inTank Media Baskets

Bongo Shrimp's 29g Reef

Bongo Shrimp

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bongo Shrimp
did u find your Amikami goby in your friends tank yet. and how is ur white cap goby.

No it was in his fuge with his big flame lobster. He took out all the chaeto and no goby. As for the whitecap IDK he is probably gone. I mover the red spotted pistol into this tank and when I caught him there was no whitecap.

Bongo Shrimp
dang that sucks on both parts. how about your candy basslet?

Oh he's great! He now eats absolutely anything and he is such a character. Today I came home and found him in the hole with the red spotted pistol. IDK about that though. As soon as he saw me he was outa there like he didn't want me to see. I think he might be turning into a candy goby.

Bongo Shrimp
Sucks that the gobie is lost to the ages. It may turn up some day.

I wouldn't be surprised. He could be with the other pistol shrimp that is still in the other tank. (yes I had two in there)

• 4 weeks later...
Bongo Shrimp

So I finally got my LEDs fixed today by the master himself evil66. I now know why I have had issues keeping corals!

Before fixed:

132 PAR @ 12"

After fixed:

500 PAR @ 12"

I have been patiently waiting to get corals for over 5 months now. My nitrates are now 0, my phosphates are now 0 and I have ample lighting. In a few weeks after I slowly adjust the tank to the new "250W MH" I will be getting coral again!!!

Bongo Shrimp

Boiling LR tomorrow to kill the f#$%*^& majanos and then large Darth Maul Porites frag coming this week! So excited! After 5 months I'm able to get coral. I did it right!

• 2 weeks later...
Plus:

35941800.jpg

omgomgomg Nice!! Makes me miss an old Emperor Shrimp (lost in a tank move) :(

Good luck, I'm assuming you have a big cucumber for them?

Bongo Shrimp
omgomgomg Nice!! Makes me miss an old Emperor Shrimp (lost in a tank move) :(

Good luck, I'm assuming you have a big cucumber for them?

Getting one from my friend tomorrow.

Getting one from my friend tomorrow.

I really think that's the key to keeping them long term, a large host

You tried a pair before, right? With a turbo snail?

Bongo Shrimp
I really think that's the key to keeping them long term, a large host

You tried a pair before, right? With a turbo snail?

Yeah. I put a turbo in with them (in a breeder net for now) and am trying a tiger tail tomorrow or I might be able to get a bigger one from a LFS.

Wow, I am sorry I've missed this thread. In one page I'm all ready fascinated.

I have to know, where on earth did you get the red plate in the op? I'm starting something of a plate garden, that would go nicely.

Bongo Shrimp
Wow, I am sorry I've missed this thread. In one page I'm all ready fascinated.

I have to know, where on earth did you get the red plate in the op? I'm starting something of a plate garden, that would go nicely.

I got it a long time ago from a local reefer. They come around sporadically so there's no trick to finding them.

Yeah. I put a turbo in with them (in a breeder net for now) and am trying a tiger tail tomorrow or I might be able to get a bigger one from a LFS.

The Emperor I took care of was very happy with a very big cucumber in a 22g for over a year, but I haven't IDed the cucumber's species yet. I don't have much that much about their experience with tigertails, I'm curious too see what other people's experiences are with various cucumbers/hosts

Bongo Shrimp
The Emperor I took care of was very happy with a very big cucumber in a 22g for over a year, but I haven't IDed the cucumber's species yet. I don't have much that much about their experience with tigertails, I'm curious too see what other people's experiences are with various cucumbers/hosts

Well I'm going to see if my LFS has some black ones my friend told me about and if not- tiger tail.

Hmmm...are you terribly attached to yours? Just thinking out loud.

I've only seen emperor shrimp in person once, so I'll bow out of that conversation entirely

Bongo Shrimp

Thanks Rehype and keydiver! I have them hosting a "edible sea cucumber" or H. edibilis. I was lucky to find it at a lfs today because these don't hide like many other cucumbers and they don't extrude poison when stressed. Heck you can even eat them. I put it in the sand and introduced the shrimp and they were instant friends.

Love those shrimp, and congrats on getting a suitable host for them. Great that they eat mysis too so aren't totally reliant on it though.

Archived