ReefCleaners.org

Drift Monkey's Picotope

Drift Monkey

Yeah right, you will live vicariously through my tank anyway. :P

Haha All Hail Drift's Tank :bowdown:

Any news on the possible upgrade? And did you decude what you are going to do with the pico?

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drift Monkey
Haha All Hail Drift's Tank :bowdown:

Any news on the possible upgrade? And did you decude what you are going to do with the pico?

Looking more and more possible...:D Gonna keep the pico (got another light for it ;)), it's gonna likely turn into a maxi-mini/sexy shrimp dominated tank!

Whether or not I plumb it into the other tank is yet to be decided...

Looking more and more possible...:D Gonna keep the pico (got another light for it ;)), it's gonna likely turn into a maxi-mini/sexy shrimp dominated tank!

Whether or not I plumb it into the other tank is yet to be decided...

A maxi/mini and sexy shrimp dominated pico will look awesome. Plumbing it into the new tank is a tough choice. When you switch your stuff to the new tank you could build an overflow in the pico since it will be empty and plumb them both to the same sump.

Drift Monkey
A maxi/mini and sexy shrimp dominated pico will look awesome. Plumbing it into the new tank is a tough choice. When you switch your stuff to the new tank you could build an overflow in the pico since it will be empty and plumb them both to the same sump.

Yeah I might just keep 'em separate...all the current equipment is staying with the picotope (minus the lights). Trying to find a spot to relocate it to too...might put it directly next to my bed on my makeshift nightstand haha.

Would have to run another ATO and timer though...:mellow:

Drift Monkey
I agree seems like a lot of work to plumb them together. Are you going with an ADA for you new tank.

Yup. ADG's shipment of tanks comes in tomorrow and they'll have 'em in their possession a week later...:D

Drift Monkey
So do I. Shallow tanks are awesome. I really want something like a 24in X 24in X 9 or 10in.

Not shallow enough! :P Well that and I like long tanks over wide tanks...although 24x24x9 would be pretty damn sweet to be honest. 60-Fs are 24x12x7 and 8.5gal, so it'll still be a small tank. Might even pass for a pico the way the term is thrown around here. :P

Not shallow enough! :P Well that and I like long tanks over wide tanks...although 24x24x9 would be pretty damn sweet to be honest. 60-Fs are 24x12x7 and 8.5gal, so it'll still be a small tank. Might even pass for a pico the way the term is thrown around here. :P

You guys are so giving me the itch! I leave for the US next friday. Gives me something to look forward to!

Drift... you adding another tank to the current one with plumbing?

Drift Monkey
You guys are so giving me the itch! I leave for the US next friday. Gives me something to look forward to!

Drift... you adding another tank to the current one with plumbing?

Possibly, but unlikely. They'll likely end up separate.

So you are going to get a 60-f! Nice. I really want one, but I already dropped to much money on my current setup, gonna have to wait at least 3-4 months before I actually can afford it.

Drift Monkey
So you are going to get a 60-f! Nice. I really want one, but I already dropped to much money on my current setup, gonna have to wait at least 3-4 months before I actually can afford it.

I've been hinting at it and have mentioned it in a few other threads...but the 60-F is def the way to go! I like the dimensions of the Mr. Aqua tank too...but the glass/quality just won't be as good as the ADA.

Drift Monkey
Yea, ADA makes some really cool tanks. Do you have all the equipment ready for the larger tank?

I'm just missing a couple more things...an inline heater and an ATO. That and the tank of course...:P

I'm just missing a couple more things...an inline heater and an ATO. That and the tank of course...:P

That is cool. I've noticed that entry cost to the hobby is quite expensive, but once all the equipment is acquired it can last for quite a while or is easily traded, unlike other hobbies.

Drift Monkey
That is cool. I've noticed that entry cost to the hobby is quite expensive, but once all the equipment is acquired it can last for quite a while or is easily traded, unlike other hobbies.

It's quite expensive, especially with on a college student's income (read: none). :mellow: I do tend to find some really good deals on things poking around on forums though...which is partially why I decided to go ahead and setup another tank.

I tend to keep my tanks relatively simple though...no auto-feeders or anything... :P

The 60-F idea in my head is a lagoon (shallow reef) tank with a planted-tank inspired scape, with a wabi-kusa style rock structure. I'm gonna try to bonsai some red mangroves and have a prop root structure that webs and extends over the rocks with corals growing near or on the same rock structure. Not gonna lie, this is a bit ambitious because I feel like it might take a long while for the mangroves to grow in like I'd want...but that's kinda the plan anyway...

Drift Monkey
tank looks great, that AC70 is a beast! it's not available in the UK like most decent products!

Really, no AC products across the pond? That's odd, and really a shame!

It's quite expensive, especially with on a college student's income (read: none). :mellow: I do tend to find some really good deals on things poking around on forums though...which is partially why I decided to go ahead and setup another tank.

Yea same here med student = no life and poor. I worked my butt off last summer at a research place and that is so far my entertainment money.

afraid not, sucks. you guys get all the cool stuff!

You gotta check out some Japanese stuff.

Drift Monkey
Fuge light another par 38 or a par 30?

BoostLED PAR30 3RB 2C, 60 degree. It'll eventually become this tank's main light.

Archived