ReefCleaners.org

Drift Monkey's Picotope

Drift Monkey

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drift Monkey
Indeed. I might actually try to tackle also DIY LED for these PC fixtures I have.

What do you plan on doin' with 'em?

What do you plan on doin' with 'em?

I want to be able to grow sps, what would be cool is a panoramic aquarium with a area dedicated mainly to sps.

Drift Monkey
I want to be able to grow sps, what would be cool is a panoramic aquarium with a area dedicated mainly to sps.

You could achieve that with a spotlight...;)

True, but I must admit I've always been crazy about building things, so why not make something I can later customize. Are you going to be building a sump for your new aquarium?

Drift Monkey
True, but I must admit I've always been crazy about building things, so why not make something I can later customize. Are you going to be building a sump for your new aquarium?

No sump...keeping it really simple. MP10 + Eheim 2232 Canister is all I'm gonna run.

No sump...keeping it really simple. MP10 + Eheim 2232 Canister is all I'm gonna run.

Cool. So no refugium?

I decided on the Mr. Aqua 12 gallon for the upgrade, this time 100% sure. Now I need to make a budget on how much money I'm going to throw in the tank this time...lol. Last time I went out of control.

Drift Monkey
Cool. So no refugium?

I decided on the Mr. Aqua 12 gallon for the upgrade, this time 100% sure. Now I need to make a budget on how much money I'm going to throw in the tank this time...lol. Last time I went out of control.

Nope. No refugium either...I'll probably keep some macros intank. The Mr. Aqua tank is nice too, what made you decide on it? The height? The volume? It just sucks it doesn't come in low-iron glass or I'd probably go that route as well.

Nope. No refugium either...I'll probably keep some macros intank. The Mr. Aqua tank is nice too, what made you decide on it? The height? The volume? It just sucks it doesn't come in low-iron glass or I'd probably go that route a well.

The dimensions, it is what I have been looking for. After reading reviews customers seem to be satisfied, so I guess I might fall within that category.

gritchie4

Man all this talk about an upgrade makes me want one haha. I can see the look on my girlfriends face if i brought home another tank.

Man all this talk about an upgrade makes me want one haha. I can see the look on my girlfriends face if i brought home another tank.

The look would be priceless, :lol:

gritchie4

Haha now picture the look on my face holding my pico in the street when she kicks me out. I think i'll stick with just the pico for now :lol:

bwoodward0012

that look is priceless EVERYTIME i see it. "more fish stuff!?!?!" "what do you need a scooter for!?!?!" "another project car!?!?!"

luckily she pays the mortgage and i pay everything else, including her student loans, so kicking me out would not be beneficial to her, though she has threatened to sell my setups for dirt cheap if i make her mad.

Drift Monkey
Haha now picture the look on my face holding my pico in the street when she kicks me out. I think i'll stick with just the pico for now :lol:

:lol: Luckily my girl wants to help with the tank expenses! B)

that look is priceless EVERYTIME i see it. "more fish stuff!?!?!" "what do you need a scooter for!?!?!" "another project car!?!?!"

luckily she pays the mortgage and i pay everything else, including her student loans, so kicking me out would not be beneficial to her, though she has threatened to sell my setups for dirt cheap if i make her mad.

:lol: Y'all are like a pistol and a goby.

hey drift. your scape looks amazing. how is the mp10 working out in there?

Hey man, long time no see! Thanks man, I kinda like it more than my old scape too! The MP10 is great (on the lowest setting)! :P

Drift Monkey
3, you can always add more later.

Word, I originally wanted 3. My LFS (not really local, gotta drive out to SA -_-) got some in today...I think 4 total. I wouldn't wanna leave one all by its lonesome. :P I guess it'll depend if he hits me with a deal to grab all 4 (he sometimes does this). Updates later when I get back! B)

bwoodward0012

that's awesome... none of the lfs around here ever get sexies. iv'e seen harlequins and bongos locally but never sexies.

I'm so jealous of your Vortech!! I want one so bad, but told myself to wait until I get a larger tank and the basement is finished.

Drift Monkey
that's awesome... none of the lfs around here ever get sexies. iv'e seen harlequins and bongos locally but never sexies.

I want halequins too, maybe for the upgrade tank! :o

I'm so jealous of your Vortech!! I want one so bad, but told myself to wait until I get a larger tank and the basement is finished.

hahaha, cuttin' into the tire funds too! :P

I picked up 2 of the 4 sexies tonight...the other two were DOA. :(

hahaha, cuttin' into the tire funds too! :P

I picked up 2 of the 4 sexies tonight...the other two were DOA. :(

Same here need to fix my car. I'm postponing some of the upgrades

Maybe when you swing by Houston, my sexy shrimps will be ready to sell. They are still relatively small, and most likely will take another month and a half before they are mature.

Drift Monkey
Same here need to fix my car. I'm postponing some of the upgrades

Maybe when you swing by Houston, my sexy shrimps will be ready to sell. They are still relatively small, and most likely will take another month and a half before they are mature.

I'm headed down to H-town this weekend actually, it's mothers day! ;) I may grab some from you when the new setup is up and running.

227470_10150183004481137_519406136_6864116_5526842_n.jpg

They've been sittin' in here for about an hour now...

Archived