SaltCritters.com

Drift Monkey's Picotope

Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey
Nice. hopefully im able to go to my lfs and put some stuf on my employee account lol. I love working at a fish store cause i can not pay for things right away and just owe them so hopefully I find some stuff i want or need.

Yeah, just "owe them" a bunch right before you move. :haha:

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol I am nervous to get too much livestock before I leave cause I have never moved a tank before. I wouldnt want to get all kinds of stuff just to kill it in a move ya know.

Drift Monkey

Pics as promised...

215433_10150164871606137_519406136_6686695_4379282_n.jpg

She gave me crabs! omgomgomg

216927_10150164893646137_519406136_6686786_7286014_n.jpg

Chillin' in their new home. One have them has since hosted one of my 'shrooms...:happy:

Also, I bought some shrimp pellets and fed my tank today...man that nassarius comes up quick! My candy canes gobbled whole pellets! The palys wolfed down their pellets with the quickness. I even got a couple shrooms in on the action. I swear they all look bigger/more plump now...:D I was even able to get one of the porcelain crabs to eat some of the pellety goodness! B)

Drift Monkey
sweet porcelain crabs. Next step.... SEXY SHRIMP!!!!!!

I'm still trying to track a local source for them. Might have to special order.

The LFS didn't have sexies, but they did have a bumblebee shrimp apparently...should I grab him as well? Would he be ok with 3 sexies in there with him?

Nice looking crabs drift!

Thanks! They're pretty awesome...I'd have added one more if they had another...

Your girl brought home crabs! Nice!

Yeah...and she gave them to me! :lol:

From what I have read they are all peaceful. I want two bumblebee shrimp and 1 porcelain crab. I'll do some more research at work tonight to make sure they are all compatible but i believe they are.

Drift Monkey
From what I have read they are all peaceful. I want two bumblebee shrimp and 1 porcelain crab. I'll do some more research at work tonight to make sure they are all compatible but i believe they are.

Yeah, that's what I read too, they are super tiny as well...maybe I'll have to snatch it up. Do they do better in groups like sexies?

I'm telling you...I have a crustacean problem...:D

Yeah, that's what I read too, they are super tiny as well...maybe I'll have to snatch it up. Do they do better in groups like sexies?

I'm telling you...I have a crustacean problem...:D

Haha so do i. Yea they are super tiny. Im not sure whether or not groups of them matter. I know they are like harlequins and eat starfish but will also take other meaty foods, unlike harlequins. My LFS said they would swith out my sexies for bumblebees but I think ill just add the bumblebees with the sexies. I was surprised, the sexies went the whole night and didnt touch my zoas. Maybe they are learning.

Drift Monkey
Haha so do i. Yea they are super tiny. Im not sure whether or not groups of them matter. I know they are like harlequins and eat starfish but will also take other meaty foods, unlike harlequins. My LFS said they would swith out my sexies for bumblebees but I think ill just add the bumblebees with the sexies. I was surprised, the sexies went the whole night and didnt touch my zoas. Maybe they are learning.

So I guess it'll be sexies + bumblebees + porcelain crabs club...:lol:

I also wanna find a pom pom crab...:naughtydance:

I havent seen pom pom crabs in person yet. I was thinking about a clown goby too but i really dont want to make a lid.

Drift Monkey
I havent seen pom pom crabs in person yet. I was thinking about a clown goby too but i really dont want to make a lid.

Ah, screw vertebrates! Who needs em! :P

Ah, screw vertebrates! Who needs em! :P

Haha, yea the other tanks can have their fish, that get ich and all those diseases. We will keep the inverts. If i dont get a fish then i guess that means i have to get a maxi mini nem huh. That was another reason i didnt want one cause if i got a goby i didnt want it to become a nice meal for the nem.

Drift Monkey
Haha, yea the other tanks can have their fish, that get ich and all those diseases. We will keep the inverts. If i dont get a fish then i guess that means i have to get a maxi mini nem huh. That was another reason i didnt want one cause if i got a goby i didnt want it to become a nice meal for the nem.

You nem hosting inverts will thank you for providing them with a new home! :D

Drift Monkey
The little crabs look cool. Sexies + bumblebee = I like the idea.

The more I think about it...the more I want to go pick up a bumblebee tomorrow. Hmmmm...

Drift Monkey
The little crabs look cool. Sexies + bumblebee = I like the idea.

They are entertaining me right now with their little filter feeder appendages! :D

Yeah the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced tomorrow I will go pick a bumblebee shrimp up... :D

do it. you know you want to

A pair would be even cooler...I'll see what they have tomorrow...;)

I love when girls give me crabs! Lol those porcelains are awesome. We have had a couple bumblebee shrimp at my lfs before and I should have picked a couple up instead of the sexies. I think I'm going to go get a pom pom crab tomorrow. I really like your lighter colored porcelain, it's awesome. I need to do something with my tank cause it's getting boring. I really like the progress youve made drift.

Drift Monkey
I love when girls give me crabs! Lol those porcelains are awesome. We have had a couple bumblebee shrimp at my lfs before and I should have picked a couple up instead of the sexies. I think I'm going to go get a pom pom crab tomorrow. I really like your lighter colored porcelain, it's awesome. I need to do something with my tank cause it's getting boring. I really like the progress youve made drift.

Yeah, pom pom are awesome...gonna have to see if I can order one...

Needs moar livestock!

Working on it! Hopefully you'll able to help a brother out! ;)

Archived