SaltCritters.com

Drift Monkey's Picotope

Drift Monkey

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drift Monkey
lots of light :scarry:

Too much light! :P I think the algae on my rock is loving it a little too much...bubbles form these days...:scarry:

Frags?

Xenia? ;)

Too much light! :P I think the algae on my rock is loving it a little too much...bubbles form these days...:scarry:

That's what you get for taking bad about my GHA :P

Drift Monkey
That's what you get for taking bad about my GHA :P

:haha: it's partially also because of my daily feedings and the fact that my chaeto melted...not too worried either way, the tank will be running on a single PAR30 soon and I'm gonna try to upgrade the fuge light somehow to compensate. :P

Drift Monkey

Got some sweet new equipment for the new setup today...:D It's getting closer...all I need is a 60-F and some rock/sand and I'll be rockin'! B)

Got some sweet new equipment for the new setup today...:D It's getting closer...all I need is a 60-F and some rock/sand and I'll be rockin'! B)

Man you are really making me want to start a 60-F.

Drift Monkey
I can't wait to see your new tank man. And I can't wait to do my upgrade. What par bulbs are you using again?

The ones I'm using right now, the two PAR38s (1x evil 20k 60 degree, 1x ecoxotic 12k 60 degree)...I got a PAR30 20k 60 degree to use for this tank (using it as a fuge light right now :P)

How is the GSP doing? I just picked some up from a fellow N-R member. If you have any tips about acclimation time, polyp extension time, etc., I'd love to hear your experience.

Thanks!

Drift Monkey
How is the GSP doing? I just picked some up from a fellow N-R member.

Looks happy after I found a good resting spot for it..it wasn't too happy about being moved around and crammed every which way into my rock work, but it looks good now...polyps are extending more and more...

Looks happy after I found a good resting spot for it..it wasn't too happy about being moved around and crammed every which way into my rock work, but it looks good now...polyps are extending more and more...

Is it a long process, unlike with zoas which sometimes open when they hit the water?

Drift Monkey
Is it a long process, unlike with zoas which sometimes open when they hit the water?
They are just like zoas in that regard. They may open right away, or take a few days to open up...it just depends on how they feel.
They are just like zoas in that regard. They may open right away, or take a few days to open up...it just depends on how they feel.

Sounds good! Thanks DM!

217634_10150176956781137_519406136_6805496_4672122_n.jpg

Aquamagic Lily Pipes! They shipped with small cracks in 'em though...:(

Sorry to hear about the crack, but those are so attractive.

Drift Monkey
Sorry to hear about the crack, but those are so attractive.

Yeah...the cracks suck, but it seems like aquaticmagic will be sending me replacement soon (hopefully without cracks this time)!

Yeah...the cracks suck, but it seems like aquaticmagic will be sending me replacement soon (hopefully without cracks this time)!

I'm sure a company in the business of shipping delicate glass has (hopefully) a quick process for this specific issue.

Drift Monkey
I'm sure a company in the business of shipping delicate glass has (hopefully) a quick process for this specific issue.

Yeah, everything I've read about them indicates that they take care it quickly...we'll see!

Archived