inTank Media Baskets

Bongo Shrimp's 29g Reef

Bongo Shrimp

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bongo Shrimp

Look at this happy acro! Its actually pinkish red and white but I turned off the blue LEDs for an iPhone pic :P

2e0a8b2e.jpg

And another happy one:

75922e12.jpg

Bongo Shrimp
BTW i'm following you on Twitter. I'm LikeaGrouse.

Cool I'll follow you. I am not a constant tweeter but I do tweet when I remember to.

• 2 weeks later...
altolamprologus

Wow just gorgeous! Is that the same one as above? The color looks so much better

Bongo Shrimp
Wow just gorgeous! Is that the same one as above? The color looks so much better

Yeah it has really been coloring up! The other was an iPhone pic and this is a DSLR pic but still the color has been getting better and better. The little bit of brown is going away near the back. It's only there because that part gets less light and is left over from when I first got it.

Plus now that I look at it, look at the center tip jutting out furthest (the one right smack in the middle) Compare the two shots. See the growth?

altolamprologus
Yeah it has really been coloring up! The other was an iPhone pic and this is a DSLR pic but still the color has been getting better and better. The little bit of brown is going away near the back. It's only there because that part gets less light and is left over from when I first got it.

Plus now that I look at it, look at the center tip jutting out furthest (the one right smack in the middle) Compare the two shots. See the growth?

I noticed the growth even before you pointed it out. It must love your tank

Bongo Shrimp
I noticed the growth even before you pointed it out. It must love your tank

I dose a lot and I don't care what the idiots who bash Brightwell Aquatics have to say having never even used the products. Take my tank as an example. As long as you DONT OVER DO IT, the stuff is only helpful.

altolamprologus
I dose a lot and I don't care what the idiots who bash Brightwell Aquatics have to say having never even used the products. Take my tank as an example. As long as you DONT OVER DO IT, the stuff is only helpful.

I love brightwell. Which products do you use?

Bongo Shrimp
I love brightwell. Which products do you use?

I cut back a little cause I had some algae growing but:

Calcion

Magnesion

Reef Code A

Reef Code B

CoralAmino

KoralColor

Replenish

Ferrion

Potassion

Iodion

Strontion

I think that's it. I have been using Seachem eight.four but will be switching to the Brightwell version soon when I decide to order some or find it at a LFS.

altolamprologus
I cut back a little cause I had some algae growing but:

Calcion

Magnesion

Reef Code A

Reef Code B

CoralAmino

KoralColor

Replenish

Ferrion

Potassion

Iodion

Strontion

I think that's it. I have been using Seachem eight.four but will be switching to the Brightwell version soon when I decide to order some or find it at a LFS.

Good to know. I've been thinking of starting to dose replenish and ferrion since I don't do water changes as often anymore. I assume by the look of your corals that you've had good results with them

Bongo Shrimp
Good to know. I've been thinking of starting to dose replenish and ferrion since I don't do water changes as often anymore. I assume by the look of your corals that you've had good results with them

I too have cut back on water changes and I think the supplements help. Although I think they help with water changes too cause some of that stuff is not in the water no matter what salt you use. Ferrion grows macro algaes. I'm sure it helps other things but I started using it when my chaeto's growth stunted. Now it grows like mad. In turn absorbing phos and nitrates. Replenish obviously does trace elements which I believe are beneficial for the corals.

I can't say which supplement is helping the most or anything but the combination seems to be working out very well.

Bongo Shrimp

New fishies! A type I have always wanted. Not rare but very very small. Will likely need to go to my friend's 150 when they are bigger but for now they are lots of fun!

Baby 1" Bartlett Anthias!

Bongo Shrimp
Pics NOW!

Ok I'm sorry please don't hurt me. :scarry:

Just a quick iPhone pic but you get the idea. This is my aspiring male. i.e. he is not a male yet but on the way there ;). I got him with two females but one somehow died in the bag on the way home (very weird as I would not have gotten her if she looked that sick) and the other female is I hope hope hope still hiding since last night. If not, I am confident my source can get me two more this size if need be.

7164a77f.jpg

Bongo Shrimp
Cute new baby fish. That SPS is a killer. I've been thinking of coral amino dosing also. But without a skimmer I'm hesitant to add something and have a bad alage bloom.

I barely view my crap biocube skimmer as a skimmer although I do admit it collects a lot of junk. I only seem to have a little algae growing on the sand and have backed down on the frequency of dosing the supplements such as amino acids. I also have cut back on the actual dosage of amino acids to under half the recommended dosage. Remember I am running an ulns. I also run my DIY fuge which I emptied today after about a month and it had a football sized clump of chaeto densely crammed into it. It was do jam packed that I broke a pipe trying to get it all out. The chaeto keeps the nitrates and phos down along with running phosban in my fluval g3 canister.

It's hard to see his size, but cute nonetheless. You always find the best fish

Thanks I try ;).

You wanted a pic now so I got a pic now. Take a ruler look at the 1" mark and think of a Bartlett anthias fitting in that mark.

• 2 weeks later...
Bongo Shrimp

FTS!!!

c2a3f424.jpg

The large brain is leaving tomorrow. It's going to my buddy's 150g. My lighting doesn't do it justice. It has yellow rings around each polyp and looks like the black hole sun acan.

The top back right coral which looks over exposed is a blue fijian car which I got slightly bleached to try and bring it back. Not looking good though.

Bongo Shrimp
Your tank changed a ton! omgomgomg It's looking good!

Btw is that Ganaels reef?

Thanks and no he is known as slapshot on the other forums (he isn't on nano reef).

Archived