ReefCleaners.org

Bongo Shrimp's 29g Reef

Bongo Shrimp

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bongo Shrimp
I love the shrimp, Bongo. The tank is looking great.

Thank you! I actually haven't seen the shrimp in a while because the cucumber moved to the back of the tank! Very annoying.

Bongo Shrimp
How is the ULNS coming along?

I think well but I still have some green algae growth on the sand. It's frustrating. I might have to try adding to the CUC.

• 2 weeks later...
Bongo Shrimp

So I got a Helfrichi Firefish today... I was going to get a pair but someone else beat me to the second one!

So I got a Helfrichi Firefish today... I was going to get a pair but someone else beat me to the second one!

I want another Hefrichi, though I don't think my wrasse will aloud it. Nice sps colonies by the way. I especially like the porites. Surprising it isn't more popular.

Bongo Shrimp
I want another Hefrichi, though I don't think my wrasse will aloud it. Nice sps colonies by the way. I especially like the porites. Surprising it isn't more popular.

Thanks! Wrasses can be annoying. The porites is just hard to come across and it grows relatively slowly which is why I bet it's hard to find.

Bongo Shrimp

Getting a GHL Profilux tripple dosing pump stand alone this week. About to have rock solid alk, cal and mag! Let the SPS super growth begin!

altolamprologus
Getting a GHL Profilux tripple dosing pump stand alone this week. About to have rock solid alk, cal and mag! Let the SPS super growth begin!

That's slightly frightening given how big your colonies already are. I see weekly fragging in your future.

Thanks! Wrasses can be annoying. The porites is just hard to come across and it grows relatively slowly which is why I bet it's hard to find.

I have a piece of yellow porites which is a very slow grower but also I have not given it the proper care or placement to be honest. It is hardy and looks great. I would love to find a green porites piece somewhere.

Bongo Shrimp
That's slightly frightening given how big your colonies already are. I see weekly fragging in your future.

I don't like fragging :(. Only if it is absolutely necessary. I really do need the dosing pump because my alk, cal and mag swing rather wildly on a daily basis. I dose twice a day to try to keep up with it but it still swings.

I have a piece of yellow porites which is a very slow grower but also I have not given it the proper care or placement to be honest. It is hardy and looks great. I would love to find a green porites piece somewhere.

I think my porites may be a different species than the branching yellow type but mine is at the bottom of the tank actually slightly shaded from the intense lights. Green shouldn't be hard to find but I have never seen a branching green porites, just encrusting.

Hey Bongo! I was at the lfs and instantly thought of your tank. Mainly your emperor Shrimp. Check out this massive sea cucumber.

Huge

02d87fcf.jpg

271d6f7e.jpg

That thing is UGLY^

Just looked like the big sea cucumbers the shrimp ride on the NatGeo videos. Well, I thought it was cool.

Hey Bongo! I was at the lfs and instantly thought of your tank. Mainly your emperor Shrimp. Check out this massive sea cucumber.

Huge

02d87fcf.jpg

271d6f7e.jpg

Do you regularly walk around with yellow mustard? Haha. Those are some cool cukes

Bongo Shrimp
Just looked like the big sea cucumbers the shrimp ride on the NatGeo videos. Well, I thought it was cool.

Yeah I have read about those. I think they get upwards of two feet in some cases. Not exactly a nano creature. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Bongo Shrimp

Been having some algae problems lately but I'm upping the mag to 1500 and that should take care of it. That's my excuse for the lack of pics.

I now have a helfrichi fire fish in this tank.

And today I caved:

348bc809.jpg

I can't wait to see it and I hope it's that blue.

I need to be named in your will or something. Not a fan of blue or purple corals but that colony is gorgeous.

I thought mag only helped with GHA?

EDIT: Sorry, I meant bryopsis. I've heard mag only helps with Bryopsis

Bongo Shrimp
I need to be named in your will or something. Not a fan of blue or purple corals but that colony is gorgeous.

I thought mag only helped with GHA?

EDIT: Sorry, I meant bryopsis. I've heard mag only helps with Bryopsis

Well, ya see, it kinda is bryopsis... I think.

I really like the branch structure and the shape. 6"!

So I'm thinking again about getting a Golden Dwarf Moray...

that would be awesome!!! do you still have the candy basslets?

oh, and can we cet a fts please? :D

that would be awesome!!! do you still have the candy basslets?

oh, and can we cet a fts please? :D

I do and I am a little conflicted in that sense but I have seen many people report that their GDM leaves fish alone. If I do get one I would be sure it was eating a non-fish item and I would stuff the eel so he'd be less likely to go after a fish. My friend has a 4ft snowflake and a 4ft zebra moray in his 150g and they don't touch his fish and he has gobies and mandarins and stuff.

I'll work on it. Trying to get this what I think is bryopsis under control. My mag is at about 1600 right now.

Archived