Top Shelf Aquatics

Drift Monkey's Picotope

Drift Monkey

Milkeeway

REALLY off topic, but remember a while ago you said you had heating issues? I know it's probably not an issue anymore, but an idea popped into my head for those of you who live in climates that occasionally get too hot for your tank. Is it possible to freeze some of you're RO/DI or SW then let the ice cubes melt in your tank, fuge, etc. ?

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drift Monkey
REALLY off topic, but remember a while ago you said you had heating issues? I know it's probably not an issue anymore, but an idea popped into my head for those of you who live in climates that occasionally get too hot for your tank. Is it possible to freeze some of you're RO/DI or SW then let the ice cubes melt in your tank, fuge, etc. ?

I dunno if I wrote that in my thread, but I already did that. RO/DI cubes in your fuge works, but not for too long though...A/C works better. ;)

60-P to tall, I would pick the 60-F and make it work some how. Mr. Aqua seems like an option, but wish they had a low iron type of glass like ADA.

Drift Monkey
60-P to tall, I would pick the 60-F and make it work some how. Mr. Aqua seems like an option, but wish they had a low iron type of glass like ADA.

Yeah, I'd seriously consider the Mr Aqua if it were low iron...but it's not. I really like shallow tanks, so maybe when I get mine you'll be convinced. ;)

That is awesome, idk why it took me lightyears to think of it.

Try it if your temps get too high, def can work...a good way to top off too! :P

Milkeeway

Not to hijack but after disappearing better than Chris Angel ever could I thought I'd let you know I posted an update on my Pico thread (not good)

now put it on max setting, get your camera ready and then plug it into the socket. quickly take a series of pictures of the tank, showing the powerhead in action(you may want to stand back for this one).

Drift Monkey
haha i need a video for proof that its running

Haha, maybe in a bit...I have it sorta high up and it's making a sweet surface skimming vortex. B)

I'm jealous!

My wallet isn't. :P

That is so freakin AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks man, this thing is pretty awesome!

now put it on max setting, get your camera ready and then plug it into the socket. quickly take a series of pictures of the tank, showing the powerhead in action(you may want to stand back for this one).

It came turned up higher than I expected...it could probably empty the tank at 50%! :o

Vortech in pico = crazy intense madness. You could make reef margaritas with that thing!

I could...it's at the lowest setting right now in lagoonal mode...nice and calm... ;)

Drift Monkey
Why isnt it done yet drift. Im tired of waiting :P

Geez! :P Everything is asleep in my tank...I flipped the lights on to film this...

Bonus crab shot!

227721_10150180574581137_519406136_6842773_846438_n.jpg

These guys are really makin' themselves at home lately...

Also...now that the zoa/xenia blob is attaching itself to my rock work, I fragged out a small zoa colony that one of the xenias was hanging on to for dear life. :lol: I glued it to a tiny pice of rubble...it seems like a different color morph too! :happy:

Drift Monkey
haha that is awesome. The vortech is definitely moving some water.

The flow pattern is really wide too..makes the Hydor Pico Evo seem like a squirt gun...

alfiefive
I'm jealous!

+1 totally jelly.

I am "blown away" looking at the MP10 in a picotope.

Tank looks great.

Drift Monkey
+1 totally jelly.

I am "blown away" looking at the MP10 in a picotope.

Tank looks great.

:P Thanks.

That is so cool. You have made me put another thing on the want list for my future upgrade.

ADA tanks require a MP10 and lily pipes...I thought you knew? :lol:

Archived