to take care of things hope my $ was well spent?

Pics are looking good man, can't wait for a semi grown out FTS!

Thanks, I'll get a fts soon.

you have any pics of the new garf?

hows the nano coming along?

why you make the switch from nsw to red pro.

tanks coming along so well be asome to see this tank in a year.

once again thanks for the frag pack you gave me all of the frags are doing so well.

im outa town for three week so im kinda freaken out that all come home and be crying lol

well i paid a guy 300$ to take care of things hope my $ was well spent?

the gaff needs to color up in my system for a week or so but it's tight. The nano is chill bout to put some coral in it. The switch is cuz scripps water is pretty low on alk and avg. on calcium. The red sea coral pro is really optimized for growing coral, so I'm giving it a shot. And why did you pay some one 300 to do it I coulda helped you out.

i live about an hour and a half away from you with out traffic lol..

guys making a sump for me two and going to my pad 3 times a week.

let me know about the garf. mabe all get another frag pack from you again.

i live about an hour and a half away from you with out traffic lol..

guys making a sump for me two and going to my pad 3 times a week.

let me know about the garf. mabe all get another frag pack from you again.

Haha yeah I guess the drive makes a difference. Hope he knows what he's doing otherwise you'll be buying all those corals again haha. And I'll post pics of the Garf soon, and you know I always hook it up.

hey knows for sure what hes doing hes a lfs owner and has a reef tank that most of use would kill for. he just shut the store down and is about to start an online store only. hes are age to and is a chill guy always give me stuff like 5bucks above cost.

well man your tanks looking sick as always. in a year you might have to upgrade tanks again the way your sps are grown. and your tank looks a 100times better in person.

bobmonkey11
hey knows for sure what hes doing hes a lfs owner and has a reef tank that most of use would kill for. he just shut the store down and is about to start an online store only. hes are age to and is a chill guy always give me stuff like 5bucks above cost.

well man your tanks looking sick as always. in a year you might have to upgrade tanks again the way your sps are grown. and your tank looks a 100times better in person.

i agree, dont you think this is TOTM status?!?!

bobmonkey i do agree TOTM status for sure.

the only thing is its not a nano mabe hey can when with his new nano.

If he had kept his salona he prob have won by now lol theres now way he could have fit all his new corals in it though.

supnip you can hit me up for the othe of those two. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
about time now you gota keep this pico up for a while so you can win totm. since you should have with the salona

Please, I already know that my tank is better than 99% of what's on here. I'd rather get people to just give feedback and comment on my tanks in all reality. Unfortunately, N-R has some serious issues when it comes to quality tank discussion since all of the massively long threads are always dominated by useless, junk not related to reef keeping.

I don't really feel like posting here anymore. Pics never do my tank justice, as lpskeeper and bob monkey can attest to, and the fact that my awesome corals, scapes, and pics can't get any worthwhile discussion just cements that feeling. Why should I go out of my way to keep this thread going when it's just forced at this point.

That's what I am talking about K! Do u see why I don't even have a new thread page of my new tank? Hopes the feedback will get better someday for ya.

• 5 weeks later...

Back from 3 weeks of vacation, and honestly my glass is super dirty but everything looks, well, amazing. Top downs for now, Prodibio dose 3...

Left Front

DSC_0012-17.jpg

Rainbow Mille

DSC_0014-12.jpg

Abro

DSC_0017-12.jpg

Raspberry Lemonade

DSC_0021-10.jpg

Red Planet

DSC_0025-11.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake

DSC_0028-7.jpg