Cultivated Reef

Bongo Shrimp's 29g Reef

Bongo Shrimp

Let's just say I hope this is really that blue:

lg-010312-412a.jpg

I finally officially beat the algae. The tiny bits left are dying and I'm ready to make this a boss reef tank.

What kind of coral is this? Nice blue

Also nice Pom Pom crab, I've had a female for about 4 ish years now and they are great additions. Just got her a guy friend and they mated a few days later.

As always great to see stour new additions. :D

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bongo Shrimp

Thanks guys. It's a turbinaria or scroll coral. Never seen that color before and haven't gotten a coral for like 4 months so I couldn't resist.

As for my pom pom crab, I just noticed he lost his nems! He was doing so well. I will probably get another one with nems in the hopes they share. I know they do do that sometimes.

what algea?

I had a MAJOR bad bad bad case of hair algae that kept coming back week after week. It just slowly killed ever coral I had except my rhizo. It's pretty embarrassing or at least it was. It's one thing to have the problem but another to successfully over come it. ESPECIALLY without having boiled my rocks, gotten new rocks, or doing anything that drastic. I also had really bad nitrates and phosphates. But I finally got it under control.

Thanks guys. It's a turbinaria or scroll coral. Never seen that color before and haven't gotten a coral for like 4 months so I couldn't resist.

As for my pom pom crab, I just noticed he lost his nems! He was doing so well. I will probably get another one with nems in the hopes they share. I know they do do that sometimes.

Sorry the nems died. They looked good in the video. The whiter they are the better. I usually catch the crabs waving their nems in the water column snatching up cyclopeeze and all other non-photo foods I pour into the tank such as fauna Marin sea fan and ultra F formulas and Oceans Blend plankton mix. It keeps their nems healthy and huge.

Bongo Shrimp
Sorry the nems died. They looked good in the video. The whiter they are the better. I usually catch the crabs waving their nems in the water column snatching up cyclopeeze and all other non-photo foods I pour into the tank such as fauna Marin sea fan and ultra F formulas and Oceans Blend plankton mix. It keeps their nems healthy and huge.

Yeah that's what he used to do all the time. I knew his hang out spots and would blow some food in there. Even when I didn't though he found food. IDK what happened.

And thanks yoshii me too.

Bongo Shrimp

Hmm

Fish:

x2 False Percs Babies

x2 Copper Cards

x1 Trimma Goby

x1 Little Lawnmower Blenny (LOVES Hair Algae)

Inverts:

x1 Pom Pom Crab

x1 Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

x1 Blood Shrimp

x2 Sexy Shrimp

x1 RBTA

x1 Maxima Clam

Corals:

Rhizo

Blue Green Sympodium

Kenya Tree

Archohelia redviva

GSP (trying to kill it)

Bongo Shrimp

So I got a rescue red plate! A little bleached but eats like a champ. And I had to move Tiny to the Lagoon tank cause he loved my blue scroll coral a little too much.

Bongo Shrimp

It's not as dark as the pic but I have been told it may get darker. And also it is certainly not green. It is BLUE.

3b4aa826.jpg

How do you like the new auto feeder??? I will be using it for both tanks. Flasks are on order. :D (The temp is 42 cause I was installing the lights)

9831a594.jpg

altolamprologus
deep water

How about another hint, such as a scientific name :P

edit: How deep are we talking? If it's like tripod fish deep I want one too

How about another hint, such as a scientific name :P

Ok Stupidicus altolamprologus. Oh wait that's your scientific name. oops

altolamprologus
Ok Stupidicus altolamprologus. Oh wait that's your scientific name. oops

Close, except altolamprologus is the genus name :P

Archived