Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Hun's Acropora Heaven 60g UPGRADE

kthehun89

Yeah, I mean I can't guarantee I'll take the frag if you don't send me some sort of pic, but if you want to check out the tank and maybe snatch a frag or 2 then lmk

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply
for sure man by the way you still have your chamelon

what kind is it?

Yes I still have Doug. He's a panther chameleon

DSC_0006-18.jpg

looks like a nose be panther i used to breed these kind. looks like it might be a boy to! im looking to get some panthers to breed again. where did u get yours. its nice liven in so cal mine used to be out side all summer.

looks like a nose be panther i used to breed these kind. looks like it might be a boy to! im looking to get some panthers to breed again. where did u get yours. its nice liven in so cal mine used to be out side all summer.

Yeah, he's an Ambanja! Lovely little guy, about 8 months...definitely a boy lol

206959_1653304661751_1511070404_31205229_6409659_n.jpg

I traded a stand and a sump for his 4 month old little a$$, best trade of my life

That milli you have is crazy extended! I am also a fan of tabling acros. Your new green one looks great in that spot.

That milli you have is crazy extended! I am also a fan of tabling acros. Your new green one looks great in that spot.

Thanks man! It certainly looks hot under the ATI

bobmonkey11

tabling acro!!! you need to get a single royal blue 3w led spotlight with 30 degree optics on that tabling acro, so you could have it as the only thing lit at night, it would be epic

Bah, you lucky bum. You managed to get a frag of that AquaSD rainbow milli!!! Haha.

Bahah yep I got the second piece cut from the mother colony. It's coloring up so nicely now, lots of pink back with some red... interesting indeed. It's encrusting too, so it's definitely progressing. Stay tuned for a pic!

Also managed to pick up a nice juvenile Cirrhilabrus filamentosus, whip fin fairy wrasse. He's getting along just fine with my McCoskers, and they're the same size. They are quite fine in each others company, and the filamented is feeding well. I'll take some pics when I'm done re-arranging :ninja:

Acropora Echinata

DSC_0032-2.jpg

Highlighter actinic

DSC_0001-18.jpg

Daurth Maul actinic

DSC_0019-12.jpg

McCoskers

DSC_0026-6.jpg

Clowns

DSC_0043-5.jpg

Scooby

DSC_0047-5.jpg

2 Wrasses, and some photobombers

DSC_0036-6.jpg

Right Front side

DSC_0033-9.jpg

Left Pane

DSC_0039-5.jpg

Comments!!!

Is that a carpenters flasher wrasse? I thought McCoskers were orange and pink and blue? Ive never had luck with 2 wrasses in the same tank

IDK what it is, bought it as a McCoskers, but it's still small so I'll judge when its true colors are developed. The two wrasses are doing well so far, I think the 60g is a big enough for 2 without too much bickering.

Beautiful photos! Your coral colours are excellent man. What is your nitrate and phosphate reading at and what test kits are you using?

Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate the feedback. To be 100% honest, I don't test for nitrate or phosphate anymore. The corals are my test kits. I've found out countless times that SPS are the best indicators of water quality. If my colors fade, I know something besides by cal and alk are jacked since i test weekly for that, so I cut back on feeding and up the water changes. I use biopellets and a chaeto/mangrove sump so I know my water is super clean, considering how much I feed.

How's your mom tank looking back home bro? Any update on that tank? I know I don't have tell you how good your tank is. Bcuz you're already doing a hella fantastic job on it, I was just only concerning about your mom tank. Haha

All of those SPS look so happy. I'm loving this tank! TOTM in the future for sure.

Thanks Med, I thank you for your kind words. Hopefully someday I can do a feature, that would be cool.

How's your mom tank looking back home bro? Any update on that tank? I know I don't have tell you how good your tank is. Bcuz you're already doing a hella fantastic job on it, I was just only concerning about your mom tank. Haha

Thanks dude, the tank is fine....everything is growing like crazy. Ill try and get her to take some pics of it...

Small update:

Local guy got some nice aussie SPS and I got some 3-4" mini colonies. One is a nasuta and the other is a horrida. Both mother colonies were nice and tabled out, these guys need to fill in a bit and they'll be amazing pieces...

Archived