Top Shelf Aquatics

Drift Monkey's Picotope

Drift Monkey

Lol I'm actually ordering some stuff from them right now. I also need some shells for the hermit crabs. It's better that paying 1-2 bucks per cuc member at a lfs

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea. I already have the nerites so I just ordered the rest of it separately lol and some empty shells. And the order is officially sent wooohooo omgomgomg

Drift Monkey
Yea. I already have the nerites so I just ordered the rest of it separately lol and some empty shells. And the order is officially sent wooohooo omgomgomg

Awesome! :lol:

I had to at least get the empty shells cause my gf asks everyday when I'm getting them lol. I'm like the crabs aren't going to grow that much overnight.

Drift Monkey
I had to at least get the empty shells cause my gf asks everyday when I'm getting them lol. I'm like the crabs aren't going to grow that much overnight.

hahaha "but they need new homes!"

Man I kinda wanna just order the 3g quickcrew...

Drift Monkey
i really like you rock layout for such a small tank, im sure one it starts filling in, itll look sick!

Thanks! I'm so ready for this thing to be cycled! :happy:

Drift Monkey
You gonna try the locline mod for the pico evo? lookin good btw. cant wait to see this thing stocked

Where did you say you got the parts from again?

Hmmm...I got some free time...maybe I'll run to the hardware store real quick and try to build a surface skimmer....

You can order locline from gl#######s.com or your lfs might have it. I have some from an old project I might try that locline pico mod

Drift Monkey

I was bored, so I decided to test my water parameters again...

pH: 8.2

Ammonia: 0 ppm

Nitrites: 0 ppm

Nitrates: 20 ppm

SG: 1.024

Temp: ~78

Guess I'm all cycled! :happy: CUC ordered and should be here in a few days! Might try to grab a few frags from some local reefers now...:D

Drift Monkey

Thanks pj, yeah I just had all my equipment laying around so I though I'd put it to some use! :lol:

I'm gonna start with softies and see where I go from there...I'm def gonna have some shrimp & some porcelain crabs though, and a maxi-mini/mini-mini, we'll see.

Porcelain crabs are pretty cool. My LFS has some but im just afraid they might hide a lot. Did you order your cuc from reefcleaners? Mine shipped today cause the nerites arent touching the rockwork. They mostly stay on the rocks.

Drift Monkey
Porcelain crabs are pretty cool. My LFS has some but im just afraid they might hide a lot. Did you order your cuc from reefcleaners? Mine shipped today cause the nerites arent touching the rockwork. They mostly stay on the rocks.

Yeah, that's the problem with 'em, I'd be sweet to get one to host a maxi-mini though! Yeah I put in the order to reefcleaners yesterday...do they send you a shipping confirmation once they ship?

What did you order? Did you get that quick crew that you were going to split with a friend or the pico quick crew?

Archived