Pod Your Reef

Drift Monkey's Picotope

Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey
Drift, if this nerite crawled out today or yesterday night, try putting it back in the tank. it should come out of its shell if its alive. they are adapted to spending around a day outside water.

He immediately woke back up and was just fine. I am missing another one now though...-_-

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea a couple are going into the fuge. They dont do a damn thing. They are actors, they just pretend to eat algae.

Drift Monkey
Yea a couple are going into the fuge. They dont do a damn thing. They are actors, they just pretend to eat algae.

They just carpet surf on their off time...

I got one of the dwarf ceriths in my fuge right now...:D

I just enjoy knocking the nerites off the glass with the glass cleaner. They freaked my gf out the other day tho. One was crawling along the output of the ac70 and she flipped. She was like its going to crawl out. I couldnt breathe i was laughing so hard.

Drift Monkey
I just enjoy knocking the nerites off the glass with the glass cleaner. They freaked my gf out the other day tho. One was crawling along the output of the ac70 and she flipped. She was like its going to crawl out. I couldnt breathe i was laughing so hard.

I found one of 'em upside down in the sand just hanging out at the back of the tank. It was a PITA getting him out and right side up!

Drift Monkey

207844_10150160734416137_519406136_6650353_6904187_n.jpg

Moved this guy, I think he likes this spot better, not at pissed now. :lol:

216751_10150160735131137_519406136_6650361_5194978_n.jpg

This other one is bigger than I expected. He needs to hurry up and open all the way so I can see how big...

Drift Monkey

Nothing is attached! It took my a LONG time (and a lot of cussing) to get the one in the first pic the way I wanted it. I managed to cram it in one the caves in my rock work...it looks pretty seemless. The second one is just chillin' on the sand next to the rock, lookin' like he's a part of it...:lol:

Drift Monkey
haha keep him there

Yeah, I'm too lazy to move him anyway. He's a got a buddy dwarf cerith back there and plenty of macro to play around in now...:P

Drift Monkey
soon mine will be back there along with a couple stomatella snails

I wish I had some stomatellas! -_-

everything coral i have bought so far has had a couple on the plugs or rocks they came on lol. They are everywhere in the tanks at my lfs. At first i took them off cause i didnt know what they hell they were then i found out they were fine.

Drift Monkey
You seriously have one of the most amazing Picos! How'd you get it all to fit??

Untitled-shark1.jpg

It's always a challenge...but I always get it all to fit. ;)

That great white is having troubple with the current from the pico powerhead :lol:

Powerheard is way too strong...had to turn it down for him.

I'm kinda new to the hobby but what steps do you take to acclimate the yellow divers?

I just threw him right in! No acclimation needed!

Archived