SaltCritters.com

Drift Monkey's Picotope

Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey

The 10g hex quick crew to split with a friend...also added some chaeto and penny macro for good measure.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea i forgot about the penny macro. I should of ordered that. Unfortunately its probably going to take 3 days to get here cause im basically on the other side of the country from them lol.

Drift Monkey
Yea i forgot about the penny macro. I should of ordered that. Unfortunately its probably going to take 3 days to get here cause im basically on the other side of the country from them lol.

I'm a tad closer...:P Probs will take 2 for me.

lol thankfully we havent hit a hot spell yet so it should be in the upper 70's and low 80's this week. If only it could stay like this all year.

Drift Monkey
lol thankfully we havent hit a hot spell yet so it should be in the upper 70's and low 80's this week. If only it could stay like this all year.

Geez, you're telling me. It's been in the 80s all week until today...cold front came through and knocked it down to a nice 65 all day. I even had to plug in the heater! :P Lows gettin' down to the upper 30s for me tonight...gotta love Texas weather. :lol:

haha yea we had a cold front yesterday. While i was at work its dipped down to about 50 or so. Should be back to normal the next couple days. We are trying to wait as long as possible before turning on the A/C. I was happy though cause the other day it was 82 inside and the tank sat at 77. We keep out house at 80 in the summer so im hoping not to have any heat problems.

Drift Monkey
haha yea we had a cold front yesterday. While i was at work its dipped down to about 50 or so. Should be back to normal the next couple days. We are trying to wait as long as possible before turning on the A/C. I was happy though cause the other day it was 82 inside and the tank sat at 77. We keep out house at 80 in the summer so im hoping not to have any heat problems.

I almost never turn on the A/C or heater...because I'm a cheap ass college student. :haha: Last summer it got up to 85+ inside my place...that was fun. Might have to turn it on on real hot days so my livestock won't melt now though...:scarry:

John sent me the shipping confirmation BTW...looks like I'll be getting 'em soon! :happy:

I almost never turn on the A/C or heater...because I'm a cheap ass college student. :haha: Last summer it got up to 85+ inside my place...that was fun. Might have to turn it on on real hot days so my livestock won't melt now though...:scarry:

John sent me the shipping confirmation BTW...looks like I'll be getting 'em soon! :happy:

haha well im in NJ and i still have my heat on, i think we hit a high of 63 degrees this past week, i hate winter!

Drift Monkey
haha well im in NJ and i still have my heat on, i think we hit a high of 63 degrees this past week, i hate winter!

Wow, what part of NJ? I got a buddy in Rahway.

Drift Monkey

CUC arrived today!

206452_10150159532851137_519406136_6642779_4709491_n.jpg

Everything was in there and in good condition! Got some chaeto and my penny macro ended up being gracilaria, both of which are in my fuge now.

Big shout out to John @ Reef Cleaners!

Drift Monkey
lookin good man,

Thanks! Can't wait to see some harlequin shrimp in yours! B)

It seems like you are back in business.

It seems so. I hope to get mine nice and full like yours! :D

Drift Monkey

A local reefer that attends my university came by to pick up his portion of the CUC today...and he left me a present!

207179_10150159752396137_519406136_6643743_2827877_n.jpg

One of the mushrooms he hooked me up with.

206238_10150159752866137_519406136_6643747_567074_n.jpg

...and his kinda pissed buddy. This one came on a piece of rubble that has really nice coralline growth. Hope it spreads!

215870_10150159753246137_519406136_6643748_1687068_n.jpg

One of the nerties, you can see his buddy in the back if you look hard enough...

Drift Monkey

Is anyone running a DIY ATO? I'd like to try to find the smallest reliable switch possible...it'd be nice to leave town and not worry about my tank. I'd love an osmolator, but I'm not ready to shell out that kinda cash! ;)

Drift Monkey
Mine is diy but I wouldn't say it's the smallest switch ever. It is the smallest one I could find though.

What compnents do you use? Cost? Ease of assembly?

Is anyone running a DIY ATO? I'd like to try to find the smallest reliable switch possible...it'd be nice to leave town and not worry about my tank. I'd love an osmolator, but I'm not ready to shell out that kinda cash! ;)

Hey driftmonkey I started a thread asking the same thing about a DIY ATO I know jgpicodope is running one but maybe we can use the thread I started ?

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry3316801

haha looks like JG got here before me!

Drift, if this nerite crawled out today or yesterday night, try putting it back in the tank. it should come out of its shell if its alive. they are adapted to spending around a day outside water.

Archived