Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bongo Shrimp's 29g Reef

Bongo Shrimp

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply
altolamprologus

Those shrimp are nice. It's good you were able to get a large host for them and I hope you're able to keep them much longer than most people. The one Yoshii and I had lasted a year and a half before the tank was dismantled and he got separated from his cucumber and we never saw him again :(

Awesome pair. When you said you needed a cucumber that was the one I was gonna suggest. I just couldn't remember it's name.

GL with the shrimp as they are awesome.

Bongo Shrimp

Thanks everyone! I just want to reiterate that what I do isn't easy and I have had failures in the past. I don't want to lie that I am the king but I try to do my best to provide the necessary care for anything I do put in my tank. I hope that these shrimp will do well with this host and from what I have read the host is safe for reefs and easy to maintain itself. I think this is the best possible scenario for attempting to keep these shrimp short of finding one of those never collected super huge cucumbers they are found on in the wild. I think this host is the most suitable that is able to be obtained in the trade. BTW I have noticed (and noticed at the store) that the shrimp seem to ride the host and look for food as it moves. They do not seem to feed on the host itself unless they are feeding on some sort of slime that is not readily visible to me. Most of the time they hang off the edges of the cucumber and sort of blindly feel around for food. When I put the mysis in, one was so excited he darted off the cucumber and grabbed some food and then returned, luckily before the basslet saw anything. Another plus is that I have been preparing for a mostly SPS tank this time around so my parameters must be immaculate. That can only help the whole situation.

Didn't anyone notice the 7" acro I just got? Its in the FTS. Plus it has a pair of acro crabs in it. I thought there was only one when I got it.

Bongo Shrimp
The acro looks nice :) We were all distracted by the awesome emperors

I know. On the way home from getting the acro my friend and I stopped at a LFS and I found the emperors.

Bongo Shrimp

So yesterday while getting the cucumber I found a trimma tevegae and had it in the bag about to checkout when I noticed it had a swim bladder problem! So unlucky!

So yesterday while getting the cucumber I found a trimma tevegae and had it in the bag about to checkout when I noticed it had a swim bladder problem! So unlucky!

:( That stinks, but at least you got the Emperors and cucumber! They are very awesome B)

Bongo Shrimp

Im freaking out cause I can't find one of the shrimp! I'm hoping I just can't see him on the other side of the cuke. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Im freaking out cause I can't find one of the shrimp! I'm hoping I just can't see him on the other side of the cuke. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

For future reference (glad it wasn't missing!) I saw the Emperor under my care wander off it's cuke just a few times, but it's pretty rare

• 3 weeks later...
altolamprologus

Damn those acros are huge! I'm glad to see the emperors are still doing well too :)

Bongo Shrimp

Thanks guys! So now I'm waiting for an 8" strawberry shortcake for the far right side. My source will get one for me.

This is the one my friend got. It's a close up but it is 8".

astrawberry036a.jpg

animalmaster6

Just saw your Emperor Shrimp for the first time...

Fudge You :tears:

I can't even explain how jelly I am of you :P

Bongo Shrimp
Just saw your Emperor Shrimp for the first time...

Fudge You :tears:

I can't even explain how jelly I am of you :P

:happy:

Bongo Shrimp

Mysis, arctipods, dry foods, IDK thats what I feed the tank. They scavenge around the cuke.

Bongo Shrimp
Your tank is looking good. Awesome acro colonies and that strawberry shortcake.

Thanks! The shortcake isn't mine but I'm trying to get one just like it.

Archived