Innovative Marine Aquariums

Drift Monkey's Picotope

Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey
great videos drift. My sexies love frozen mysis. I bought the san fran bay brand cause my petsmart didnt have hikari in stock. Just thaw a cube in some water and split it into 2 cups so its thin layers and then refreeze it. Then you can just break it up and thaw small pieces when you need to use it.

My petsmart had zero...looks like the search goes on tomorrow...:angry:

On the bright side, my dryrock should be in tomorrow...still no tank though...-_-

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My petsmart had zero...looks like the search goes on tomorrow...:angry:

On the bright side, my dryrock should be in tomorrow...still no tank though...-_-

That gives you more time to come up with scape designs

Drift Monkey
That gives you more time to come up with scape designs

It took me about 3 tries to get the one I have for this tank... :P I'm a 'scaping genius! :P

Seriously though, I'll have more rock to work with so we'll see what I can come up with! Might have to buy another bucket and bet my curing/cycling on early! :D

Drift Monkey
So when is the tank expected?

Hell, I was supposed to try to pick it up this weekend while I was in Houston, but it's still in customs. Supposedly they get their hands on it tomorrow...we'll see. At this point I'll just pay the shipping to get it whenever (cheap, it's not far). -_-

Hell, I was supposed to try to pick it up this weekend while I was in Houston, but it's still in customs. Supposedly they get their hands on it tomorrow...we'll see. At this point I'll just pay the shipping to get it whenever (cheap, it's not far). -_-

That sucks. Well I would definitely start working on the scape and start curing the rocks while you wait. Where did you order the dry rock from?

Drift Monkey
That sucks. Well I would definitely start working on the scape and start curing the rocks while you wait. Where did you order the dry rock from?

BRS. Got in on a local GB for some free shipping! B) Got about 10lbs (not gonna use it all)...so I'll have plenty...

I simply love your inverts diversity! If Sexies just weren't so damn expensive here in Denmark I would have a bunch of these as well.

Also, I love the way the Anemone Shrimp just wags its 'tail' all the time :D Looks amazing!

Drift Monkey
that is a lot of shrimp man. that glass shrimp is amazing!

yeah...I think I'm done with adding shrimp...for this tank anyway! :lol: He is pretty sweet...def my fav right now I think.

What camera are you using for your videos... your iPhone?

Yup...not bad eh?

Great now I need a glass shrimp. Thanks drift...lookin good btw

Glad I could help... :P Thanks man.

I simply love your inverts diversity! If Sexies just weren't so damn expensive here in Denmark I would have a bunch of these as well.

Also, I love the way the Anemone Shrimp just wags its 'tail' all the time :D Looks amazing!

Thanks! I'm just curious, how much do they cost there?

Yeah...you should see how the shrimp "claps" sometimes...highly entertaining...it'll even clean my finger now! B)

Drift Monkey

Picked up 10lbs BRS “Reef Saver” Eco Dry Aquarium Live Rock. Stuff is pretty nice...really porous and stacks together like legos! Still messin' around with 'scape ideas, but can you guess how many pieces of rock this is?

225418_10150191252566137_519406136_6928339_3891194_n.jpg

229078_10150191277271137_519406136_6928708_5070872_n.jpg

Thanks! I'm just curious, how much do they cost there?

Yeah...you should see how the shrimp "claps" sometimes...highly entertaining...it'll even clean my finger now! B)

The cheapest I have ever seen them is like 15$. But that's only when my LFS takes a trip to Dejong Marinelife in Holland to get them. Never seen them in Danish stores though.

You just inspired me; I ordered two sexies, an anemone shrimp and a porcelain crab :D

Drift Monkey
FIVE!

Close...

But what if its FOUR?

first scape looks like fun.

Colder...

Yeah I like the first one...we'll see.

The cheapest I have ever seen them is like 15$. But that's only when my LFS takes a trip to Dejong Marinelife in Holland to get them. Never seen them in Danish stores though.

You just inspired me; I ordered two sexies, an anemone shrimp and a porcelain crab :D

That's about the right price...

Awesome! You won't be disappointed!

Drift Monkey

Now for some sad news...my anemone shrimp jumped! :( Found him dried up under my AC70 this morning of all places... :tears:

225480_10150191716231137_519406136_6932470_914895_n.jpg

Poor little guy...R.I.P.

Drift Monkey
Sorry to hear about your shrimp, man. It's bad. Is this your first jumper?

With this tank...yes. Everything else seems to be fine. I guess I'll try to find another one...-_-

Dude that sucks. I am putting a top on mine now since I think my hi-fin jumped but I'm not sure. Since I'm getting an anemone shrimp I'm putting something after seeing this...

I'm saying 3 or 6 lol

Drift Monkey
and pick up a lid while youre at it. shrimp and fish are very good jumpers.

Wish I could just head to the store and grab one...finding one is not exactly easy.

Dude that sucks. I am putting a top on mine now since I think my hi-fin jumped but I'm not sure. Since I'm getting an anemone shrimp I'm putting something after seeing this...

I'm saying 3 or 6 lol

?

yes idk what the 3 or 6 refers to...?

You can have a lid made for you at a glass/mirror shop.

Drift Monkey
yes idk what the 3 or 6 refers to...?

You can have a lid made for you at a glass/mirror shop.

Measuring it out the tough part I think...

Update...all the shrimp look happy...they all took to the mysis very well (so did the crabs!) :happy: One of the sexies molted as well, but it seems one of the sexies is MIA as far as I can see... :(

Archived